uffda udfa
9 years ago

I still want that 6'5" receiver that Aaron can throw some garbage up and the guy goes and makes the play. Cobb is good between the 20's, but he's no red zone threat. I still don't consider Cobb our top priority over Bulaga or retaining House. It seems to me, the Packers have been incredible at the "next guy up" in the receiving corps. Have no idea why so many of you get so worked up over this position. Look at what Belichek and Brady do with the scrap heap of receivers they have.

Sign Bulaga, and beef up our defense and we still have more than enough to win on offense, with or without Cobb.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Randall had 12 TD's one less than Jordy and was tied for 9th in the NFL among ALL players be it RB, TE, or WR.

He is so much more than just a slot guy and can do anything on a football field including playing QB. Does it really matter where he lines up? His production is his production regardless. You want a guy with his numbers walking away at 24? He will be 25 when season starts this year. So much more for him to do and heights for him to reach. Pay him NOW for what he will do LATER. He's going to get nothing but better barring injury which is a knock on him as he's only really stayed healthy one full season and it was his contract year.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

lolleren
9 years ago

Randall had 12 TD's one less than Jordy and was tied for 9th in the NFL among ALL players be it RB, TE, or WR.

He is so much more than just a slot guy and can do anything on a football field including playing QB. Does it really matter where he lines up? His production is his production regardless. You want a guy with his numbers walking away at 24? He will be 25 when season starts this year. So much more for him to do and heights for him to reach. Pay him NOW for what he will do LATER. He's going to get nothing but better barring injury which is a knock on him as he's only really stayed healthy one full season and it was his contract year.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Yes it matters where he lines up, it is much harder to find a true WR1 than a good slot receiver, and you don't pay WR1 money to a slot receiver, because he does not help your Offense like a true WR1 does. Regardless of his production numbers Cobb is still a slot WR and should be paid accordingly. He is not able to go outside and do what Jordy does, however Jordy can and have been very sucessful in the slot, he might get a handoff or two, and return a few punts however none of that is reason to overpay and certainly neither is his QB skillz.
blank
nerdmann
9 years ago

Yes it matters where he lines up, it is much harder to find a true WR1 than a good slot receiver, and you don't pay WR1 money to a slot receiver, because he does not help your Offense like a true WR1 does. Regardless of his production numbers Cobb is still a slot WR and should be paid accordingly. He is not able to go outside and do what Jordy does, however Jordy can and have been very sucessful in the slot, he might get a handoff or two, and return a few punts however none of that is reason to overpay and certainly neither is his QB skillz.

Originally Posted by: lolleren 

Call Cobb whatever you want, but he is explosive and can change direction like very few.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DakotaT
9 years ago

But he's not 6'5" and there is a lot he can't do on a football field. Why can't we ever give our all pro quarterback and elite #1 receiver?
UserPostedImage
shield4life
9 years ago
It's quite simple, Randall Cobb is not the best WR on this team nor is he in the top 15 the league even if he has 12 TD's or so this season. It's shocking how his expecting a 12 m $ contract, he should come back to earth. It sucks that there are desperate teams like the Raiders and Jaguars that are desperate to sell some jerseys. Either then that, most teams won't even pay Cobb anywhere close to 10 m a year.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
nerdmann
9 years ago

But he's not 6'5" and there is a lot he can't do on a football field. Why can't we ever give our all pro quarterback and elite #1 receiver?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Brandon Marshall's available. LOL
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago

It's quite simple, Randall Cobb is not the best WR on this team nor is he in the top 15 the league even if he has 12 TD's or so this season. It's shocking how his expecting a 12 m $ contract, he should come back to earth. It sucks that there are desperate teams like the Raiders and Jaguars that are desperate to sell some jerseys. Either then that, most teams won't even pay Cobb anywhere close to 10 m a year.

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

Not sure that's accurate. What year is Randall in? What year is Jordy in? Randall is putting up much bigger numbers than Jordy much earlier in his career. It took Jordy 7 seasons to eclipse 90 receptions in a season. Randall did it in his 4th, and if not for injury he would've done it last season.

Randall is just a kid. So much great football ahead of him.

I'm sure Davante, Abby and Janis MIGHT get 90 receptions between the 3 of them. Randall can change games. I DO NOT care if he's in the slot, outside, backfield or at TE. Matters not...things happen when he gets it in his hands. Losing that is a monumental loss to this franchise no other way to look at it.

EDIT: C'mon, Nerd! Brandon Marshall was traded to the Jets... Harvin is rumored to be coming available. Percy could replace what we lose in Randall, and I think playing with an elite QB and franchise might mellow out the headcase that is Harvin.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

shield4life
9 years ago

Not sure that's accurate. What year is Randall in? What year is Jordy in? Randall is putting up much bigger numbers than Jordy much earlier in his career. It took Jordy 7 seasons to eclipse 90 receptions in a season. Randall did it in his 4th, and if not for injury he would've done it last season.

Randall is just a kid. So much great football ahead of him.

I'm sure Davante, Abby and Janis MIGHT get 90 receptions between the 3 of them. Randall can change games. I DO NOT care if he's in the slot, outside, backfield or at TE. Matters not...things happen when he gets it in his hands. Losing that is a monumental loss to this franchise no other way to look at it.

EDIT: C'mon, Nerd! Brandon Marshall was traded to the Jets... Harvin is rumored to be coming available. Percy could replace what we lose in Randall, and I think playing with an elite QB and franchise might mellow out the headcase that is Harvin.

The main reason why it took Jordy 7 seasons to put numbers like that is quite simple. Greg Jennings James Jones Jermichael finley were sharing the load.

shield4life
9 years ago
I would love to see him back but at a price higher then 9 million it's madness.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
By that logic, we should expect Davante to top 90 receptions next season. We'll see.

I understand we had more at WR when Jordy was young but Jordy took a long time to develop. Randall made a major impact first time he ever touched it for us.

IF we don't sign Randall, there had better be some big splash coming we wouldn't normally see like a Julius Thomas, or something.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (18m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (57m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.