MintBaconDrivel
9 years ago

Green Bay — If you've heard it once, you've heard it 1,000 times.

You know, if the Green Bay Packers aren't careful, they'll win only one Super Bowl with a franchise quarterback like Aaron Rodgers just like they won just one with Brett Favre.

Favre's 16-year run as the starter is ancient history now. Football's statute of limitations has expired on that era.

Seven years in as the starter, Rodgers is at the very peak of his powers.

Not sure about you, but I'm sick of the blame game for Green Bay's overtime defeat a week ago in Seattle.

Rodgers opened his first playoff start with probably the worst decision he made that entire 2009 season, the interception back inside that set up a quick touchdown for Arizona. After a woeful first quarter, he was all-world leading seven straight scoring drives, matching Kurt Warner strike for strike.

On the first play of overtime, Jennings was 50 yards downfield 3 or 4 yards behind safety Antrel Rolle, who was playing on a bad wheel. Instead of becoming the game-winning 80-yard touchdown, the pass from Rodgers was badly overthrown.

Two plays later, Rodgers blew a read, didn't see a slot blitz, fumbled and Karlos Dansby ran it in. Ball game.

The Packers were trying to repeat as Super Bowl champions in January 2012 when Rodgers turned in one of the two poorest outings of his MVP season against the Giants at Lambeau Field.

He threw incomplete on 20 of 46 passes (six were dropped), didn't have a completion longer than 21 yards and turned the ball over twice.

The next January at Candlestick Park, Rodgers lacked the patience to beat the 49ers' conservative two-shell defense and threw a bad interception.

Last year, in his second game back from a broken collarbone, Rodgers was indecisive in the first half at Lambeau Field against another two-shell look coordinated by San Francisco's Vic Fangio. He could find nothing available downfield and was at least partially responsible for three of his four sacks.

Out in Seattle, Rodgers was afforded some of the finest protection any quarterback has enjoyed in a long time against a defense justifiably regarded as one of the best in any era.

Read More ... 

Bob McGinn  wrote:

nerdmann
9 years ago
I was calling for Aaron to test Sherman deep, so I'm not gonna talk shit about that.

Aaron did shit himself, but mainly in week 1. And don't kid yourself, that game was HUGE.

Aaron and Mike both played/coached scared in this game. They need to get over their fears of losing and get in the fucking zone. Another reason for Mike to consult with a sports psychologist.

This game was pissed away on:

1: Emotion. They were too tight early and too lacksadaisickal at the end. Late in the 4th Q, they all KNEW what was happening and were powerless to prevent it. Can't ever happen again, but I can almost guarantee it will.

2: Special Teams. Just a joke all season. And for the past decade. Mike even hired an extra coach to do Slocum's job FOR him, but it didn't help. The Seahawks staff studied the film, saw BJones continuously cheating inside on FG defense and exploited it. That's even aside from the obvious fake FG that was going to happen there. Get it taken care of Mike, or GTFO.

3: Defense. Give Dom credit. He knows how to tank the first half of the season, so that when he pulls his guys up to the level of mediocrity for the rest of the year, he actually looks good. And the D really did play well enough to win. Until we needed them to get to the SB. Then they squatted down and took a steaming shit all over us.

OVERALL: People try to blame the "players, not plays." As if all the coaches were doing is sitting in the press box calling plays. If this team consisted of shitty to mediocre players and the coaches got the max out of them, but they just weren't good enough, I'd be happy. Or at least I'd be scrutinizing the GM.

But that's not how it is. This team is stacked with talent. They even managed to say relatively healthy this year. But the whole of the team is less than the sum of it's parts. The talent is there, it's just not being utilized or put in a position to succeed.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

I was calling for Aaron to test Sherman deep, so I'm not gonna talk shit about that.

Aaron did shit himself, but mainly in week 1. And don't kid yourself, that game was HUGE.

Aaron and Mike both played/coached scared in this game. They need to get over their fears of losing and get in the fucking zone. Another reason for Mike to consult with a sports psychologist.

This game was pissed away on:

1: Emotion. They were too tight early and too lacksadaisickal at the end. Late in the 4th Q, they all KNEW what was happening and were powerless to prevent it. Can't ever happen again, but I can almost guarantee it will.

2: Special Teams. Just a joke all season. And for the past decade. Mike even hired an extra coach to do Slocum's job FOR him, but it didn't help. The Seahawks staff studied the film, saw BJones continuously cheating inside on FG defense and exploited it. That's even aside from the obvious fake FG that was going to happen there. Get it taken care of Mike, or GTFO.

3: Defense. Give Dom credit. He knows how to tank the first half of the season, so that when he pulls his guys up to the level of mediocrity for the rest of the year, he actually looks good. And the D really did play well enough to win. Until we needed them to get to the SB. Then they squatted down and took a steaming shit all over us.

OVERALL: People try to blame the "players, not plays." As if all the coaches were doing is sitting in the press box calling plays. If this team consisted of shitty to mediocre players and the coaches got the max out of them, but they just weren't good enough, I'd be happy. Or at least I'd be scrutinizing the GM.

But that's not how it is. This team is stacked with talent. They even managed to say relatively healthy this year. But the whole of the team is less than the sum of it's parts. The talent is there, it's just not being utilized or put in a position to succeed.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Time to cut ties with Rodgers, cant wib tbe big one!
Time to clean house!
Rather the team go 6-10 every year and have no shot.
That way bitching about them would be warranted.

CLEAN HOUSE NOW!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
9 years ago

Time to clean house!

CLEAN HOUSE NOW!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

If that 6-10 record was commensurate with their talent, I'd be fine with it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

If that 6-10 record was commensurate with their talent, I'd be fine with it.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

[rockon] 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Now that is funny!

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Time to clean house!

CLEAN HOUSE NOW!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I'm not really sure why you went off the deep end with this "clean house" reaction. I don't think anyone is saying Aaron Rodgers needs to be cut or replaced. Rather, I think the facts are being laid out and that when facing very good defenses, he seems to stumble more times than not. That after all is why they are called good defenses.

Much like the Packers of the '90s and early 2000's, the Packers will only go as far as their quarterback plays well.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

I'm not really sure why you went off the deep end with this "clean house" reaction. I don't think anyone is saying Aaron Rodgers needs to be cut or replaced. Rather, I think the facts are being laid out and that when facing very good defenses, he seems to stumble more times than not. That after all is why they are called good defenses.

Much like the Packers of the '90s and early 2000's, the Packers will only go as far as their quarterback plays well.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

"If Mike And Aaron want championships, then they should step up and win one when handed to them on a silver platter.

Or else just STFU and go home"

Some one is saying it.

At least that is what I read into this statement.

Was in another thread, but still pertains to this subject.

Cheesey
9 years ago
I don't put this one so much on Rodgers as I do on the defense and special teams (and coaches calling the plays).
When the D needed to make a stop, they failed miserably. If course only rushing 3 and giving Wilson all day to find someone open sure didn't help. All game they pressured the heck out of him and caused him to miss throws. Then crunch time comes and they throw out what was working, and blow the game.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

I don't put this one so much on Rodgers as I do on the defense and special teams (and coaches calling the plays).
When the D needed to make a stop, they failed miserably. If course only rushing 3 and giving Wilson all day to find someone open sure didn't help. All game they pressured the heck out of him and caused him to miss throws. Then crunch time comes and they throw out what was working, and blow the game.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

The exact same thing could be said about the offense. Burnett got an INT and gave the ball back to the best QB in the game and an offensive guru. They didn't need to score a TD or even a FG. They needed ONE first down after the defense did their job and got a stop. What did the offense do? run run run punt.

Though all I blame on Rodgers there is not taking one of the TO and try to talk McCarthy into at least trying for a first down.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
That defense took the ball back via interception both times Aaron Rodgers threw one. That defense also came up with two more interceptions. That Special Teams created another offensive opportunity when Brad Jones caused a fumble.

The offense had numerous times with short field and couldn't muster more than field goals.
Drive 1: 80 yards -- 9 plays -- interception
Drive 2: 19 yards to go 5 plays -- Field Goal after failing on the one yard line to punch it in.
Drive 3: 23 yards to go -- 6 plays -- Field Goal after failing on the one yard line to punch it in.
Drive 4: 56 yards to go -- 7 plays -- TOUCHDOWN!
Drive 5: 33 yards to go -- 6 plays -- Field goal
Drive 6: 56 yards to go -- 3 plays -- interception

That's five drives with less than 60 yards to go for a touchdown and they only got one touchdown out of it.

I'm sorry, but like Troy and others were saying in the chat, you need to cash in on those opportunities. Yes, the Seahawks are the #1 ranked scoring defense, but the Packers were the #1 ranked scoring offense. You need to be at least 50% when in the red zone and the Packers offense failed to do that.

At the time, I was fine with the field goals because it seemed the Packers were just dominating them and the touchdowns were a matter of when, not if. Others were saying "Should be 28 - 0" and they were right.

Redzone Efficiency.
Packers went 1 of 3 for TD
Seahawks went 2 of 3 for TD

Another thing folks in the chat were saying was McCarthy should go for it on 4th down and 1. I was on the fence on this. Points are good, touchdowns are gooder. Again, folks in chat were right. Even if you don't get it, their offense is at the 1 yard line.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.