DarkaneRules
9 years ago

We were a contender until we lost at Buffalo and ceded home field to Seattle. Our home crowd gave us the possibility of beating Seattle. Heck, Kansas City did it a few weeks ago. If KC had gone to Seattle they would've been blown out. Lambeau was our only hope vs. Seattle as we know we're about half as good on offense away from the tundra.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You may very well be right, but I would say a defeatist attitude isn't very appealing to me personally, so I'll remain hopeful.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
musccy
9 years ago

If KC had gone to Seattle they would've been blown out. Lambeau was our only hope vs. Seattle as we know we're about half as good on offense away from the tundra.

KC would have been blown out just like Dallas and Denver were?
uffda udfa
9 years ago

KC would have been blown out just like Dallas and Denver were?

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Dallas and Denver were earlier in the season when they were really struggling.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Dallas and Denver were earlier in the season when they were really struggling.

This doesn't apply to when the Packers play the Seahawks?
UserPostedImage
macbob
9 years ago

If the 2nd seed has no shot of beating the 1 seed in their yard they aren't contenders by my definition but perhaps yours?

We need a St. Louis Rams Christmas Miracle. Go for the sweep St. Louie!

Sorry, it's not a definition difference between contender and pretender, but it's a difference between the definition of 'no shot of beating'.

Packers and Seattle are close, with Seattle having an edge on D and Green Bay having an edge on O. By the simplest measure, points scored:

Green Bay's offense has scored 456 pts, Seattle's offense has scored 374, a difference of 82 pts.

Green Bay's D has given up 328 pts, Seattle's D 248, a difference of 80 pts.

So, the teams are close with Seattle having an edge on D.

Would we be the favorites to beat Seattle at Seattle? No. Would that mean we have 'no shot of beating' Seattle at Seattle? No.

And in any event, you'll need to get used to disappointment. The #2 seed in the playoffs would not be the indictment/firing of Ted and Mike that you're wanting.

Of course, we STILL have to get past Detroit on Sunday...
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Sorry, it's not a definition difference between contender and pretender, but it's a difference between the definition of 'no shot of beating'.

Packers and Seattle are close, with Seattle having an edge on D and Green Bay having an edge on O. By the simplest measure, points scored:

Green Bay's offense has scored 456 pts, Seattle's offense has scored 374, a difference of 82 pts.

Green Bay's D has given up 328 pts, Seattle's D 248, a difference of 80 pts.

So, the teams are close with Seattle having an edge on D.

Would we be the favorites to beat Seattle at Seattle? No. Would that mean we have 'no shot of beating' Seattle at Seattle? No.

And in any event, you'll need to get used to disappointment. The #2 seed in the playoffs would not be the indictment/firing of Ted and Mike that you're wanting.

Of course, we STILL have to get past Detroit on Sunday...

Originally Posted by: macbob 

This is the typical disconnect between me and you and your ilk. You post these stats and then don't even begin to consider what has been previously discussed. You will take this IRRELEVANT data and try to force it to fit with what I've said.

Go back and post the ROAD stats for the Packers and the HOME stats for the Seahawks as this is where this game would take place. Make the stats fit with the situation. Please. I'd love for you to answer why you chose to make this post? Were you unaware of where this game would be played, or did it not come out so well when looking at the stats that you should be looking at?

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

macbob
9 years ago

This is the typical disconnect between me and you and your ilk. You post these stats and then don't even begin to consider what has been previously discussed. You will take this IRRELEVANT data and try to force it to fit with what I've said.

Go back and post the ROAD stats for the Packers and the HOME stats for the Seahawks as this is where this game would take place. Make the stats fit with the situation. Please. I'd love for you to answer why you chose to make this post? Were you unaware of where this game would be played, or did it not come out so well when looking at the stats that you should be looking at?

Any stat that does not support what uffda says = meaningless stat.

Read MY post. I explicitly said that we would not be considered the favorite at Seattle.

Does not being the favorite = no chance? NO.

OK, here's some meaningless stats comparing Seattle at home and Green Bay on the road (source = ESPN home/away splits. It's difficult finding home/away splits...sigh...):

Offense Passing:
GB Home: 295 yds/game; 23 TDs
GB Away: 245 yds/game: 13 TDs

Sea Home: 173 yds/game: 6 TDs
Sea Away: 226 yds/game; 14 TDs

So, we've thrown for 50 yds less and 10 TDs less per game on the road, but Seattle has thrown for 53 yds less and 8 TDs less per game AT HOME.

At Lambeau, we'd have had a 69 yd/game (295-226) & 9 TD (23-14) advantage; on the road we'd have a 72 yd/game (245-173) & 7 TD (13-6) advantage.

I'd say for passing home vs away was a wash.

Offense Rushing:
GB Home: 130 yds/game; 7 TDs
GB Away: 107 yds/game; 6 TDs

Sea Home: 170 yds/game; 12 TDs
Sea Away: 179 yds/game; 7 TDs

Rushing, at Lambeau Seattle would have a 40 yds/game (170-130) advantage, with a tie on rushing TDs (7-7). At Seattle, Seattle has a 63 yd/game (170-107) & 6 TD (12-6) advantage.

So, there's a definite difference in Seattle rushing at home vs away.

Both Defenses are playing about equally at home vs away. They don't break down the yardage, but GB has 20 sacks home/19 sacks on the road; 9 INTs at home/9 INTs on the road. Seattle has 17 sacks home/16 sacks on the road; 6 INTs at home/5 INTs on the road.

So, based on GB's away stats and Seattle's home stats, I still can't see a 'no shot of beating' Seattle at home.

This is the typical disconnect between me and you and your ilk.

uffda wrote:

Frankly, as far as being a Packers fan, I'd much rather be 'me and my ilk' vs you, uffda. I've enjoyed the season believing we have a good team, rather than believing...

The Packers are not very good.

uffda wrote:

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
I hate stats.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

First, Merry Christmas, Buck. Wouldn't be Christmas without your laughing emoticons.

No....not what I'm saying at all. There is one contender. I think people who know football would tell you there's Seattle...and then there's everybody else.

So why play the rest of the season?

You and all of the."knowledgeable" people who really know football have already crowned Seattle champions.

Hell there is really NO reason for your to continue to discuss this subject.

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
macbob
9 years ago
NFC North Division Champs
12-4 Record
#2 Seed in the playoffs
Bye week during Wildcard Weekend
Home game during Division Championship weekend

C-O-N-T-E-N-D-E-R-S

And the much praised (by some 'Packers fans') Seattle Seahawks? With the #1 seed and home field through the playoffs on the line Seattle struggled with the 6-10 Rams at home, in Seattle.

The Seahawks are beatable, even at home.
UserPostedImage