nerdmann
9 years ago

Because of the level of talent on the team, we win the games they should win. It is the games where we are more evenly matched that he has problems. That is the difference between a good coach and a great coach. If McCarthy did better in those games, he might be great.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Agreed, we win because of talent.

If we had mediocre talent and got the most out of it, I'd bitch about Ted. But that ain't the problem.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
QCHuskerFan
9 years ago
So instead of Mike McCarthy being overly involved in the Offense, he should have been micromanaging the defensive substitution pattern and playing Dr?

I believe that it is not important for Mike McCarthy to know why CM is not on the field. If CM was hurt, he was hurt and there is nothing Mike McCarthy can do about it. If CM was exhausted and needing a breather, again, there is nothing Mike McCarthy can do about it. It's not like CM is a Junior High player that needs encouragement from the coach. If CM felt he could have been an asset to the D, he would have been on the field. Mike McCarthy getting involved in it doesn't change anything.

But if you think it's important for Mike McCarthy to be involved in injuries and defensive substitution patterns during the game instead of strategy and playcalling, have at it. I'd rather he focus on winning. Which if just one player had made a play in the last 4 minutes, we would have. And then the last 2 weeks of blame wouldn't have been necessary.
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

So instead of Mike McCarthy being overly involved in the Offense, he should have been micromanaging the defensive substitution pattern and playing Dr?

I believe that it is not important for Mike McCarthy to know why CM is not on the field. If CM was hurt, he was hurt and there is nothing Mike McCarthy can do about it. If CM was exhausted and needing a breather, again, there is nothing Mike McCarthy can do about it. It's not like CM is a Junior High player that needs encouragement from the coach. If CM felt he could have been an asset to the D, he would have been on the field. Mike McCarthy getting involved in it doesn't change anything.

But if you think it's important for Mike McCarthy to be involved in injuries and defensive substitution patterns during the game instead of strategy and playcalling, have at it. I'd rather he focus on winning. Which if just one player had made a play in the last 4 minutes, we would have. And then the last 2 weeks of blame wouldn't have been necessary.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

Yes as the HC, it is that important to know that your star player is not on the field more than a few play to take a breath especially in a close game as time is counting down. In a game that close, if my star defensive player is not able to play, he may not need to know the exact details but he better damn well know he is out and either able to return or not. Which he stated he didn't know.

Game is on the line if he is tired, use the timeouts to help give him time to rest. If he can't come back, adjust the game plan to not rely on a defensive stop. Maybe try and get a first down on offense.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
9 years ago
I don't believe for a second that Mike McCarthy didn't know.
But if CM3 DID have a concussion, do you think McCarthy would admit that now?
CM3 returned to the game, and Mike McCarthy would be setting himself up for a big fine if he let him go back in after a concussion.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

Game is on the line if he is tired, use the timeouts to help give him time to rest. If he can't come back, adjust the game plan to not rely on a defensive stop. Maybe try and get a first down on offense.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

This is it in a nutshell. Just another failure in my opinion. Mike is terrible with time management. Why he didn't call a timeout before the onside kick, but did with 18 seconds left before the final field goal still has me shaking my head.
QCHuskerFan
9 years ago

This is it in a nutshell. Just another failure in my opinion. Mike is terrible with time management. Why he didn't call a timeout before the onside kick, but did with 18 seconds left before the final field goal still has me shaking my head.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

So calling a timeout is all that it would have taken for Bostick to do what he was coached to do? After being coached for 5 months as a member of the Onside Kick receiving team, 1 timeout would have been the difference? All of a sudden he would have seen the light and done what he was told?

If Bostick catching the ball or HaHa defending the pass were a 9 on a scale of impact to losing the game, Mike McCarthy not knowing about CM being on the field is a 1. Players lost the game. Mike McCarthy did what a HC needs to do to win the game. Players failed to perform up to Championship caliber.

For those criticizing the 3 run plays, remember Mike McCarthy called a short pass on 3rd down on a previous series. Players failed to execute and the clock stopped due to incompletion.

Cheesy may also have hit the nail on the head. If Mike McCarthy didn't 'know', he can't be punished by the league.
bboystyle
9 years ago

Mike Smith?

HE out coached Mike every time!.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

i wouldnt consider having a 1-5 record against a coach/team as someone who out coached the other. Including a loss with not having Rodgers playing. Matter fact,its quite the opposite.
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

So calling a timeout is all that it would have taken for Bostick to do what he was coached to do? After being coached for 5 months as a member of the Onside Kick receiving team, 1 timeout would have been the difference? All of a sudden he would have seen the light and done what he was told?

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

I can guarantee you that Carroll or Bellicheck would have called a TO. We had 2 to spare. Why wouldn't you look at what there planned formation was and have those prepared that were receiving it. We did not seem prepared. Like the fake FG. If Slocum wasn't doing his job, Mike should make sure he steps in.

dfosterf
9 years ago
Can't think of anything in the way of commentary that would be nice, so I'm just going to post a Blueberry pancake recipe.

Ingredients:
1 1/ 4 all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed

1) Large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
2) Small bowl mix egg, and milk. Combine both steps then Add fresh Blueberries

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.