Cheesey
9 years ago
That's the problem. I don't know how much input Rodgers has on plays. If he is ordered to hand off and not throw, then I blame the coach. Your best weapon is Rodgers, and you don't let him win the game for you, shame on MM!

Rodgers was hurting and gave his all on the field. He wasn't his normal self, and o bet the injury has a lot to do with it.
That's another reason I cut him a little more slack.
Had he been I bet we would have built up a lead that would have sealed the win.
His not being able to run and having to stay pretty much in the pocket took him out of what he does best. Making big plays by eluding the D and making throws on the run.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
9 years ago

I don't put this one so much on Rodgers as I do on the defense and special teams (and coaches calling the plays).
When the D needed to make a stop, they failed miserably. If course only rushing 3 and giving Wilson all day to find someone open sure didn't help. All game they pressured the heck out of him and caused him to miss throws. Then crunch time comes and they throw out what was working, and blow the game.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I don't get how the defense gets blame in this one, apart from Ha-ha not stopping that 2 point conversion. They handed the offense this game on a silver platter to the tune of 5 turnovers. Special teams gave up 7 (arguably 14 due to the onsides recovery). Offense didn't deliver in the red zone, and special teams shat themselves. This easily could have been a 21 point blowout, and giving up 14-21 points to a super bowl team (even if Wilson had a terrible first half) is nothing to scoff at.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
I'm not sure how you can fault the defense that created four turn overs and special teams (Brad Jones) created one turn over. The offense failed to punch it in twice at the 1 yard line.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago

I'm not sure how you can fault the defense that created four turn overs and special teams (Brad Jones) created one turn over. The offense failed to punch it in twice at the 1 yard line.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Because that was one of the most legendary 4th quarter defensive collapses in NFL playoff history. The defense doesn't deserve even the majority of the blame but they shouldn't get a pass for that absolute embarrassment of a finish. This wasn't a game where it was a single entities fault that they lost it was a game where everyone was at fault all 3 phases played their part.
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago
I understand that Seattle changed its defense after they pulled into the lead, but what blows my mind is how easy we moved the ball on them to get into field goal position and then just went absolutely cold.

One would think that when they loaded up the box to stop the run we could have thrown a few easy first downs to seal the win. I don't blame Rodgers. He was good enough to get the job done, but we just didn't play to the urgency of the situation.

Lacy is a great runner. He is not a great runner when the team knows it is going to be a run. There should have been some fake runs with screens or slants to switch things to burn the clock at the end. High percentage pass plays to keep the clock running and to gain some positive yards and to keep their defense guessing.

We still should have called a TO before the onside kick once we saw their formation.

1 week later and I am still :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :crybaby:
porky88
9 years ago
Rodgers has played Seattle three times since Pete Carroll took over.

His stat lines are...

223 yards, 0 TD, 0 INTs
189 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
178 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

More interceptions that touchdowns and an average of less than 200 yards per game. I think it has more to do with how great Seattle is than Rodgers' inability to win in the postseason.
Cheesey
9 years ago
True, it's a combo of both, im sure.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

His stat lines are...

223 yards, 0 TD, 0 INTs
189 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
178 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

More interceptions that touchdowns and an average of less than 200 yards per game. I think it has more to do with how great Seattle is than Rodgers' inability to win in the postseason.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

It's a combo of playing scared and playing injured.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

His stat lines are...

223 yards, 0 TD, 0 INTs
189 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
178 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

Originally Posted by: porky88 

In other words, the more the Seahawks get to know Rodgers, the more they nullify his game. :blackeye:
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

In other words, the more the Seahawks get to know Rodgers, the more they nullify his game. :blackeye:

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Or is it that Rodgers has less weapons.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.