porky88
9 years ago

Ask the 2010 Falcons.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The 2010 Falcons didn't collapse. They were blown out of the building by a far superior team.

The Oilers collapsed. They came back the next season and made the playoffs. They were actually Super Bowl favorites in 1993. Joe Montana beat them in a pretty good divisional game. I believe it was another collapse from Houston, though. They ended up rebuilding afterward because Warren Moon was pushing 40. Rodgers is in the prime of his career, so I don't think the Packers are going to go full blown Houston Oilers for at least another eight or nine years.
nerdmann
9 years ago

The 2010 Falcons didn't collapse. They were blown out of the building by a far superior team.

The Oilers collapsed. They came back the next season and made the playoffs. They were actually Super Bowl favorites in 1993. Joe Montana beat them in a pretty good divisional game. I believe it was another collapse from Houston, though. They ended up rebuilding afterward because Warren Moon was pushing 40. Rodgers is in the prime of his career, so I don't think the Packers are going to go full blown Houston Oilers for at least another eight or nine years.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Aaron's got another 4-5 years.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
9 years ago
I see a repeat of the late 90's and early 2000's, with favre still in his prime we did alot of playoffs but lost right away. Get ready folks it has started with the years of playoff losses.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

I see a repeat of the late 90's and early 2000's, with favre still in his prime we did alot of playoffs but lost right away. Get ready folks it has started with the years of playoff losses.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

And not making the playoffs year after year is better?

Sucks that The Packers gave that one away.

Now all of a sudden they wont have another chance?

Gonna be a loooooooooooooooong off season.

(HAPPY BIRTHDAY)
:cheers:
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Cheesey
9 years ago
Well...making the playoffs still beats the heck out of the 1970s and 80s, when we were thrilled just to get ONE win.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
What happened against the Seahawks is the Packers literally didn't play the full 60 minutes. They had double digit lead with something like ~4 minutes to go and they started (figuratively) telling family members how many Super Bowl tickets they could get and before they knew it, they had to march down the field just to hope for a FG to tie the game for over time.

The Packers let themselves sit on autopilot and it came back and bit their asses off.

They will make the playoffs next year and I wouldn't be surprised to see them steamroll the piss out of the competition after opening the season very slow at 3 - 3.

Aaron Rodgers said post game "When I go back and think about it, I think at times we just weren't playing as aggressive as we usually are." and you damn well know Rodgers was just doing as coach told him to. Rodgers is very smart and very respected when it comes to procuring the game plan.

This cruise control Packers where they count their chickens before they hatch, will not happen again under Mike McCarthy.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
9 years ago
I hope you are right, Kevin.
You would think by now, that they would have learned that lesson.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
9 years ago

What happened against the Seahawks is the Packers literally didn't play the full 60 minutes. They had double digit lead with something like ~4 minutes to go and they started (figuratively) telling family members how many Super Bowl tickets they could get and before they knew it, they had to march down the field just to hope for a FG to tie the game for over time.

The Packers let themselves sit on autopilot and it came back and bit their asses off.

They will make the playoffs next year and I wouldn't be surprised to see them steamroll the piss out of the competition after opening the season very slow at 3 - 3.

Aaron Rodgers said post game "When I go back and think about it, I think at times we just weren't playing as aggressive as we usually are." and you damn well know Rodgers was just doing as coach told him to. Rodgers is very smart and very respected when it comes to procuring the game plan.

This cruise control Packers where they count their chickens before they hatch, will not happen again under Mike McCarthy.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I agree with your take.
I would hope to see some changes to help facilitate that long overdue change in thinking.
1. I would like to see McCarthy turn full time play calling over to his offensive coordinator and McCarthy become a game managing head coach. I think the play calling duties too often takes his head out of the game as a whole.
2. I would like to see his coaching staff "shaken" up. I'm looking at Slocum and Campen particularly. I believe Capers will retire.

OlHoss1884
9 years ago
It's not an apples to apples comparison. The 92 Oilers had a whole bunch of dysfunctional problems long before the playoffs. They were a team on the verge of falling apart internally before the collapse happened, and it was by sheer talent that they were in the playoffs at all.

The 2014 Packers were much more of a team, were much more in synch with their coaches and none of our coaches tried to deck each other during a game.

I see this much more like the 84 Bears who got embarrassed in the championship game against SF but KNEW they weren't going to fall in 85.

No one in the NFC scares me going into next year and I know we were a few close what-ifs from a Super Bowl having to play on the road against big bad Seattle. I say this strengthens the teams resolve, it doesn't put the dagger in a collapsing team the way the Oilers loss in 92 did.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (30m) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (7h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
31m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.