nerdmann
9 years ago

When the Lions head to Lambeau Field for the NFC North championship game next week, they possibly won't have veteran center Dominic Raiola. Raiola is facing discipline in the wake of his stomp on the leg of Bears defensive lineman Ego Ferguson.  That discipline could include a suspension. "I want to emphasize that our number...

Mike Florio  wrote:

This is the guy who went after one of the marching band kids at Lambeau that time.

Class act.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
9 years ago

As the article says, even if he us suspended, he has the right to appeal pushing off possible punishment and may get to play in the Packers game either way. And if he is suspended they have Travis Swanson, who was pretty good in college and has started 4 of the last 6 games anyways.

Yeah Raiola is a total jerk (putting it nice as possible), but I don't think that should be news to anyone that's followed Raiola. He's been a cheap shot artist and smack talker for years.

As far as who's missing, I'm more looking at their RT spot... they're top 2 RTs are on the IR and they're down to their 3rd sting RT to go up against Peppers (though I think that was the case last time the Packers faced the Lions as well).

Looks like it's going to be RT Cornelius Lucas, all 6'9" and 325 lbs of him... and yes he might make 6'7" and 287 lbs Peppers look smaller. But Lucas has only started in two games, both Bears games.

Though sometimes when they're really tall like that, sometimes the best thing is a shorter guy that he has trouble reaching and can use leverage to get under him and bull him back. So I might work Neal/Perry on that some.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
9 years ago
These guys scare me, as they will probably go after Rodger's calf. (No, not his baby cow).[grin1]
I'd expect Donkey Kong Suh to try something dirty. That's how they play.

UserPostedImage
gbpfan
9 years ago
Hope the guy's up front will keep him out of harms way, think they will and Arid will do his moves away from Shut I hope.

OlHoss1884
9 years ago
He's lost his appeal and is out for Sunday. That's exactly the kind of thing Caldwell was brought in to stop in Detroit. likely it will cost Detroit the division as I think they will have no running game and we will get much better pressure on Stafford up the middle.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
nerdmann
9 years ago

These guys scare me, as they will probably go after Rodger's calf. (No, not his baby cow).[grin1]
I'd expect Donkey Kong Suh to try something dirty. That's how they play.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

And we know this, so we have to assume MIKE and DOM know this.

Be ready. Bulaga needs to keep his head on a swivel. And man up. Hit these guys hard. Take a shot or two if you get one.

If these guys are focused on taking shots, they're less focused on playing football.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Be ready. Bulaga needs to keep his head on a swivel. And man up. Hit these guys hard. Take a shot or two if you get one.

If these guys are focused on taking shots, they're less focused on playing football.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Seems like most of their dirty antics come after the play is over and the ball is dead.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

Our guys just need to play our game. Worry about what they can control, not what they can't. If they let their minds get taken away from what they are supposed to be doing, than Detroit's tactics win.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
9 years ago

Our guys just need to play our game. Worry about what they can control, not what they can't. If they let their minds get taken away from what they are supposed to be doing, than Detroit's tactics win.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

That's true, but I don't want a repeat of what happened in Buffalo where our guys shit themselves because the other team was being rough with them.
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

That's true, but I don't want a repeat of what happened in Buffalo where our guys shit themselves because the other team was being rough with them.

Didn't seen anybody poop themselves because of the other team being rough. Simply saw a team that didn't perform.

The best way for the team to POOP themselves because of physical play by the other team is to be worried and concentrate on it, rather than on themselves.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (5h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (8h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (10h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (11h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (22h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.