RaiderPride
9 years ago
Reading the horror and life altering carnage some Packer fans have endured the last three days is interesting, indeed.

It is very much like listening to the bitching and complaining at a Microsoft shareholder meeting.

Packer Championship chickens have already hatched.

Meanwhile.. Millions of other team's football fans have been counting their chickens before they hatched year in and year out. However, none were born. Not one single chick.

Be Thankful.

Teams with no Super Bowl appearances

Four current teams have never reached the Super Bowl. Two of them held NFL league championships prior to Super Bowl I in the 1966 NFL season:
Detroit Lions, NFL champions four times in 1935, 1952, 1953, and 1957; appeared in one other NFL Championship Game in 1954; and appeared in one NFC Championship Game in 1991[65]
Cleveland Browns, NFL champions four times in 1950, 1954, 1955, and 1964; appeared in six other NFL championship games in 1951, 1952, 1953, 1957, 1968, and 1969; and appeared in three AFC Championship Games in 1986, 1987, and 1989[66] (The Browns are officially viewed as one continuous franchise that began in 1946 as a member of the All-America Football Conference, joined the NFL in 1950, suspended operations from 1996–1998, and resumed play in 1999.[67] The Baltimore Ravens were an expansion team created in 1996 with former Browns players.)[68]
Jacksonville Jaguars, 1995 expansion team; appeared in two AFC Championship Games in 1996 and 1999[69]
Houston Texans, 2002 expansion team; two Divisional Round appearances in 2011 and 2012.

In addition, Detroit, Houston and Jacksonville have hosted Super Bowls; this means Cleveland is the only current NFL city that has neither hosted, nor had their team play in, a Super Bowl.

Teams with Super Bowl appearances but no victories

Nine teams have appeared in the Super Bowl without ever winning. In descending order of number of appearances, they are:
Buffalo Bills (4), appeared in Super Bowls XXV, XXVI, XXVII, and XXVIII. Their second and last AFL championship was in 1965, the season prior to the first Super Bowl.
Minnesota Vikings (4), appeared in Super Bowls IV, VIII, IX, and XI. They were NFL champions in 1969, the last year before the AFL-NFL merger.
Cincinnati Bengals (2), appeared in Super Bowls XVI and XXIII. An AFL expansion team in 1968, they have no pre-Super Bowl league championships.
Philadelphia Eagles (2), appeared in Super Bowls XV and XXXIX. Their last championship was in 1960.
Arizona Cardinals (1), appeared in Super Bowl XLIII. Their last championship was in 1947 as the Chicago Cardinals.
Atlanta Falcons (1), appeared in Super Bowl XXXIII. An expansion team in 1966, they have no pre-Super Bowl league championships.
Carolina Panthers (1), appeared in Super Bowl XXXVIII. A post-merger expansion team, their first season was in 1995.
San Diego Chargers (1), appeared in Super Bowl XXIX. Their only AFL championship was in 1963.
Tennessee Titans (1), appeared in Super Bowl XXXIV. Their second and last AFL championship was in 1961 as the Houston Oilers.

Teams with long Super Bowl droughts

The following eight teams have appeared in the Super Bowl, but not since 1995, meaning their droughts are longer than Jacksonville's and Houston's.

Two of these teams have not appeared in the Super Bowl since the AFL–NFL merger in 1970:[70]
New York Jets (most recently appeared in Super Bowl III in 1968)
Kansas City Chiefs (Super Bowl IV in 1969)

The most recent Super Bowl appearance for the following teams was after the AFL–NFL merger, but prior to the 1995 regular season:
Minnesota Vikings (Super Bowl XI in 1976)
Miami Dolphins (Super Bowl XIX in 1984)
Cincinnati Bengals (Super Bowl XXIII in 1988)
Washington Redskins (Super Bowl XXVI in 1991)
Buffalo Bills (Super Bowl XXVIII in 1993)
San Diego Chargers (Super Bowl XXIX in 1994)

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
blueleopard
9 years ago
So we should feel better based on other people's lack of success?

Who gives a fuck about them. They ain't Titletown, USA.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
I've been saying something like this for a couple of decades - WINNING FOOTBALL! There's 32 teams in the league now, so it stands to reason Super Bowls aren't gonna come around quite as often. WINNING FOOTBALL all season virtually every season, THAT'S what it's all about - the Super Bowl is just the frosting on the cake - and if you don't always get your cake frosted, oh well ....... MANY don't even have the cake. Some of us remember that disgusting time frame between Lombardi and Holmgren - what was it? a quarter century of crap?

Add to that Badger football which has been almost as consistently winning, and we are really BLESSED!
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
9 years ago

So we should feel better based on other people's lack of success?

Who gives a fuck about them. They ain't Titletown, USA.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

Fuck those other teams.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rockmolder
9 years ago
I get your drift and, after that first few days, I don't feel as bad as I did when we just lost.... But all that you said in your post, is also the biggest reason you can't squander away an opportunity like we had.

SBs don't come around very often for most teams. Let alone winning the SB.

The Raiders played in a Super Bowl just a little more than 10 years ago, and see where your other team is right now.

That's not to say that we're going to take a big nosedive. At least, I can't image we are. Point is, though, that when you pretty much get a Super Bowl ticket handed to you in the first 55 minutes of a game and squander it away in the last five, it's nothing more than normal that it stings quite a bit and some venting is needed.
Cheesey
9 years ago
Yesterday on the radio they posed the question "which collapse do you feel was worse, the Packers in the NFC title game, or last years Milwaukee Brewers?"
I think that question was easy for me to answer.
I don't expect much from the Brewers, as they have never won a world championship.
I expect more from the Packers, as they are supposed to be "Titletown".
Teams that haven't been to a super bowl, you arn't as disappointed or surprised if they fold.
And to play such a solid game, and then completely self destruct, for me at least, is more dissapoint ing then if they had been outplayed.
They really handed a trip to the super bowl to the Seahawks.
That is what hurts the most. They might never get that far again in my lifetime.
A wasted opportunity at a shot at a 14th world title.
Life goes on, though.

UserPostedImage
dhazer
9 years ago
i told everyone at work that I am thinking of becoming a Steeler fan because they are never hyped to win the Super Bowl so when they lose in the playoffs its expected. I am so tired of hearing how great this team will be and then have a major letdown in the playoffs. I will say this i am on the wagon of choking by Rodgers. I mean seriously we have a thread about Manning choking so what is the difference between him and Rodgers.

I almost stooped down to say I would become a Browns fans but they are so messed up as a team they can't even win the #1 draft pick lol.

We will be hyped to win it again next year and we will once again lose in the playoffs and claim we were the better team but are going to be sitting at home watching the dance.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
9 years ago

I almost stooped down to say I would become a Browns fans but they are so messed up as a team they can't even win the #1 draft pick lol.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Well stated.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.