Zero2Cool
9 years ago
I read a few predictions saying TCU's Paul Dawson will be picked by the Packers and it got me curious.

A.J. Hawk
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 248 lbs
40 Dash: 4.59
225 Press: 24 reps
Vertical: 40
Broad: 9' 7"
20 Shuttle: 3.96

Rated number 1 out of 145 OLB's and 6th in the entire draft.

Paul Dawson
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 235 lbs
40 Dash: 4.93
225 Press: 21 reps
Vertical: 28
Broad: 9' 1"
20 Shuttle: 4.49

Rated number 1 out of 154 ILB's and 57th in the entire draft.

While both were considered tackling machines, it appears Dawson is a less athletic version of Hawk.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago
I doubt there are any ILB prospects in this entire draft that are less athletic than last years Hawk. It's been quite a while since our Hawk was anything like 2006 Hawk athletically.
nerdmann
9 years ago

I doubt there are any ILB prospects in this entire draft that are less athletic than last years Hawk. It's been quite a while since our Hawk was anything like 2006 Hawk athletically.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Seemed like he stopped juicing when he hit the pros.

Dawson should be available in the third.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Yerko
9 years ago
Dawson's combine looked awful and I get that the combine/testing isn't everything. However, this guy just rubs me the wrong way. You're put on a platform out of your element to show your possible future employer what you can do and when you tank pretty much every test, instead of saying you can do better, you come off as a pompous ass claiming yourself as the best linebacker in the draft because of your stats. I doubt for one second that Paul Dawson actually runs a 4.9.

His cockiness and lack of care just give me a bad vibe. There are already red flags on him not attending or continually being late to meetings while at TCU. I wouldn't mind the Packers taking him if he dropped to later rounds but if this is the 30th pick in the draft, I would be nervous.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Dawson's combine looked awful and I get that the combine/testing isn't everything. However, this guy just rubs me the wrong way. You're put on a platform out of your element to show your possible future employer what you can do and when you tank pretty much every test, instead of saying you can do better, you come off as a pompous ass claiming yourself as the best linebacker in the draft because of your stats. I doubt for one second that Paul Dawson actually runs a 4.9.

His cockiness and lack of care just give me a bad vibe. There are already red flags on him not attending or continually being late to meetings while at TCU. I wouldn't mind the Packers taking him if he dropped to later rounds but if this is the 30th pick in the draft, I would be nervous.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Hey man, hey will combine when he wants to combine!!
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Seemed like he stopped juicing when he hit the pros.

Dawson should be available in the third.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Another idiotic statement.

Remember

It's all in YOUR mind.

Hawk was the top rated OUTSIDE LB.

Yet when the need came, he moved to the middle.

Oh hell forget this.

Doesn't matter.

Hawk is gone,
Haters can finally celebrate.

Gonna be fun reading next years
Live chat to see who the new whipping boy will be

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
9 years ago

Another idiotic statement.

Remember

It's all in YOUR mind.

Hawk was the top rated OUTSIDE LB.

Yet when the need came, he moved to the middle.

Oh hell forget this.

Doesn't matter.

Hawk is gone,
Haters can finally celebrate.

Gonna be fun reading next years
Live chat to see who the new whipping boy will be

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Sorry Buckeye, we're not celebrating, just wondering why it took so long. Hawk has been pulling the snow plow and playing flag football for years.

We understand your loyalty, as amusing it may be. Take care now Sweetness, we just had huge additions by subtraction with the cutting of Hawk and Jones. I guess maybe we should be celebrating.

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Sorry Buckeye, we're not celebrating, just wondering why it took so long. Hawk has been pulling the snow plow and playing flag football for years.

We understand your loyalty, as amusing it may be. Take care now Sweetness, we just had huge additions by subtraction with the cutting of Hawk and Jones. I guess maybe we should be celebrating.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Right there it is.
Hawk was around long before Jones showed up.
Yet ,for SOME reason you always link them together.
And now Hawk will only be remembered for his last year, as if that is how his whole career went.
Maybe if Ted could have found a more talented player,one that could stay healthy, to play beside Hawk,maybe you all wouldn't be such haters.

Better start appreciating players like Hawk.

There's only room for so many superstars, the rest of the team better be solid guys who can stay on the field and do their jobs year in and year out.
Let's rehash this again.
I was the 1st to say that Hawk would be gone thus year.
I said it right after Ted drafted Barrington and Hawk restructured his contract.
So don't pull that Damn loyalty line out, because it is pure bullshit!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
9 years ago
I don't know what you've been watching on the football field with Hawk, but I've been watching offenses expose him as our weak link. For some reason people want to applaud him taking a paycut, but should have been given the big contract in the first place?

You've always looked at Hawk through your scarlet sunglasses, so maybe it's time for you to just get over your butthurt that many Packers fans rip on this guy.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

I don't know what you've been watching on the football field with Hawk, but I've been watching offenses expose him as our weak link. For some reason people want to applaud him taking a paycut, but should have been given the big contract in the first place?

You've always looked at Hawk through your scarlet sunglasses, so maybe it's time for you to just get over your butthurt that many Packers fans rip on this guy.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Goddamn butthurt.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (now) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.