nerdmann
9 years ago

I didn't think you would have the capacity to handle the response or know enough about football to know that Dallas would get crushed in Green Bay but probably beat us in Dallas. And we have no chance of beating Seattle in Seattle - it would be a repeat of game 1. Winning this week is very important.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

We can beat Seattle. We pissed that game away.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DakotaT
9 years ago

We can beat Seattle. We pissed that game away.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Not when the game is in Seattle, and they are locking that up right now. Maybe we will luck out and the Rams will do us a favor next week, but really doubtful. We really, really shit ourselves last week.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
9 years ago

yeah you can only say that after the Packers won. Game was in doubt the entire first half, not sure what game you were watching.

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

The game was never once in doubt from my perspective. That's why teams play four quarters. Games aren't decided after two quarters. I can truthfully say I never thought the Packers would lose this game. Of course it could have been a better win. It almost always can be. But it was still a good win, especially with a quarterback that wasn't 100% and on the road in a place the Packers have struggled recently. Now time to rest up and prepare for next week. Packers fans are such babies sometimes. The Packers defense was basically dominant this game and did exactly what they should do against an inferior team. And the offense was decent, too.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Not when the game is in Seattle, and they are locking that up right now. Maybe we will luck out and the Rams will do us a favor next week, but really doubtful. We really, really shit ourselves last week.

There ain't no way we win at Seattle. Saying the first game was close and we should've won? Delusional. Almost like saying Arizona should've beaten Seatlle tonight. Perhaps, Russell Wilson gets injured, or something, but outside of that ...no shot. Russ will run for 100+ on us. Rodgers will be scared out of his mind. We have no TE or legit 3rd WR to compete with their secondary. Lacy would have to run for 300 yards for us to win...I guess there's a chance that a lot of Packers fans love clinging to. A chance.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
9 years ago

There ain't no way we win at Seattle. Saying the first game was close and we should've won? Delusional. Almost like saying Arizona should've beaten Seatlle tonight. Perhaps, Russell Wilson gets injured, or something, but outside of that ...no shot. Russ will run for 100+ on us. Rodgers will be scared out of his mind. We have no TE or legit 3rd WR to compete with their secondary. Lacy would have to run for 300 yards for us to win...I guess there's a chance that a lot of Packers fans love clinging to. A chance.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Yeah, I don't see it happening either; let's just see if we can get that far. I'll be happy with beating Detroit next week, getting the second seed and then kicking Dallas' ass. Then we pray for a miracle because we are not as good a team as Seattle. Their DB's will control our receivers, they get pressure with the front four, and every defensive player hits like a Mack truck. That doesn't bode well for a finesse offense.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Yeah, I don't see it happening either; let's just see if we can get that far. I'll be happy with beating Detroit next week, getting the second seed and then kicking Dallas' ass. Then we pray for a miracle because we are not as good a team as Seattle. Their DB's will control our receivers, they get pressure with the front four, and every defensive player hits like a Mack truck. That doesn't bode well for a finesse offense.

Jordy's dropped pass... the defining moment of the 2014 season. Dallas hasn't lost on the road. That should be one heckuva game, if it happens. I thought 12-4 and one and done in playoffs heading into the season. Still, on track.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

blueleopard
9 years ago
At the beginning of the season, the Packers went in with the wrong gameplan, had their starting RT exit due to injury, and had virtually no identity on offense.

The Packers are a better team now than they were in September, and this team can beat anybody. Proof lies in the pudding with their win over New England, and it was a victory that was more than convincing. Will they win in Seattle? Nobody can gauge that, but Dallas proved they were beatable. With a depleted offensive line and no Percy Harvin, this Seattle team is very different. I do believe Russell Wilson has the intangibles to make up for the offense's lack of talent away from Beast Mode, but there's the key. The Packers simply have more playmakers than Seattle does.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
uffda udfa
9 years ago

At the beginning of the season, the Packers went in with the wrong gameplan, had their starting RT exit due to injury, and had virtually no identity on offense.

The Packers are a better team now than they were in September, and this team can beat anybody. Proof lies in the pudding with their win over New England, and it was a victory that was more than convincing. Will they win in Seattle? Nobody can gauge that, but Dallas proved they were beatable. With a depleted offensive line and no Percy Harvin, this Seattle team is very different. I do believe Russell Wilson has the intangibles to make up for the offense's lack of talent away from Beast Mode, but there's the key. The Packers simply have more playmakers than Seattle does.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

Seattle is a much better team than they were in September. It isn't just the Packers who had a chance to improve. New England barely eeked out a win at the Jets. Not exactly a road juggernaut this year...letting the Chiefs, yes, them, to score 41 on them.

Seattle has more defenders who can take away playmakers than Green Bay does. We have two legit options in the passing game...we need 3 or more to compete against their secondary. We couldn't run it at all there the first time. Why will it be different? This is the same kind of stuff that was said when getting ready to lose to the Niners again and again, and again. It's a bad matchup...realize that it is instead of going into fantasy mode talking about why it will be different. The Buffalo game and Jordy's drop has sent Packer nation into some crazy spin. Those are the world champs... walked into Arizona where they were 7-0 and left out of there with no questions to ask about who is the best in the NFC. The Packers played the Bills and Bucs in successive weeks and left all kinds of questions about their offense on the road. Do you not see that? One team is cranked up ready to defend a world championship with home field advantage and the other is sputtering. You can't wish that away no matter how much you love the Packers.

Marshawn and Russell are still there. We're going on the road and shutting them down? If you were a Seattle fan you would be ecstatic knowing Green Bay was coming to town.

UserPostedImage

musccy
9 years ago

Agreed. At this point, I think most feel/know it'll take something special to defeat Seattle. It's quite apparent that they're head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL now, even if they play on the road. For now, enjoy what's left, Sunday will be a festive atmosphere and a great game. I want to enjoy what I can with the rest of the season, not worry about what's not here yet.
nerdmann
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

They don't scare me.

What scares me is Mike and Aaron playing scared, abandoning the run and shitting themselves. I'm also concerned that this team will go into an extended lull. Mike needs to hire a sports psychologist to get his team ready to play. So he knows how to get them mentally prepared.

However this team plays down to it's opponents level, and also up to it's oppenents level. We saw that against New England this year and when we went to Houston, was that last year or the year before?

Fuck the Seattle Seahawks.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
32m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.