Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I like to street park on Borvan or Morris Av. below Holmgren Way. Either that or parking lots in that area.

Come in and leave the area via WI 32 to US 41.

Stop light at Morris and Cormier. I use acess rd between the two to get ahead of traffic on WI32.

get into left lane as fast as you can. Most traffic heading to WI 172 and backups the R lane.

watch for security back ups. many times the lines to the far right of a gate are shorter so slid over. some cops eaasier on searches and thus quicker

Afghan Vet son says keep feet warm/dry. bring 2nd pair of socks.

have you lookeda the packer site for rules to what you can bring in?
http://www.packers.com/gameday/gameday-information.html#s9 
http://www.packers.com/gameday/index.html 

wpr wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Actually, I said Green Bay has overvalued one of it's own, again, as they often do... and that led to fans doing the exact same thing.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

From my response, it was obvious I took this quote below as you saying us fans.

Where is Corey Linsley's probowl berth? Heard about it for weeks how he was a probowl C. Another case of us overvaluing our own?

uffda udfa wrote:

Your timing of "clearing this up" is very self-convenient.

I'm not sure how you aren't following the logical flow of what I've said. It is pretty easy to grasp that if they thought EDS was a 14.6 player in 2013 and he was nothing more than just a guy, then seeing Linsley at 11.0 is nothing to get fired up about.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I took the time to explain another side to it and even laid them out for you and you're going to insult me with this kind of a response? What a waste of time.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

From my response, it was obvious I took this quote below as you saying us fans.

Your timing of "clearing this up" is very self-convenient.

I took the time to explain another side to it and even laid them out for you and you're going to insult me with this kind of a response? What a waste of time.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm sorry if you felt insulted... didn't intend to make you feel that way. What happens is posters here answer back things that have nothing to do with what I'm even posting about. My point is air tight on PFF. Anything tangential to it really doesn't matter one bit.

Plus, I still don't know who these guys are at PFF. Are they just fans who like football like you and me or are they something more? Does a fan watching every play make them understand what makes a great center over and above you and I? What is their method of grading? There are a lot of moving parts in every single football play. If the person watching the tape doesn't fully understand what's supposed to be happening their grades are nothing more than cute things to talk about. I tend to think they're just a bunch of guys who love football and have some arbitrary grading system based on a lot of things they don't fully understand. I conclude that based on their high grade on EDS from last season. I guess to them he was really something. To us Packers fans, we didn't see it that way, nor did the organization.

EDIT: The charge of convenience is an odd charge. I didn't mean this board and am not sure why you thought I did? The PACKERS are famous for overvaluing their own. It's a Ted Thompson thing.

Here's a Rodgers quote from back in early to mid November on Linsley:

"Corey has played as solid as anybody," Rodgers said Tuesday on his weekly ESPN Milwaukee radio show. "I think at some point there needs to be a little bit of campaigning about him for Pro Bowl. He's played that good. He doesn't have the name recognition yet. A lot of times, you get voted in the year after you deserve to and maybe a year longer than you deserve to, as they say."

I heard all this buzz from the Packers on Linsley and the Pro Bowl. I wondered where he was...obviously, the Packers felt Linsley was a pro bowl type player. He didn't make it. I concluded that, perhaps, we overvalued one of our own...again. All of a sudden I get told how dumb I am because the great and powerful PFF has graded him highly, just like they did with EDS, and I'm supposed to bow to that? I built a logical case to dismiss PFF as authoritative on Center play and I got a post in return that was about everything but that with accusations that I conveniently manipulated what I meant which couldn't be more off base.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

earthquake
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Honestly, I'm surprised you would expect anything else from this guy. He has a clear narrative to push (TT sucks at everything including drafting players), and in some twisted way Corey Linsley, a 4th round pick starting at center (and doing a pretty good job of it) not making the pro bowl is some sort of feather in his cap of confirmation bias.

What seems more likely, that professionals who run a respected website dedicated to grading football players has no idea what they are talking about, or that some random fan on an internet forum doesn't know what they are talking about? Uff, unless you can provide a more respected and reliable source for offensive lineman grades your blatant attempt to discredit anything that doesn't fit your narrow world view is nothing more than exactly that.
blank
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Honestly, I'm surprised you would expect anything else from this guy. He has a clear narrative to push (TT sucks at everything including drafting players), and in some twisted way Corey Linsley, a 4th round pick starting at center (and doing a pretty good job of it) not making the pro bowl is some sort of feather in his cap of confirmation bias.

What seems more likely, that professionals who run a respected website dedicated to grading football players has no idea what they are talking about, or that some random fan on an internet forum doesn't know what they are talking about? Uff, unless you can provide a more respected and reliable source for offensive lineman grades your blatant attempt to discredit anything that doesn't fit your narrow world view is nothing more than exactly that.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

First, Linsley was a 5th round pick. You are making the tie in to something to try and build your own narrative that I'm trying to build one of my own. I'm not. I just wondered about us overhyping one of our own as we usually do.

PFF is run by professionals? Are you sure? I worked in sports broadcasting for many years. So, you think PFF is a reliable source on OL play? Why? Is it because you don't know and don't have anywhere else to to turn so you've abdicated trying to determine for yourself and just let PFF do it for you because you know they know more than you which then you conclude makes them authoritative? I hope you see how ridiculous that is.

EDIT: Here's a link to the history of PFF...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/history/ 

I found their answer very underwhelming to this FAQ...

3) How do you know exactly what a player’s job is on any given play and whether negatives were his fault?

This question obviously changes depending on the position and the specific play. Much of our methodology can be found in our explanation of our grading, but we will go into a quick summary:

• Pass Protection

This is a measure of how much total pressure a player gives away during a game. It isn’t a simple formula like -1.5 for a sack, -1 for a hit, as time taken to get the pressure is also very important. This is then normalized by adding a small positive factor for every drop-back he played. It is usually simple enough to determine what a player’s assignment is in pass protection, as we have the benefit of being able to watch one player closely and specifically multiple times. It is possible that a blocker is directed by the quarterback to take a specific man, resulting in a pass rusher that appears to be his responsibility getting a pressure and us grading that blocker down. This is an inherent inaccuracy in the grading, but despite this potential inaccuracy we have had NFL sources, including Bengals OG Evan Mathis, confirm that our grades are accurate, and reflect closely what they receive as internal feedback. There may be an inherent margin of error in what we do, but it is still more accurate than anything outside of a team meeting room.

• Run Blocking

Again, it is rare not to be able to determine where a run was supposed to go, and what a blocker’s assignment was on a particular play. Players don’t make the kind of mental lapses often that would see them going to a totally different place than where they should have been. If they did they wouldn’t be in the league long. If a player attempts a block on somebody, whether they win the encounter or lose it, it was almost certainly their assignment on the play. This is obviously not easy to pick up live and in real time, but again we have the benefit of being able to go back retrospectively and watch multiple replays of a play developing to get the information.

• Coverage

Assignments in coverage can be a more difficult matter, specifically in the middle of the field when applied to LBs and safeties. Because when a TE, HB or WR finds a seam, the determination of whose responsibility that is becomes trickier. Some other analysts have decided to apportion the yardage out amongst the players involved, but frankly we don’t believe this is worth the effort. In addition, if it’s a touchdown, do you award half a TD? Because of the inherent issues with the statistics mentioned above we just go for the simple approach and take the closest player when the ball is thrown, understanding inaccuracy is built in.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Bigbyfan
9 years ago
I'm going to my first ever game to Lambeau next week. I thought it would be a good idea to check this post for advice/info (which I did, thanks). However, I see that this thread got turned into an argument about a rookie center. Gotta love the trolls lol.
blank
7 years ago
So, question for those who have been before. Do the Packers have pep rallies at home like they do away games, like on Saturday night? Heading to Green Bay for my first time this weekend and wanna make the absolute most of it! Staying in Oshkosh. Doing the tour and everything on Saturday. But was just wondering if there was going to be a pep rally or party Saturday night? Or if there are other cool things to do on a Saturday night before a game let me know please! Thank you for any suggestions/advice! Go Pack Go!!

Also. If anyone knows. Planning on doing the stadium tour hall of fame on saturday. Do I need to buy tickets ahead of time or can we get them Saturday morning?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

So, question for those who have been before. Do the Packers have pep rallies at home like they do away games, like on Saturday night? Heading to Green Bay for my first time this weekend and wanna make the absolute most of it! Staying in Oshkosh. Doing the tour and everything on Saturday. But was just wondering if there was going to be a pep rally or party Saturday night? Or if there are other cool things to do on a Saturday night before a game let me know please! Thank you for any suggestions/advice! Go Pack Go!!

Also. If anyone knows. Planning on doing the stadium tour hall of fame on saturday. Do I need to buy tickets ahead of time or can we get them Saturday morning?

Originally Posted by: MissouriPackFan 

Ii have never seen a pep rally. Some people hang out at the bars like Stadium View or Anduzzi"s.

You can get you tickets as you head into the Hall. Stadium tour depends on the number of people there. Sometimes you buy then and don't have to wait long for the next tour. Other times you may have to wait for a few groups to go before yours. If you are there fairly early you will be one of the first. If there is a bit of a wait that's when you kill time by going through the Hall. If your stadium tour comes up you can get back into the Hall later.
UserPostedImage
Blitz
5 years ago
2017 - Week 3, Visiting from Bavaria Germany. Wife´s first NFL game/ @ Lambeau vs. Bengals. Hottest temperature in recorded Lambeau history.
In walking from parking, met up with St. Vince, into the nearest bar for a cold one with him. Onto the new building in parking lot area for food & more drink/live music. Wife is starting to understand how many of us Packer fans there are. On to Bro's friend who has connections to a house party about a block away, more drinx.
Enter NFL Mecca, very nice with what they've done to the place. Find our seats, fortunately in the shade. Crowd is pumped up for an easy win against Bengals.
1st half - uninspired play, behind in points, nervous. Halftime show- All the Old School greats come out on the field. I was standing ovation for GBP names I have not heard in 40 years!
2nd half - Still behind, Boo birds coming out, much grumbling. Then towards end of 4th quarter momentum shifts to Packers. Goes to Overtime...Bengals win the toss, recieve...I keep telling my wife, " If they can just stop them here..." and they do!
Green Bay get the ball, march downfield, & "GERONIMO!" takes it to field goal range FTW!
I could not have written a better scenario. After show around Lambeau was also very cool.

*Sidenote- New Stadium rule- Woman's purses must be "transparent" (Ask someone local)

"... There.. is.. your.. dagger..!! "
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
I was sweating my butt off at that game. Pity we didn't get together with Zero and some others.
UserPostedImage