Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

They don't scare me.

Mike needs to hire a sports psychologist to get his team ready to play. So he knows how to get them mentally prepared.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

In other words, he needs to hire someone to do the head coach's job?

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
gotarace
9 years ago

In other words, he needs to hire someone to do the head coach's job?

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I personally wouldn't go that far but I think he needs to surround himself with better quality assistants. Lets start with the special teams coaching...every time that unit hits the field it looks like a wild west show. Mike McCarthy's unending loyalty to his assistant coaches is baffling at times. It will come back to bite him and the team in the ass sooner than later.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
DoddPower
9 years ago

Agreed. At this point, I think most feel/know it'll take something special to defeat Seattle. It's quite apparent that they're head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL now, even if they play on the road. For now, enjoy what's left, Sunday will be a festive atmosphere and a great game. I want to enjoy what I can with the rest of the season, not worry about what's not here yet.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Exactly. Enjoy what is actually here. There is no guarantee the Packers will even make it to another match-up with the Seahawks. There's also a chance that the Cowboys or Lions could knock them out before the Packers were to face them should they make it that far. Many scenarios left. Let's just worry about beating the Lions and hopefully getting a bye week.

I'm not reading too much into the Seahawks vs. Cardinals game on Sunday night, just like I'm not the Cowboys vs. Colts game. Did anyone actually think the Cardinals had a chance? Give me a break. Ryan Lindley??? Has that guy ever thrown an NFL touchdown pass? The Packers, Cowboys, or Lions would beat up on them at this point, imo.

Lots of football left. Seattle is very likely the better team overall. But the better team doesn't always win. The odds are against them winning another Super Bowl based upon repeat champion statistics. Even if the Packers do make it to a rematch, if they can't beat them, they don't deserve to be champions, anyway. May the best team win. I believe the Packers are once again an ascending team heading into next season. If they don't win the Super Bowl this season, I like their chances once again as a serious contender next season.
musccy
9 years ago

Exactly. Enjoy what is actually here. There is no guarantee the Packers will even make it to another match-up with the Seahawks. There's also a chance that the Cowboys or Lions could knock them out before the Packers were to face them should they make it that far. Many scenarios left. Let's just worry about beating the Lions and hopefully getting a bye week.

I'm not reading too much into the Seahawks vs. Cardinals game on Sunday night, just like I'm not the Cowboys vs. Colts game. Did anyone actually think the Cardinals had a chance? Give me a break. Ryan Lindley??? Has that guy ever thrown an NFL touchdown pass? The Packers, Cowboys, or Lions would beat up on them at this point, imo.

Lots of football left. Seattle is very likely the better team overall. But the better team doesn't always win. The odds are against them winning another Super Bowl based upon repeat champion statistics. Even if the Packers do make it to a rematch, if they can't beat them, they don't deserve to be champions, anyway. May the best team win. I believe the Packers are once again an ascending team heading into next season. If they don't win the Super Bowl this season, I like their chances once again as a serious contender next season.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

...in addition to all you said about "any team can win" I think it's worth noting that when you look at some of the 'Hawks recent victories, they're not as impressive as they initially appeared at least in terms of the strength of opponent. The Eagles, 49'ers, and Cardinals are pretty clearly in decline for various reasons, and all three are shadows of what they were earlier in the season.

That said, I acknowledge again that you have to have your head buried in the sand to not view Seattle as a viable threat and pretty clearly the top dog in both the NFC and NFL right now. Your point about Det and Dallas are good ones, either could be a good match up against Seattle, so why sit here counting our chickens dead before they're hatched?

bboystyle
9 years ago

The game was never once in doubt from my perspective. That's why teams play four quarters. Games aren't decided after two quarters. I can truthfully say I never thought the Packers would lose this game. Of course it could have been a better win. It almost always can be. But it was still a good win, especially with a quarterback that wasn't 100% and on the road in a place the Packers have struggled recently. Now time to rest up and prepare for next week. Packers fans are such babies sometimes. The Packers defense was basically dominant this game and did exactly what they should do against an inferior team. And the offense was decent, too.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Thats what my thread is for. The offense,for the most part, is very average on the road. The defense did good but they played against a joke of an offense. Same as Buffalo.

Yea we won,but to not be concerned that our offense has stunk it up on the road 2 weeks in a row means you wearing them green and gold glasses. We can say Buffalo has a great defense so thats why we struggled. But whats the excuse for the Bucs game? That defense is horrid and yet our offense looked very out of sync and not lethal at all.
bboystyle
9 years ago

Jordy's dropped pass... the defining moment of the 2014 season. Dallas hasn't lost on the road. That should be one heckuva game, if it happens. I thought 12-4 and one and done in playoffs heading into the season. Still, on track.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

to be fair, Dallas has played only one good team on the road (SEA). The rest are losing teams (aside from Philly who is bad anyways). Dallas has also not faced very good QB's this year. Well not one as good as Rodgers at least.

But no way in hell we are winning in SEA with this team. Lynch will run us over which will open up the passing game.
luigis
9 years ago

to be fair, Dallas has played only one good team on the road (SEA). The rest are losing teams (aside from Philly who is bad anyways). Dallas has also not faced very good QB's this year. Well not one as good as Rodgers at least.

But no way in hell we are winning in SEA with this team. Lynch will run us over which will open up the passing game.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

DAL-GB or GB-DAL is a 44-42 game or something. I don't think I can survive such a thing.

The big problem I see in the playoffs is that Seattle will host a game against Atlanta or Arizona and win 56-9 or something... then we will have to visit Seattle and they will be fresh as a rose and playing at home.

😢
Luis
Cheesey
9 years ago
Well, if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.
Hopefully Seattle will get knocked out by some lowly team before we have to face them!
Although, wouldn't it be sweet to go to their place and beat them???
UserPostedImage
luigis
9 years ago

Well, if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.
Hopefully Seattle will get knocked out by some lowly team before we have to face them!
Although, wouldn't it be sweet to go to their place and beat them???

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Do you see Atlanta or Arizona winning at Seattle? If so please pass me whatever you are smoking!

Luis
Cheesey
9 years ago

Do you see Atlanta or Arizona winning at Seattle? If so please pass me whatever you are smoking!

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Remember the Packers 2010 SB run? I think it was the Saints that got knocked off by a .500 team (was it Seattle?) when no one thought they had a chance.
It CAN happen. Especially when a team thinks it's "in the bag".
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.