Cheesey
9 years ago
True dat. Sooner or later the well will run dry. The Packers have been good (and lucky) in getting good WR's. But if their plan backfires, and all we have left is Jordy Nelson, then what do you do? Or if Nelson gets hurt? What kind of WR unit will you have then?
Sooner or later, if you keep letting your good guys walk, you will end up with a bunch of average at best receivers.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
I'd rather be in this position than a shitty team needing to patch up a bunch of holes. I will savor this type of off-season over the alternative.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
porky88
9 years ago

Mike Wallace is at the top of that heap and there isn't a person that thinks that contract was good the day it was signed.. the rest.. Greg Jennings money. Hence why I think the Packers are gambling a bit here.. let him find that contract in a year when Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant and Torrey Smith may also be on the market. Guessing that the pecking order has Cobb in the company of these three. I expect each of those three to sit in that Greg Jennings type area in terms of a contract. Will three or four get monster deals?

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Bryant and Thomas are getting the franchise tag, so Cobb will be the top free agent receiver available. He is significantly better than Torrey Smith is. This is risky. The Packers are playing a game. To their credit, they usually play it well. They tend to re-sign their own. Look what happened with Sam Shields last year.

DakotaT
9 years ago
I don't know why you guys worry about the WR position? None of our guys are worth $10M a year, but our QB is worth about $40M.

Build the defense and running game, and use that cap space on some difference making defensive talent. You put a top 5 defense on the field, and I guarantee we have some super bowl trophys in the near future.

I'd actually take a run at Suh and solidify the run defense and enhance the pass rush. Yeah, he is that good.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
9 years ago
hmmm I want cobb back - none of this jennings jones stuff - he is awesome - dont want small harvin.

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I don't know why you guys worry about the WR position? None of our guys are worth $10M a year, but our QB is worth about $40M.

Build the defense and running game, and use that cap space on some difference making defensive talent. You put a top 5 defense on the field, and I guarantee we have some super bowl trophys in the near future.

I'd actually take a run at Suh and solidify the run defense and enhance the pass rush. Yeah, he is that good.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Exactly. The Packers have a figure in mind for a players worth. If the market exceeds that, they move on.

I said last off season that Randall is not as rare of a talent as we fans sometimes feel. Aaron makes him easier to replace.

Also agree with Suh. Offenses put asses in seats, defenses put trophies in the case. A dominant defensive line means suddenly the linebackers are improved and suddenly the secondary is better.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
9 years ago

I'd rather be in this position than a shitty team needing to patch up a bunch of holes. I will savor this type of off-season over the alternative.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

The alternative being the Packers having a dominant offense but not being able to stop anybody on defense? 2011 (or was that 2012) anybody, when we had Finley, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, and Cobb? You're not going to win a SB most likely but if you load up people around Rodgers it's hard to not make the playoffs no matter how bad your defense is.

That being said, Bulaga's more of a priority in my mind. We've had a lot harder time finding quality linemen in the draft than WRs, and your entire franchise goes down the shitter if Rodgers gets injured enough to miss games or worse. Still think Cobb's a top priority but I'd rather have him walk than Bulaga.
dhazer
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Oh Shit I think North Dakota has made it to 90 degrees because I am agreeing with Dakota lol. Spend the money on defense and you will win trophies, look at Baltimore and their 2 trophies. Give Cobb 9 million a year for 4 years if he declines then you say ✋

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
packman82
9 years ago
Jeff Janis, Jared Abberderis , a mid round WR or cheap free agent are reasons why Cobb is expendable. Ted Thompson has proven he can draft WRs also.
blank
sschind
9 years ago

Jeff Janis, Jared Abberderis , a mid round WR or cheap free agent are reasons why Cobb is expendable. Ted Thompson has proven he can draft WRs also.

Originally Posted by: packman82 

You expect a second year man who was active for 3 games and caught what 2 passes and another undersized second year man who missed his entire rookie year due to injury and had some injury issues in college and a mid round flyer and a bargain basement free agent to replace probably the best slot receiver in the league. I wish I had your optimism.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (22h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
43m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.