luigis
9 years ago
I don't understand why the suspension benefits a random team and not the affected team.
Being division rivals I would fine Suh and suspend him for his next game against Green Bay, if that never happens then forfeited.
The idea is that Suh tried to injure Rodgers, we get nothing and Dallas gets a Detroit team without a starter. That doesn't make any sense to me.
Luis
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago
[TWITTER]549695696224653312/photo/1[/TWITTER]
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago
Ndamukong Suh has a chance of winning appeal of suspension 

In other words, to win an appeal Suh wouldn’t have to defend all his prior personal fouls. He would just have to convince Cottrell that he wasn’t intentionally stepping on Rodgers. Or even if Suh can’t convince Cottrell that he did nothing wrong at all, Suh might convince Cottrell that what he did doesn’t warrant a suspension. When Cottrell overturned Reed’s suspension, he upheld a fine for Reed and said that Reed did deserve some punishment for his late hits. Cottrell just thought the punishment of a suspension was too severe. A fine of any more than $22,000 would actually hurt Suh financially more than a suspension, because players on wild card teams are only paid $22,000 for the first playoff game.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago
Ndamukong Suh of Detroit Lions wins appeal, will play in playoff game vs Dallas Cowboys 

Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh had his one-game suspension overturned by appeals officer Ted Cottrell on Tuesday, a day after the NFL suspended Suh for Sunday's playoff game between the Lions and Dallas Cowboys.

Instead, Cottrell ruled Suh will have to pay a $70,000 fine.

Makes the wild card games more interesting. I wouldn't mind Detroit upsetting Dallas, then going to Seattle and getting into a slugfest with the Seahawks while GB picks off the Carolina/Arizona winner.
UserPostedImage
sschind
9 years ago

Although I ultimately agree that Suh likely was intentional and there may be some smoke to the Heyward fire, I can't help but feel we/the Packers are bordering on sounding whiney. I get the Lions are ass holes, I get the Suh play was cheap...but this is also football. I may get lambasted and regret posting this, though.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

The acid test is what would Packers fans be saying if the shoe were on the other foot (no pun intended) My guess is at least 75% of the people would be saying accident.

Intentional or not get over it. We are sounding like a bunch of whiners.

Cheesey
9 years ago
True....the only thing that really bothers me is, Suh now knows that the NFL has no teeth. For all their yelling about protecting players, when it comes down to it, they buckle under.
So Suh can do whatever he wants, and there will be no serious consequences.
70 grand is pocket change to a creep like him.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
9 years ago

The acid test is what would Packers fans be saying if the shoe were on the other foot (no pun intended) My guess is at least 75% of the people would be saying accident.

Intentional or not get over it. We are sounding like a bunch of whiners.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

no not really. I have seen dozens of fans from most other teams say the same thing. It is not whining if everyone but Lions fans (for the most part) feel the same way.

As far as if it was a Packer (say CM3 for instance) who was the one stepping back with one foot or two feet isn't the real issue. it is his long history of poor behavior. It could happen to anyone. Everyone is doubtful of it when Suh does it.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
9 years ago
Here is one example: 

Former NFL safety Ed Reed and current Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh have something in common; each has had a suspension imposed by the league and overturned by hearing officer Ted Cottrell.

But Reed and Suh have one major difference. Reed thinks Suh should have been suspended multiple games for stepping on the leg of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

“When you have stuff like this in the game, that shouldn’t be tolerated,” Reed said on the newest edition of Inside the NFL, which debuts tonight.

Ed Reed wrote:

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

Makes the wild card games more interesting. I wouldn't mind Detroit upsetting Dallas, then going to Seattle and getting into a slugfest with the Seahawks while GB picks off the Carolina/Arizona winner.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

That is the funny thing. The Suh suspension actually hurts us more that it helps us which is ironic considering the infraction happened to us. Give me Car/Ari any day of the week over Dallas.
9 years ago

That is the funny thing. The Suh suspension actually hurts us more that it helps us which is ironic considering the infraction happened to us. Give me Car/Ari any day of the week over Dallas.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

He's officially reinstated

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451968/article/ndamukong-suhs-suspension-reduced-to-70k-fine 

As other have said, his suspension doesn't help us in the playoffs. However If I was Dallas I'd be watching Romo and Murray with their known injuries. Son of a B might just accidentally step on Murray's broken hand.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.