Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thanks to all of you for the uplifting (and funny) comments.
I don't like to complain......I'd MUCH rather laugh!
But i feel like i've been run over by a truck. My heart is acting up bad, and it's frustrating. Just going up the stairs now, and i have a tightness in my chest and my irregular heartbeat acts up bad. I used to walk alot, to try to keep my diabetes down, and my asthma under control. But with this heart crap, i can't do anything. At least till i see whats going on with the big test.
Both my parents, my brother, and several uncles died from heart problems. So history isn't exactly on my side.
I'm still here though.........although the groundhogs have been asking me for a forwarding address.
I'll stop bitching now........I know no one really wants to hear it anyways.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
15 years ago
Cheesey,

Last week I saw a homeless feller pushing his whole life, bags of his life, piled up and falling off the cart, in a stolen shopping cart, through the snow, in a part of North America that it rarely snows.

I am sure he did not have a wife to go home to. I am positive no bar would allow him to enter to watch his favorite NFL Team.

I am also damn sure he never had an Internet to complain about his life on.

Look.... R.P. Loves Cheesey. Next time I am in Wisconsin I would love to take you to Champions for dinner... You and The Wife.

However... It is time to start "Giving Thanks" and stop venting.

10 of the most important two letter words in the English language..

IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME

Read this...

http://www.rickhansen.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=46 

Find Your Passion Cheesey. You could spend you time at home making calls donating your time to raising money for diabetes research. Trust me they will pay your phone bill.

In life we got what we got, we can do what we do, or we can keep on doing what we have been doing, and keep on getting what we have been getting.

Call me an ass hole, but that is my humble opinion.

Tough Love.

To: Cheesey.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
MontanaBob
15 years ago
Hang in there Cheesey. The bad weather will pass....it's been in the 40's out here and you're getting it in a few days. Cars and repairs are the pits, which is why most Montanan's drive around in old heaps that look like left over junk from Hiroshima. Duct tape works wonders; add a flashlight for night driving, and you've got a Montana Cadillac.

Keep you chin up, 'cause if you let it hang, you're down there with the Vikings and Lions. Man... I'd rather eat lima beans than be a Vikings or Lions fan.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
Cheesy,

So sorry to hear about your bad day my friend!! Like my Dad says "as we get older it dont get any better". But I always try to look at the bright side, at least I am breathing, I have my loved ones around me and no matter what I will never give up. Things happen in life good and bad, but every situation we go through I believe only makes us stronger. At least today they do have medications to help.

I know you have been through so much in your lifetime Cheesy, but you still remain positive and can always laugh, this is a great gift that you have. I am thankful that you are my friend, your wise words have got me through some pretty difficult times, your a great friend hang in there. If you want to talk you know where to find me. 🙂
Heathiee
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago

Cheesey,

Last week I saw a homeless feller pushing his whole life, bags of his life, piled up and falling off the cart, in a stolen shopping cart, through the snow, in a part of North America that it rarely snows.

I am sure he did not have a wife to go home to. I am positive no bar would allow him to enter to watch his favorite NFL Team.

I am also damn sure he never had an Internet to complain about his life on.

Look.... R.P. Loves Cheesey. Next time I am in Wisconsin I would love to take you to Champions for dinner... You and The Wife.

However... It is time to start "Giving Thanks" and stop venting.

10 of the most important two letter words in the English language..

IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME

Read this...

http://www.rickhansen.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=46 

Find Your Passion Cheesey. You could spend you time at home making calls donating your time to raising money for diabetes research. Trust me they will pay your phone bill.

In life we got what we got, we can do what we do, or we can keep on doing what we have been doing, and keep on getting what we have been getting.

Call me an ass hole, but that is my humble opinion.

Tough Love.

To: Cheesey.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

LIke i said........i KNOW there are LOTS of people that have it worse then me. Just because there are times i feel overwhelmed doesn't mean i don't count my blessings or appreciate what i DO have.
Like i said.......i had to get my car fixed......did you note i said i was thankful i had the money to get it fixed?
And my health problems.......i am thankful i can still walk, can still see, can still hear and talk. That hasn't changed. But to walk around with a "fake" feeling of "everything is just great" is not me. To me, thats a lie. It's EASY to think everything is great when it really IS great.

But i also believe that God gives us people to help us through the tough times. How many times in the Bible do we see people "venting?" Does that mean they are just having a "pity party?" Or is it that they are just having a difficult time AT that time, and are looking for someone to talk too?

If i know any time i come to people i consider my friends, and all they will do is chastise me for complaining, i will stop telling them my true feelings and keep them bottled up inside.

I know you are a "motivational speaker". Thats how you make your money. I have listened to many motivational speakers. Some of what they say is VERY useful, some is alot of fluff. You are dealt a certain hand of cards in life. SOME you can control, some you can't. You can do the best you can with what you have, but you can't do everything just because you have a positive attutude. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try your best, because you should. But reality is, that you have to try the best with what you have. And not every day will be a "bed of roses".

A motivational speaker will tell a paraplegic to be thankful he has the use of his arms. A motivational speaker will tell a blind man to be thankful he can hear, a deaf man to be thankful he can see, a quadraplegic to be thankful he's still alive.
Thats their "job".
And even though these statements can be considered "true", sometimes a person needs more then just that. Sometimes a person needs someone to give them a heartfelt hug........or a word said in kindness........or just a shoulder to cry on for a few moments. Does that mean they are weak? Or does that mean they are "human", and not perfect. That they face REALITY, not just "pretend" that everything is hunky dorry, or face ridicule for not "toughing it out?"

I KNOW i'm far from perfect. I have weaknesses. I also have my strong points. But i'm not perfect at everything.

The homeless guy you saw pushing the cart........did you ask HIM if he has done all he could do to get out of that situation? Is HE trying his best? Maybe thats the lifestyle he WANTS. Maybe he doesn't WANT to try. Sometimes people are in worse situations because they just don't care. Maybe they are selfish and only want their next "high", and don't care WHO they hurt. Maybe a person's own actions PUT them in the bad circumstances they are in.
I have things wrong with me that i didn't cause. It just happened.....even though when i was diagnosed i had a GREAT attitude, worked hard, did my best, and was constantly called in the office and THANKED for being the ONLY one in my department that had a positive attitude, and that my actions, through work and talk positively affected my entire department.

Did that prevent me from getting sick? Nope. But i learned to play the hand i was dealt at that time. I had about 2 months where i was sad, and asking WHY now, WHY was this happening to me? Yet i have been able to help others going through similar things because I went through them myself. It's easy to tell someone what to do when you have never had to go through it yourself. But when you can actually KNOW how it feels, you can give realistic ideas to help them.
I could write a book on what i have gone through in my life. What i wrote here so far is a very small snippet. Have others gone through worse? You bet! I wasn't abused as a child, so i have no idea what THAT is like. But other things? Yes......there are lots of things i can identify with, cause i have BEEN there.
Now i am getting more to add to my "book".
Some, i won't share with everyone.
I might just be seen as a "whiner".
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
15 years ago
You are right as Rain Cheesey.

I am so sorry.

Trust me on this. I did not mean to put you down in any way.

Everyone Loves Cheesey.

We all just have different ways of expressing it.

BIG OLE HUG.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago

You are right as Rain Cheesey.

I am so sorry.

Trust me on this. I did not mean to put you down in any way.

Everyone Loves Cheesey.

We all just have different ways of expressing it.

BIG OLE HUG.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

THATS what i needed!!! :thumbleft:
Love you too RP!
I think you KNOW that already!
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
15 years ago
That was a very good dissertation Cheesey and should give everyone food for thought.
Cripes it would have taken me 2 weeks to type that.

Hope you are feeling better.
Follow Illys advice, she could make anyone feel better.
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago

That was a very good dissertation Cheesey and should give everyone food for thought.

"yooperfan" wrote:

LOL!
Thanks Yoop!!!
I like to surprise everyone once in awhile, just to prove to them i CAN do something besides make jokes!
(But i DO like making jokes!!!)
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

LOL!
Thanks Yoop!!!
I like to surprise everyone once in awhile, just to prove to them i CAN do something besides make jokes!
(But i DO like making jokes!!!)

"yooperfan" wrote:

And you do a good job of it.
I know you make me laugh.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.