beast
9 years ago

You think just any team can tape the opponent's practice and get away with it, then have the Commissioner destroy the evidence?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

YES! ... why? The NFL is pretty stupid...
From the sounds of it, they knew the Patriots were deflating footballs ahead of time and had a mission to set up a plan to both prove it and stop it... and let's be honest, have they even come a tenth of the way to proving in for a court of law standard? No... the NFL punishment system for off the field stuff is a colossal failure. Especially when it comes to punishing non-players (see Colts owner slap on the wrist for the drugs and all the other crap, for another example).

The only times I remember off the top of my head the NFL got serious about non-players punishment is

[list=1]
  • Sean Payton when he got caught lying to the commissioner ... and he didn't get in trouble for all the other stuff he's done like take pain pills from the Saints and other stuff that has been reported.
  • Titans owner, when he kept putting his middle finger up for everyone to see (and part of that was because he didn't stop when they told him to stop, it wasn't his first time doing it nor his first warning)[/list]
  • At least under Goodell, the NFL hasn't really ever punished non-players unless they directly get caught doing something the commissioner told them not to do. Everything else they've tried to give a slap on the wrist and move past. Including the Ray Rice deal... the Ravens got the NFL to look past that too. Does that mean all of the Ravens success has been because of the owners politics?

I answered your question... now maybe answer mine?

[list=1]
  • Do you think just any coach can get 15 straight seasons as an NFL head coach?
  • with a winning percentage of .729?
  • And with playoff winning percentage of .724? [*]And at one point lead the Browns (THE BROWNS) to a playoff win?[/list]

• UserPostedImage
    nerdmann
    9 years ago

@nerdmann, If you'd like to attain Belichick's success to his owner, I guess you haven't taken a good look at his career prior to NE in Cleveland of all places.

As a football fan living in Wisconsin and socializing with Packer fans all the time, the amount of ignorance is baffling.

Originally Posted by: mrgrease 

Was he above .500 at some point?

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    Zero2Cool
    9 years ago

Evidently the quote command isn't working, so here...

Sure glad I caught this and would be great if people would create topics of errors or issues in the Feedback section. I digress though. This error has been reproduced and a fix is being worked on. In the mean time, don't try the MultiQuote haha

UserPostedImage
    beast
    9 years ago

Sure glad I caught this and would be great if people would create topics of errors or issues in the Feedback section. I digress though. This error has been reproduced and a fix is being worked on. In the mean time, don't try the MultiQuote haha

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Umm... I created a topic of this error in the Feedback section... four days ago...

So I'm glad you thought it was great 👍 and great site you got here :mrgreen:

Using the Multi-quote button seems to be leading to some sort of error for me. Is it happening to anyone else?

Originally Posted by: beast 

UserPostedImage
    DakotaT
    9 years ago

@steveishere, Belichick and the Pats actually demolished GB the first time they matched up vs the McCarthy led Packers to the tune of 35 - 0 in Lambeau.

@nerdmann, If you'd like to attain Belichick's success to his owner, I guess you haven't taken a good look at his career prior to NE in Cleveland of all places.

@DakotaT, Now we need to "dominate" Super Bowls to be considered great? .... .... .... ....5 rings over 3 decades doesn't justify anything eh?

As a football fan living in Wisconsin and socializing with Packer fans all the time, the amount of ignorance is baffling.

You must have a reading comprehension problem. Do you consider NE comparable to the 80's 49ers, or the 90's Cowboys, or the 60's Packers and 70's Steelers?
    UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    Mucky Tundra (19h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
    Zero2Cool (20h) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
    Zero2Cool (23h) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
    beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
    beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
    beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
    beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
    Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
    Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
    Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
    beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
    dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
    beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
    dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
    dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
    dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
    dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
    beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
    dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
    Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
    Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
    Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
    Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
    Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
    beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
    Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
    dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
    Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
    dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
    dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
    Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.