vegOmatic
15 years ago
PETA is very good at getting getting media attention. They deserve to be admired for that.

Realizing they are good at creating a sensation should prevent one from falling into their trap.

Laugh with them but their efforts are nonetheless foiled when we exercise our rights to eat meat.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

It doesn't piss me off. I'm all for wasting your money in whatever way you see fit. I actually respect these people for putting their own money where they mouth is, instead of lobbying our government to force the rest of us taxpayers to fund their ideological struggle through yet another unconstitutional military incursion into a foreign country.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

This is the thing. If people want to spend their money on whatever cause, I'm for it. I'm just sick of people like Bono who want to spend OUR tax money on his causes. And he's not even American. He got our President to waste $15 billion of OUR money on HIS cause. That's OUR money.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
zombieslayer
15 years ago

If I wanna eat meat, Ill eat meat. What we eat is not anyone elses business. You wanna fish and hunt, its your right and business.
PETA is just as much a bunch of publicity whores as Brett is.

"Packerchick" wrote:

Last time I checked, Brett hasn't taken his clothes off and painted stripes on his body, then locked himself in a cage. Nor has he thrown red paint on people wearing fur. Nor has he lobbied the Green Bay Packers to change their name (because Packers = meat packing and meat packing is evil). Nor has he lobbied Judas Priest to change their album "Hell Bent for Leather" to "Hell Bent for Pleather." Nor has he blocked traffic. Nor has he given money to terrorist organizations' lawyers who have used BOMBS against research facilities. Nor has he personally gotten in MY face and told me I'm a savage for eating meat (which is downright RACIST - I do not like being called a savage for obvious reasons).

I'm all for you being mad at Brett. That's your Right. But to put Brett and Peta in the same sentence is just plain wrong.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Packerchick
15 years ago

If I wanna eat meat, Ill eat meat. What we eat is not anyone elses business. You wanna fish and hunt, its your right and business.
PETA is just as much a bunch of publicity whores as Brett is.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Last time I checked, Brett hasn't taken his clothes off and painted stripes on his body, then locked himself in a cage. Nor has he thrown red paint on people wearing fur. Nor has he lobbied the Green Bay Packers to change their name (because Packers = meat packing and meat packing is evil). Nor has he lobbied Judas Priest to change their album "Hell Bent for Leather" to "Hell Bent for Pleather." Nor has he blocked traffic. Nor has he given money to terrorist organizations' lawyers who have used BOMBS against research facilities. Nor has he personally gotten in MY face and told me I'm a savage for eating meat (which is downright RACIST - I do not like being called a savage for obvious reasons).

I'm all for you being mad at Brett. That's your Right. But to put Brett and Peta in the same sentence is just plain wrong.

"Packerchick" wrote:

Agreement with you. You have made some very good points there. My apologies. At least Brett didnt stoop low to PETAs tactics.

Besides, I have a cat, and cats cant become sea kittens anyway because they dont like water. LOL. PETA is a nuisance.
I am a woman and I love football.
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Agreement with you. You have made some very good points there. My apologies. At least Brett didnt stoop low to PETAs tactics.

Besides, I have a cat, and cats cant become sea kittens anyway because they dont like water. LOL. PETA is a nuisance.

"Packerchick" wrote:

No problem.

I can understand you being mad at Brett. I won't go into that though and start the whole flame war back up again, but I'll just say I understand.

Pretty funny about what you said about cats. :thumbright: Geez, Peta should know that at least.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Packerchick
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

No problem.

I can understand you being mad at Brett. I won't go into that though and start the whole flame war back up again, but I'll just say I understand.

Pretty funny about what you said about cats. :thumbright: Geez, Peta should know that at least.

"Packerchick" wrote:

These fools would probably take cats and throw them into the water just to see if they can swim.
I am a woman and I love football.
vegOmatic
15 years ago

These fools would probably take cats and throw them into the water just to see if they can swim.

"Packerchick" wrote:

Sharks gotta eat too.
blank
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

Cheesey - Just to make you feel better, when the zombie plague starts, NOBODY from Peta will survive. Not one of them. They're not cut out for survival.

One bad thing about advanced civilization is it removes its citizens from reality. You saw it in Rome. The enemy was at the gates but the parties kept going on because the Romans wanted to believe the fun won't stop.

Same thing with Peta. Not one of them has a clue how the real world works.

The real world is cruel. Life for animals in nature is nasty, brutish, and short. Anyone who spent any REAL amount of time outdoors will see how tough animals have it. Rabbits are walking food for just about EVERYONE. Wolves starve to death if they're too slow to catch their prey. A female bear with children has to protect her cubbies from male bears who will KILL them so they could mate for a female bear with cubbies loses the desire to have sexual intercourse. A deer in nature is completely paranoid, for it knows that EVERYONE thinks it tastes good so its natural response to anything is take off running. They have the flight response every single day of their stupid lives. (Yes, deer are stupid. All herbivores are stupid. That includes human vegetarians. Carnivores on the other hand are intelligent because they have to be. Stupid carnivores don't live long enough to breed).

When the zombie plague starts, any Peta member will be shown the door to my compound. If they don't leave, I'd simply kick their sheltered ass, then literally throw them out. I'm sorry for being so brutally honest, but I have NO respect for someone who is so far removed from reality to be in Peta.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Zombie.....i missed this post yesterday. VERY good points!!!

PETA acts like the movie "Bambi" is a TRUE story, and the way it is in the "real" world. In the REAL world, "Mr. Owl" wouldn't be sitting there talking to "Thumper", instead, "Mr. Owl" would swoop down, grab ol' "Thumper" in his talons, and fly off and rip him to shreds to feed it's chicks.
It reminded me of one of the episodes of "3rd Rock From the Sun".
Dick hits a chipmunk with his car, and goes through all this pain for it. Takes it to the vet, pays a HUGE amount of money to save it's life. Then he takes it out to the woods to set it free.......he says a few words, opens the cage and says "Go Chippy! Go free!" You then hear the "squak" of a hawk........Dick sees that the hawk is going after "Chippy", and throws a rock........killing the endangered red tailed hawk.
Thats a perfect example of what PETA is!
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Cheesey - +1.
That's how it really is. It's nasty, brutish, and short.

I think it was National Geographic magazine, or one of those magazines I respect, but they had an animal's life expectancy in the wild. They had the maximum years an animal CAN live, then they had the average years an animal lives in the wild. It was crazy to see just how low the average years were.

I'll simplify - herbivores are food for carnivores, and the carnivores who are too stupid or too weak to compete with other carnivores die.

I'm glad for civilization to be honest. I love having running water. Love it. I've spent months in 3rd World countries without it and let me just tell you, there's NOTHING like having a toilet to crap in. People have no idea how nice that luxury is, and it really is a luxury. There's also NOTHING like a warm bath. I love warm baths. That's another luxury.

There's also nothing like being parasite free. Man, having parasites really sucks. I know from experience. Imagine having the worst stomach flu you can possibly imagine. Now, imagine that lasted a month. On top of that, you still have to go to school or work or do whatever you have to do. Parasites is just something they live with.

EDIT: grammar mistakes.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
SINCITYCHEEZE
15 years ago
The funniest bit I have seen about PETA was done by comedian Ron White.
When asked by a PETA tree hugging veggie eater what he was doing to stop global warming created by the gas from bovines.Ron replied"I'm eating the cows.""But I'm only one man." Tried to find it on you tube.But failed.The whole bid is funny as hell.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage