beast
9 years ago

Aaron Kampman, Spencer Havner, how many of these marginally talented white guys have we gone through? And the crowd loves 'em every time.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Are you suggesting that if they're white, they must be marginally talented? Because Kampman wasn't marginal, but maybe you just enjoy trolling ... but Kampman played the run very well and in the process for 37 sacks in 3 years... and might of been better over a longer period if the Packers had better defensive players around him during the Sherman years.

Fans also liked William Henderson, Bubba Franks, Donald Lee, Corey Williams, Aaron Rouse, Will Blackmon, Davon House, marginal black players...

Fans like certain players ... hell for a while there seemed to be a push by fans to bench Nick Collins for Aaron Rouse... because Rouse could catch an INT (after giving up a TD) ... where Collins at the time seemed like knock a ton of balls down but couldn't catch a pass throw to him it seemed like early on in his career.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

Race is not an issue.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

That's what white right wingers always say, but it couldn't be farther from truth.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

Looks like you set up a fake argument for you to complain about... I never said Kuhn is a bone-crusher (because he's not), or a fast RB (because he's not), or that he's Packers People (though he probably is, that also is irrelevant to the subject)

Packers seem to bring in another FB every single year, and even drafted two, Korey Hall and Quinn Johnson... and some how Kuhn gets up on the final 53 man roster and the other guy sooner or later disappears.

They've had other FBs that better fit want you seemed to suggested you wanted and they got cut. Which might mean the Packers are looking for something other than just bone-crushing blocks and speed... like maybe the best overall versatile that is a 10/jack of most/all trades that gives them the best chance to win... maybe that's why they have kept Kuhn around this long. Nothing to do with Packers people or not.

But like I think you suggested, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Packers using more TE/H-back sets where a TE is in the back field, nor surprised about a TE or two drafted.

Originally Posted by: beast 

OK Pot! You should see yourself set up arguments with Uffda!

And actually I just forgot to mention the bone-crushing blocking in my first post.

Also, we don't spend any valuable picks trying to get a top notch fullback. We use our garbage picks or street free agents for some competition for Kuhn. Are we really trying all we can do to run the football?
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

And actually I just forgot to mention the bone-crushing blocking in my first post.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Even if you did, that still would of gone into the Quinn Johnson got cut argument.

Also, we don't spend any valuable picks trying to get a top notch fullback. We use our garbage picks or street free agents for some competition for Kuhn. Are we really trying all we can do to run the football?

I'm very confused now... are you suggesting the Packers use a "valuable" draft pick to pick up a "top notch" player at a position you claimed is "a position that has become irrelevent in the modern day NFL"?

If it's irrelevant (like you claim) then why would you a valuable draft pick on it? Doesn't make sense to me... sounds like Al Davis talking about using 1st round picks on kickers because they're the best at their position.

Also what's a "valuable" draft pick?, just wondering where the line is between valuable draft pick and garbage draft pick.

And to answer your question... are we do everything we can do to run the ball? ... No, the Packers are a pass first offensively minded team, and rarely if ever to pass first offensively teams ever do everything they can to run the ball. Just like a lot of running teams don't do everything they can for the pass the ball.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

That's what white right wingers always say, but it couldn't be farther from truth.

I guess I can't presume to speak for others but I don't even know what color players are. It is not just football. I don't pay attention to baseball players either.

That's not to say after a few years I don't learn what their skin color is. It just doesn't matter to me. As far as I am concerned ALL Packers are green.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

Even if you did, that still would of gone into the Quinn Johnson got cut argument.

I'm very confused now... are you suggesting the Packers use a "valuable" draft pick to pick up a "top notch" player at a position you claimed is "a position that has become irrelevent in the modern day NFL"?

If it's irrelevant (like you claim) then why would you a valuable draft pick on it? Doesn't make sense to me... sounds like Al Davis talking about using 1st round picks on kickers because they're the best at their position.

Also what's a "valuable" draft pick?, just wondering where the line is between valuable draft pick and garbage draft pick.

And to answer your question... are we do everything we can do to run the ball? ... No, the Packers are a pass first offensively minded team, and rarely if ever to pass first offensively teams ever do everything they can to run the ball. Just like a lot of running teams don't do everything they can for the pass the ball.

I don't know what is so difficult to understand. We should get a bonecrushing blocking fullback for Lacy even though the FB position has become irrelevant in the NFL. That's not too difficult for you is it? Just because other teams don't use the FB anymore do the Packers have to conform?

I'm not going to talk to you like you're a 4 year old like I do others in this forum. Keep up!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

I don't know what is so difficult to understand. We should get a bonecrushing blocking fullback for Lacy even though the FB position has become irrelevant in the NFL. That's not too difficult for you is it? Just because other teams don't use the FB anymore do the Packers have to conform?

I'm not going to talk to you like you're a 4 year old like I do others in this forum. Keep up!

Lacy could have been our FB, if Johnathan Franklin hadn't ended his career early. LOL. I'm still not over that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
Love the off season...
Nerd rips every player and coach like they have somehow personally offended him.

Dakotat turns every thread iinto a political debate.

The laughs just keep on coming.

How many weeks until the draft?

That ought to be interesting.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
9 years ago

No that statement made a lot more sense, than the other statements. Sounds like you wanted Quinn Johnson, a top bone crushing blocking FB, that was drafted with a valuable draft pick.

Damn those coaches for keeping the best 53 they thought could help win the most games for them! And not keeping the bone crushing FB...

More serious those... how many bone crushing FBs are there, that can keep making a good teams 53 man roster? Very few... that's why so few teams have a true very good bone crushing FB ... because most of them no longer exists... (for the most part )
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

No that statement made a lot more sense, than the other statements. Sounds like you wanted Quinn Johnson, a top bone crushing blocking FB, that was drafted with a valuable draft pick.

Damn those coaches for keeping the best 53 they thought could help win the most games for them! And not keeping the bone crushing FB...

More serious those... how many bone crushing FBs are there, that can keep making a good teams 53 man roster? Very few... that's why so few teams have a true very good bone crushing FB ... because most of them no longer exists... (for the most part )

Should've kept Vonta Leach.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (6h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (21h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (21h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (21h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (22h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.