Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Not sure that's accurate. What year is Randall in? What year is Jordy in? Randall is putting up much bigger numbers than Jordy much earlier in his career. It took Jordy 7 seasons to eclipse 90 receptions in a season. Randall did it in his 4th, and if not for injury he would've done it last season.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

80, 70, 76 and 68 were the most receptions by a Packers WR during Jordy's first four seasons with the Packers.

I wonder how much the likes of Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones and Jermichael Finley taking targets played into that.
UserPostedImage
shield4life
9 years ago
Once Randall Cobb leaves Green Bay his success will not be the same as it's in Green Bay. He will be lining up opposing teams #1 DB. They will be covering our double teaming him and most importantly he will not have the most accurate QB in NFL.

I cannot see Cobb succeed in Oakland or in Jacksonville. Randall Cobb will prove in the upcoming weeks if his playing for the money or playing for the SB. You would think coming this close to a SB & he just wants to leave for 1-2 million difference for a team that can't win 5 games in a season seems to me really sad. It's his decision at the end of the day, he probably thinks that this may of probably been his best season and wants to cash in as much as he can.

I doubt he will leave to go to another team offering 1 million more but if he does go for the lucrative deal I'd be quite disappointment in him. Look @ Jennings for example.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Once Randall Cobb leaves Green Bay his success will not be the same as it's in Green Bay. He will be lining up opposing teams #1 DB. They will be covering our double teaming him and most importantly he will not have the most accurate QB in NFL.

I cannot see Cobb succeed in Oakland or in Jacksonville. Randall Cobb will prove in the upcoming weeks if his playing for the money or playing for the SB. You would think coming this close to a SB & he just wants to leave for 1-2 million difference for a team that can't win 5 games in a season seems to me really sad. It's his decision at the end of the day, he probably thinks that this may of probably been his best season and wants to cash in as much as he can.

I doubt he will leave to go to another team offering 1 million more but if he does go for the lucrative deal I'd be quite disappointment in him. Look @ Jennings for example.

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

You could have substituted Jordy Nelson for Randall Cobb and kept everything else the same. Jordy would be diddly in Oak or Jax, too. I think Randall would fare better elsewhere than Jordy would.

I could be way off, Buck will tell ya, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn a lot of WR's do NOT like playing with Aaron Rodgers. Has Aaron lobbied for Randall at all?

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

shield4life
9 years ago
He hasn't because he knows that it's not worth it. It comes down to the player and the GM. Rodgers knows very well that Cobb shouldn't get paid more then he think he should be. Rodgers lobbied for GJ & James Jones but Cobb's situation is totally different. His asking ridiculous amount of money and he doesn't seem to be a negotiable person.

As I said before and I'll repeat myself again, I would love to see him return his explosive but at what cost. Big contracts like this might not hurt you now but will come back to bite you at the end.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
greengold
9 years ago

IF we don't sign Randall, there had better be some big splash coming we wouldn't normally see like a Julius Thomas, or something.

If we don't sign Randall, it's because some other team paid him more than he is worth; plain and simple.

You can say its because the Packers don't want to win, or that it's because Ted Thompson is an idiot all you want. It doesn't make it true.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

If we don't sign Randall, it's because some other team paid him more than he is worth; plain and simple.

You can say its because the Packers don't want to win, or that it's because Ted Thompson is an idiot all you want. It doesn't make it true.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

Your first statement is illogical. He can't be paid more than he's worth. What he's paid he's worth. If another team sees him as worth more it is our team who doesn't see him worth it and that is an issue IF Randall goes on to have a HOF type career. Only then will we see how foolhardy it was not to cough a few extra mil per season.

NOBODY here knows what Randall is asking. I expect him to be back. I also will rip, mercilessly, our management if he is not. Draft, Develop, DEPART (when they prove to be stud players) Not a formula for success by anyone's measure. We kept STIFF Raji and paid him his worth that no one else saw but us. We better pay a class game changer who is young and upcoming. NO SPIN works here. None.

Do we have the money? If we let Tramon go, absolutely we do. I have limited faith in Davante Adams who seemed to regress at the end.

A 30 year old Jordy and who do we have if Randall leaves? NOTHING at TE... please, tell me what we have if he goes? You don't win very often with rookie WR's...them excelling is the exception not the rule.

Just give it to Lacy 400+ times.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

greengold
9 years ago

Your first statement is illogical. He can't be paid more than he's worth. What he's paid he's worth.

Seriously? You never heard of a bad contract? Look at the Bears. Jay Cutler is worth $54M for 2 years just because the Bears paid him that? 32 year old Jared Allen is worth $15M for 2 years just because that's what they paid him? I think not.

If you pay $50k for a new Chevy Malibu does that make your Chevy Malibu worth $50k? No, it means you paid $50k for a car that is worth $20k.

sschind
9 years ago

Seriously? You never heard of a bad contract? Look at the Bears. Jay Cutler is worth $54M for 2 years just because the Bears paid him that? 32 year old Jared Allen is worth $15M for 2 years just because that's what they paid him? I think not.

If you pay $50k for a new Chevy Malibu does that make your Chevy Malibu worth $50k? No, it means you paid $50k for a car that is worth $20k.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

Wait...you mean a new Chevy Malibu is not worth $50K? Damn Brother in law. I should have expected it from a bears fan.

mi_keys
9 years ago

Wait...you mean a new Chevy Malibu is not worth $50K? Damn Brother in law. I should have expected it from a bears fan.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Sounds like the Bears should've consulted your brother in law in the Marshall trade.
Born and bred a cheesehead
mi_keys
9 years ago

You lose Cobb and you have Jordy as your only proven guy and he's creeping up to the age where he's about to fall off. Why oh why they chose to give Jordy the money over Randall is the issue. I said it then and I'll resay it here. That was foolishness. The talent gap is negligible if not in Randall's favor but you gave the money to Jordy and are going to let a guy who is TWENTY FOUR nowhere near his prime walk because you gave the money to a near 30 year old WR? Tell me how that makes sense. You can't justify it.

Last year your narrative was that they could easily sign both, because that fit your argument in the Jimmy Graham thread. Now your narrative is that the Packers chose Jordy over Cobb, a narrative that's utter nonsense if the reports are true that we've offered Cobb upwards of $9M. Management clearly wants/wanted both.

And for the record, I want Cobb back.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (14h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.