porky88
9 years ago

Ask the 2010 Falcons.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The 2010 Falcons didn't collapse. They were blown out of the building by a far superior team.

The Oilers collapsed. They came back the next season and made the playoffs. They were actually Super Bowl favorites in 1993. Joe Montana beat them in a pretty good divisional game. I believe it was another collapse from Houston, though. They ended up rebuilding afterward because Warren Moon was pushing 40. Rodgers is in the prime of his career, so I don't think the Packers are going to go full blown Houston Oilers for at least another eight or nine years.
nerdmann
9 years ago

The 2010 Falcons didn't collapse. They were blown out of the building by a far superior team.

The Oilers collapsed. They came back the next season and made the playoffs. They were actually Super Bowl favorites in 1993. Joe Montana beat them in a pretty good divisional game. I believe it was another collapse from Houston, though. They ended up rebuilding afterward because Warren Moon was pushing 40. Rodgers is in the prime of his career, so I don't think the Packers are going to go full blown Houston Oilers for at least another eight or nine years.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Aaron's got another 4-5 years.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
9 years ago
I see a repeat of the late 90's and early 2000's, with favre still in his prime we did alot of playoffs but lost right away. Get ready folks it has started with the years of playoff losses.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

I see a repeat of the late 90's and early 2000's, with favre still in his prime we did alot of playoffs but lost right away. Get ready folks it has started with the years of playoff losses.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

And not making the playoffs year after year is better?

Sucks that The Packers gave that one away.

Now all of a sudden they wont have another chance?

Gonna be a loooooooooooooooong off season.

(HAPPY BIRTHDAY)
:cheers:
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Cheesey
9 years ago
Well...making the playoffs still beats the heck out of the 1970s and 80s, when we were thrilled just to get ONE win.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
What happened against the Seahawks is the Packers literally didn't play the full 60 minutes. They had double digit lead with something like ~4 minutes to go and they started (figuratively) telling family members how many Super Bowl tickets they could get and before they knew it, they had to march down the field just to hope for a FG to tie the game for over time.

The Packers let themselves sit on autopilot and it came back and bit their asses off.

They will make the playoffs next year and I wouldn't be surprised to see them steamroll the piss out of the competition after opening the season very slow at 3 - 3.

Aaron Rodgers said post game "When I go back and think about it, I think at times we just weren't playing as aggressive as we usually are." and you damn well know Rodgers was just doing as coach told him to. Rodgers is very smart and very respected when it comes to procuring the game plan.

This cruise control Packers where they count their chickens before they hatch, will not happen again under Mike McCarthy.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
9 years ago
I hope you are right, Kevin.
You would think by now, that they would have learned that lesson.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
9 years ago

What happened against the Seahawks is the Packers literally didn't play the full 60 minutes. They had double digit lead with something like ~4 minutes to go and they started (figuratively) telling family members how many Super Bowl tickets they could get and before they knew it, they had to march down the field just to hope for a FG to tie the game for over time.

The Packers let themselves sit on autopilot and it came back and bit their asses off.

They will make the playoffs next year and I wouldn't be surprised to see them steamroll the piss out of the competition after opening the season very slow at 3 - 3.

Aaron Rodgers said post game "When I go back and think about it, I think at times we just weren't playing as aggressive as we usually are." and you damn well know Rodgers was just doing as coach told him to. Rodgers is very smart and very respected when it comes to procuring the game plan.

This cruise control Packers where they count their chickens before they hatch, will not happen again under Mike McCarthy.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I agree with your take.
I would hope to see some changes to help facilitate that long overdue change in thinking.
1. I would like to see McCarthy turn full time play calling over to his offensive coordinator and McCarthy become a game managing head coach. I think the play calling duties too often takes his head out of the game as a whole.
2. I would like to see his coaching staff "shaken" up. I'm looking at Slocum and Campen particularly. I believe Capers will retire.

OlHoss1884
9 years ago
It's not an apples to apples comparison. The 92 Oilers had a whole bunch of dysfunctional problems long before the playoffs. They were a team on the verge of falling apart internally before the collapse happened, and it was by sheer talent that they were in the playoffs at all.

The 2014 Packers were much more of a team, were much more in synch with their coaches and none of our coaches tried to deck each other during a game.

I see this much more like the 84 Bears who got embarrassed in the championship game against SF but KNEW they weren't going to fall in 85.

No one in the NFC scares me going into next year and I know we were a few close what-ifs from a Super Bowl having to play on the road against big bad Seattle. I say this strengthens the teams resolve, it doesn't put the dagger in a collapsing team the way the Oilers loss in 92 did.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
54m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.