Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Oops, just noticed you edited a post.

EDIT: BTW, do you have a LINK to ANYTHING I've posted about PFF that is inaccurate? You make me smile...you think I made "blank" up? Nope. I asked you last night who these guys were...you were a subscriber and DID NOT KNOW. That's pretty amazing to me...you waste your own money on something and don't even care to know who you're giving it to? I didn't care to know about PFF's people because they don't mean anything to me. Last night after your nice chart trying to validate the wonders of Corey Linsley I decided to look for myself...took me just a few minutes of research to realize their 2013 grade on EDS is higher than Linsley's current grade and the main grader over there is a guy who studied ecology in the United Kingdom. I not for your subscription and you were starting at this fresh and you knew their site was run by some UK guys WHO DO NOT KNOW FOOTBALL nor have ANY BACKGROUND IN IT, you would conclude like me that these amateurs are highly questionable. You like to tout who uses them...Jimmy Haslam used a HOMELESS MAN in picking Manziel. Your sad deification of things like PFF are no surprise considering how you pedestalize other things you hear. I've been involved in this stuff...did it for years. It's like the Wizard of Oz...it's all a show...not really all that impressive. Look at Mike Florio... a lawyer who got involved with Jason Peery, whom I met and tried to help forge a partnership with at an old network of mine, is now on SNF every single week. It ain't some mystical thing where they're so much better than you, you just believe that and that is your choice. I don't believe it nor do I hail them or think what they're doing is some great accomplishment.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Sorry, where did I say I didn't know anything about the analysts? Please quote me and bring that to my attention. Prior to subscribing, I noticed many high profile (ESPN, SI, FOX Sports) and local media who trust them and after researching a bit on my own figured the reward was worth the risk.

It appears you seek any means to discredit them, even if it means twisting quotes from over three years ago out of context to do so and ignoring 7 years of experience in the process. I don't know how you can watch and analyze over 1,700 NFL games and not know anything about the game. That accusation is just mind boggling to me.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
9 years ago
You are right, I had no idea the guy was from the UK or had an ecology major, nor do I find it the smoking gun you seem to, and I still fail to see the relevance to the topic at hand.

What if you started up a similar service? Well, this is entirely theoretical, so its not really worth much brain power to ponder. Why don't you put your money where you mouth is and actually start the service? You seem dead set on the idea that you could do it as well as anyone else, so why don't you actually do it? I can claim to be able to perform any task as well as any other individual that is known for that task, but talking is one thing and doing is something entirely different.

So, what do you have, the ability to talk, or the ability to do? Without actually proving to me that you can rate players (not one or two but the entire league) just as accurately as PFF, your argument rings hollow.
blank
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Oops, just noticed you edited a post.

Sorry, where did I say I didn't know anything about the analysts? Please quote me and bring that to my attention. Prior to subscribing, I noticed many high profile (ESPN, SI, FOX Sports) and local media who trust them and after researching a bit on my own figured the reward was worth the risk.

It appears you seek any means to discredit them, even if it means twisting quotes from over three years ago out of context to do so and ignoring 7 years of experience in the process. I don't know how you can watch and analyze over 1,700 NFL games and not know anything about the game. That accusation is just mind boggling to me.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Your silence was deafening last night. YOU DID NOT KNOW...what you did know is exactly what you posted last night that they are used by ESPN, FOX, etc... that does NOT mean you knew about the analysts because you didn't. You ASSUMED they were legit guys because you saw them quoted on sources you trust. However, you never thought to look at whether ESPN, FOX, etc. were making good decisions in trusting them. Sadly, I had to tell you about the analysts you pay to read and believe. Those are facts.

It would be nice of instead of false bravado you could just calmly and politely admit you had no idea who was putting out the ratings you were paying for. Nope. Have to go around and around and try intimating you did know when you know and I know that you didn't. it's okay...I didn't know either but then again I wasn't paying them nor do I hold them in high regard.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
9 years ago

You are right, I had no idea the guy was from the UK or had an ecology major, nor do I find it the smoking gun you seem to, and I still fail to see the relevance to the topic at hand.

What if you started up a similar service? Well, this is entirely theoretical, so its not really worth much brain power to ponder. Why don't you put your money where you mouth is and actually start the service? You seem dead set on the idea that you could do it as well as anyone else, so why don't you actually do it? I can claim to be able to perform any task as well as any other individual that is known for that task, but talking is one thing and doing is something entirely different.

So, what do you have, the ability to talk, or the ability to do? Without actually proving to me that you can rate players (not one or two but the entire league) just as accurately as PFF, your argument rings hollow.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

and it rings hollow that PFF has any credibility to do so. You can't change that just because you wish it to be so.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

earthquake
9 years ago
Right, you don't trust PFF, this much at least is painfully clear.

Now, when does your website launch?
blank
mi_keys
9 years ago
From Zero's second post:

Regarding their merits, well, ask ESPN, Sports Illustrated, FOX Sports and the dozen of other large outlets that trust their ratings enough to publish the same information in their articles. That's not to say they are the gold standard of ratings and agents should use them to negotiate contracts, lol.

Zero2Cool wrote:

From Zero's fifth post:

If there were some concrete way to evaluating players, don't you think it would be used? There is no 100% accurate measurement. The inclusion of the ProFootballFocus ratings was not, nor was it implied to be the God rating system. It is simply another perspective. Why that can't be understood is really irritating.

Zero2Cool wrote:

From Zero's sixth post:

And no, I am not saying we should 100% trust each rating of every player by ProFootballFocus. I'm simply saying it's a good tool to compare Player A to Player B.

Zero2Cool wrote:

From Zero's ninth post:

I never expected you to change your mind and go OMGoodness PFF is the goodest ever!!! Hell, I don't even think that myself ... I was just trying to shed some light that you could maybe consider the source as part of an evaluation. Unfortunately, you've decided in your arrogant way that only your eye balls accurately grade players. I respect that, even though I think your'e freaking asinine for it, lol.

Zero2Cool wrote:

You now are forced to backtrack and just refer to PFF as a tool to look at as if you're out there comparing various tools to figure out who is performing how. Stop. Just stop. PFF is what it is... you can continue to prop it up for argument sake. That is your call. I know about the site now from doing my own research...research, quite frankly, you should've done BEFORE ever dropping a nickel on their stuff.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This is that insufferably annoying thing I was talking about where you just fling words around hoping they stick. Anyhow, if I have lead you to believe that ProFootballFocus should be your ONE and ONLY source for player evaluation, my apologies as I was only trying to open you to yet another source of player evaluation.

lol force to backtrack ... that was cute

uffda udfa wrote:

Cute indeed.

Zero, so you know you're not going crazy, there's at least four separate instances in which you previously referred to it as a source, not the be all end all final say in player evaluations.

Uffda: all sizzle, no steak.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Your silence was deafening last night. YOU DID NOT KNOW...what you did know is exactly what you posted last night that they are used by ESPN, FOX, etc... that does NOT mean you knew about the analysts because you didn't. You ASSUMED they were legit guys because you saw them quoted on sources you trust. However, you never thought to look at whether ESPN, FOX, etc. were making good decisions in trusting them. Sadly, I had to tell you about the analysts you pay to read and believe. Those are facts.

It would be nice of instead of false bravado you could just calmly and politely admit you had no idea who was putting out the ratings you were paying for. Nope. Have to go around and around and try intimating you did know when you know and I know that you didn't. it's okay...I didn't know either but then again I wasn't paying them nor do I hold them in high regard.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I made the mistake of assuming you would trust ESPN and the like more than the research I did, my fault. Yes, you are right that I was not aware that Ben got some Ecology degree over 7 years ago and quite honestly, I am failing to see how that erases the last 7 seasons of over 1,700 games that he has reviewed and analyzed.

I also knew the more said, the more you would twist it and turn it against me because that is what folks like you do who want to argue for the mere sake of arguing, even when they are likely to be wrong. Please note, I do not think you are wrong for not trusting ProFootballFocus. I understand with what you took out of context how you can discredit them. I just see that as one con vs what I feel are several pro in their favor.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Just SMH, mi_keys... I laughed at one of your quotes about agents not using it to negotiate contracts then to see later Zero comes back and posts that IT IS USED BY AGENTS to negotiate contracts. You did a very poor job above but that's expected when you set out with an extreme bias and agenda. I had no such agenda when I set out to ascertain info on PFF. I said before I started that I wouldn't be surprised to find that the ratings are from people like the type you'd find on football boards like this... it was actually WORSE....it's guys over in the UK studying ecology.

Not a single thing above or anywhere in this thread invalidates the fact that an ecology major from the UK is the main cog over there. He has zero credentials to be an analyst but it's been ceded to him due to "time on the job".

Uffda...teaching you things you didn't know and then turning around and acting like you knew them or old Uff didn't teach you in the first place. That's steak my friend.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

From Zero's second post:

From Zero's fifth post:

From Zero's sixth post:

From Zero's ninth post:

Cute indeed.

Zero, so you know you're not going crazy, there's at least four separate instances in which you previously referred to it as a source, not the be all end all final say in player evaluations.

Uffda: all sizzle, no steak.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it. Although, I think considering how much time I've wasted with this, I just might be crazy lol
UserPostedImage
earthquake
9 years ago
Hey, did you guys know one guy from PFF was born in the UK and studied ecology?
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (7h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (23h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (23h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (23h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.