Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

GREEN BAY, Wis. — The Green Bay Packers may have some competition for free-agent defensive tackle Letroy Guion.

An NFL source confirmed Guion visited the Seattle Seahawks on Friday, three days after his criminal case in Florida was resolved following his February arrest on felony marijuana and firearm possession.

The source said the visit was set up almost immediately after Guion's plea arrangement was finalized on Tuesday but added that Guion was "still very hopeful" a deal could be reached to return to the Packers.

Rob Demovsky  wrote:

TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago
Surprised this deal hasn't been done. We really should have a confirmation of Guion or Raji or both. Unless Ted has a hidden treasure in the draft we need one of these fat boys.
Smokey
9 years ago
The Packers need a quality player to start at the Nose Tackle position. I doubt that any member of this forum would have the guts to stand face to face with a Letroy Guion, or BJ Raji, or Vince Wilfolk and call them fat or a drug junkie . Chances are you would be wearing your ass for a hat .

I'm just as concerned about filling the NT position with a quality starter as anyone. I just hope that the Packers will be able to sign a good player, as the current Defensive strategy depends upon a strong player at the NT position.

Insults of any variety are unnecessary as well as a poor reflection upon the poster . Let us respect all and learn to take the higher road .

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

The Packers need a quality player to start at the Nose Tackle position. I doubt that any member of this forum would have the guts to stand face to face with a Letroy Guion, or BJ Raji, or Vince Wilfolk and call them fat or a drug junkie . Chances are you would be wearing your ass for a hat .

I'm just as concerned about filling the NT position with a quality starter as anyone. I just hope that the Packers will be able to sign a good player, as the current Defensive strategy depends upon a strong player at the NT position.

Insults of any variety are unnecessary as well as a poor reflection upon the poster . Let us respect all and learn to take the higher road .

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

No insults intended the line boys are called many un-PC names because they are big boys. My nephew plays the line and I hope he is a future Packer draft pick.

gbguy20
9 years ago
We better resign this guy. fucking ridiculous
beast
9 years ago

Surprised this deal hasn't been done. We really should have a confirmation of Guion or Raji or both. Unless Ted has a hidden treasure in the draft we need one of these fat boys.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I'm surprised a number of moves haven't been made. Like resigning at least one of the NTs Raji or Guion if not both. Also not (yet) resigning CB/ST Jarrett Bush, as he's cheap and at the very least would be a good ST player and possible depth for the dime position.

Also a bit surprised the Packers haven't signed any of the cheaper ILB/CB...and Safety as well if they're moving Hyde back to CB. I thought they might bring in a cheaper players such as the Vikings and Bears have done adding guys. For the Vikings CB Terence Newman, ILB Casey Matthews, and S Taylor Mays. For the Bears S Antrel Rolle, ILB Mason Foster or CB Alan Ball... for safety net depth.

Guys they might be good vets players for one to three years until we got better depth at the position.

Speaking of which TEs Zach Miller and Rob Housler are still out there. They're probably be a step up over Bostick.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Speaking of which TEs Zach Miller and Rob Housler are still out there. They're probably be a step up over Bostick.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I sure as hell hope that is not their goal. I much rather the team try to add players who are probably a step up over the current best at the position rather than a step up over whom was just released. Goodness man come on!! :xcensored :whipitgoo
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

I sure as hell hope that is not their goal. I much rather the team try to add players who are probably a step up over the current best at the position rather than a step up over whom was just released. Goodness man come on!! :xcensored :whipitgoo

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Don't get your panties in a bunch over that little Bostick comment... step up over Bostick was an understatement.
And I guessing they're planning on going into the season with R. Rodgers starting.

In the NFL, their best season (so far)
R. Rodgers: 20 catches for 225 yards and 2 TDs
Quarless: 29 catches for 323 yards and 3 TDs

Rob Housler: 39 catches for 454 yards and 1 TD
Zach Miller : 66 catches for 805 yards and 3 TDS

Housler has a ton of physical potential but hasn't always lived up to it.
Miller has been very good at times, but injury seasons lately have been holding him back.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
I think we will all find out this coming week which of the Packers FA's left will be signed.

Raji, Guion, Bush, Kuhn will either be signed or Ted will let them know they should start/keep shopping themselves around.

I hope to see them all back.

Edit:

Let's not forget about Matt Flynn
He May yet be invited back.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
9 years ago
Ted knows what these guys are worth.

If someone else is willing to overpay, so be it. We'll get someone else.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (8h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (10h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (11h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (15h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.