Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
Did you hear PETA's newest attack?
They want to have "fish" renamed "seas kittens". Can you believe that???
They think if they can get people to call fish "kittens", that that will make them stop eatting them.
What a bunch of morons.
I mean.......don't we already have "hot DOGS"???
Maybe they will try to get them renamed "hot PUPPIES". (I wouldn't put it past them!) Even though we already have "hush puppies".

Milwaukee is known for it's Friday night fish frys. You think they will call it Friday night "sea kitten" frys???

These people need to get a life in my view. Now......I'm against animal cruelty, and think anyone that abuses an animal should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law....and then some.
But trying to take away our food by using stupid ploys like this is just plain idiotic.
I'm a meat eater, and no stupid acts like that is going to make me even THINK of not eatting meat.
But you can BET they will push this moronic crap at every public school they can get into.
Abort humans, but SAVE THE PERCH!!......i mean, "sea kitties!!!"

I had a friend who's girlfriend (Annie) would constantly tell us how horrible we were for being hunters. She would go ON and ON about how she and her sisters didn't eat meat, didn't believe in killing animals for food.
Then one day, we stopped at a little drive in in Milwaukee, known for it's barbecued beef. We ordered, and went out onto their lawn to eat. I look over, and there is Annie, chowing down on a HUGE barbecued beef sandwich. Of course there was NO WAY i was just gonna let this pass without a comment. So i asked her "I thought you were against killing animals for our food? What do you think barbecued beef comes from? I thought you didn't eat meat???" You know what her answer was? "But i really LIKE this!!!" Yup.......then i told her sisters what she said about them not eatting meat because they said it was wrong. They looked at me and said "WHAT!?!? We LOVE meat!"
PETA.....People Eatting Tasty Animals
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
This is a bit over the top. I agree that they should stop overfishing, whiping out entire species, but to call fish Kittens... are you sure this isn't a joke? :p

Reminder me alot of this episode of South Park.

http://www.southparkzone.com/episode.php?vid=605 
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago

This is a bit over the top. I agree that they should stop overfishing, whiping out entire species, but to call fish Kittens... are you sure this isn't a joke? :p

Reminder me alot of this episode of South Park.

http://www.southparkzone.com/episode.php?vid=605 

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I personally think it's a "joke".....but PETA doesn't. It's been all over the news, on TV and the radio, and is on Yahoo's front page today.
They are SERIOUS about it.

I think having fishing regulations in place to make sure we don't wipe out a species is fine, and smart to do. But PETA's only goal is to stop the use of animals for ANY reason.
Their ultimate goal is not just to make us stop eatting ANY kind of meat, but ANY use of animals. Like eggs? Like bacon with those eggs? If PETA gets it's way, you won't even be able to buy eggs.......or MILK for that matter.
Oh.......and you have a pet dog, or cat? Or fish.....bird.......turtle.....gerbil.......anything? If you do....PETA is coming after YOU!!!
I'm NOT making this stuff up! It's their ultimate goal!
Extremists.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
The irony, of course, is that PETA is the number-one euthanizer of dogs and cats in the WORLD, with the single highest kill rate of any humane society anywhere.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Cheesey - Just to make you feel better, when the zombie plague starts, NOBODY from Peta will survive. Not one of them. They're not cut out for survival.

One bad thing about advanced civilization is it removes its citizens from reality. You saw it in Rome. The enemy was at the gates but the parties kept going on because the Romans wanted to believe the fun won't stop.

Same thing with Peta. Not one of them has a clue how the real world works.

The real world is cruel. Life for animals in nature is nasty, brutish, and short. Anyone who spent any REAL amount of time outdoors will see how tough animals have it. Rabbits are walking food for just about EVERYONE. Wolves starve to death if they're too slow to catch their prey. A female bear with children has to protect her cubbies from male bears who will KILL them so they could mate for a female bear with cubbies loses the desire to have sexual intercourse. A deer in nature is completely paranoid, for it knows that EVERYONE thinks it tastes good so its natural response to anything is take off running. They have the flight response every single day of their stupid lives. (Yes, deer are stupid. All herbivores are stupid. That includes human vegetarians. Carnivores on the other hand are intelligent because they have to be. Stupid carnivores don't live long enough to breed).

When the zombie plague starts, any Peta member will be shown the door to my compound. If they don't leave, I'd simply kick their sheltered ass, then literally throw them out. I'm sorry for being so brutally honest, but I have NO respect for someone who is so far removed from reality to be in Peta.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago

The irony, of course, is that PETA is the number-one euthanizer of dogs and cats in the WORLD, with the single highest kill rate of any humane society anywhere.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I didn't know that.
But think about it.......domesticated animals would stand NO chance of survival in the wild. I have a chihuahua.......how long would he last on his own?
I have seen where PETA broke into a mink ranch at night, releasing all the mink in there. I bet they all went home, patting each other on the back and singing "born free" for the WONDERFUL thing they did.
Even though everything they did was criminal.
Oh.......and what about these farm raised mink? Fortunatley for them, MOST of then were recaptured. The ones that were not recovered, probably died a slow agonizing death from starvation. These animals had NO clue of how to catch other animals for their food. They were fed and had water in their pens. They were FARM RAISED and had no clue how to survive in the wild.
But i bet not ONE of those criminals thought about that fact. Nope.....like all the crap these types of people do, all it is is "feel good" useless crap.
They don't WANT to think of the consequences of their actions, as it might ruin their "feel good" day.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
That reminds me of all the naive, deluded Christians who are ransoming kidnapped Sudanese Christians from their Sudanese Muslim captors. Do-good Christian organizations in the States raise vast sums of money to ransom these people, then return them to their homes . . . where most of them are promptly recaptured only days or weeks later. Subsequent ransoms, of course, are astronomically more exorbitant, which only incentizes the Muslims to perpetuate the cycle. Consequently, these unfortunate souls go through the repeated trauma of kidnapping, while shortsighted American Christians are literally funding the Muslim forces in the Sudanese civil war. It's an unsustainable model: the organizations cannot possibly raise enough money to ransom all of the Christians, particularly when they're making it lucrative to continue the abductions.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

That reminds me of all the naive, deluded Christians who are ransoming kidnapped Sudanese Christians from their Sudanese Muslim captors. Do-good Christian organizations in the States raise vast sums of money to ransom these people, then return them to their homes . . . where most of them are promptly recaptured only days or weeks later. Subsequent ransoms, of course, are astronomically more exorbitant, which only incentizes the Muslims to perpetuate the cycle. Consequently, these unfortunate souls go through the repeated trauma of kidnapping, while shortsighted American Christians are literally funding the Muslim forces in the Sudanese civil war. It's an unsustainable model: the organizations cannot possibly raise enough money to ransom all of the Christians, particularly when they're making it lucrative to continue the abductions.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Well, at least spend a couple of more moments to tell everyone what else is pissing you off... I reckon' I'm too old to get anyone to listen.
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
It doesn't piss me off. I'm all for wasting your money in whatever way you see fit. I actually respect these people for putting their own money where they mouth is, instead of lobbying our government to force the rest of us taxpayers to fund their ideological struggle through yet another unconstitutional military incursion into a foreign country.

I was more commenting on the irony inherent in the "law of unintended consequences": these people are desperately trying to do good by intervening in the affairs of another country, but in their shortsighted quest for immediate, tangible results, are in fact funding (and thereby perpetuating) their own enemy.
UserPostedImage
Packerchick
15 years ago

Did you hear PETA's newest attack?
They want to have "fish" renamed "seas kittens". Can you believe that???
They think if they can get people to call fish "kittens", that that will make them stop eatting them.
What a bunch of morons.
I mean.......don't we already have "hot DOGS"???
Maybe they will try to get them renamed "hot PUPPIES". (I wouldn't put it past them!) Even though we already have "hush puppies".

Milwaukee is known for it's Friday night fish frys. You think they will call it Friday night "sea kitten" frys???

These people need to get a life in my view. Now......I'm against animal cruelty, and think anyone that abuses an animal should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law....and then some.
But trying to take away our food by using stupid ploys like this is just plain idiotic.
I'm a meat eater, and no stupid acts like that is going to make me even THINK of not eatting meat.
But you can BET they will push this moronic crap at every public school they can get into.
Abort humans, but SAVE THE PERCH!!......i mean, "sea kitties!!!"

I had a friend who's girlfriend (Annie) would constantly tell us how horrible we were for being hunters. She would go ON and ON about how she and her sisters didn't eat meat, didn't believe in killing animals for food.
Then one day, we stopped at a little drive in in Milwaukee, known for it's barbecued beef. We ordered, and went out onto their lawn to eat. I look over, and there is Annie, chowing down on a HUGE barbecued beef sandwich. Of course there was NO WAY i was just gonna let this pass without a comment. So i asked her "I thought you were against killing animals for our food? What do you think barbecued beef comes from? I thought you didn't eat meat???" You know what her answer was? "But i really LIKE this!!!" Yup.......then i told her sisters what she said about them not eatting meat because they said it was wrong. They looked at me and said "WHAT!?!? We LOVE meat!"
PETA.....People Eatting Tasty Animals

"Cheesey" wrote:

If I wanna eat meat, Ill eat meat. What we eat is not anyone elses business. You wanna fish and hunt, its your right and business.
PETA is just as much a bunch of publicity whores as Brett is.
I am a woman and I love football.