DoddPower
8 years ago

TT, Sherman, and Wolf don't have a valid excuse not to have more hardware in the trophy case, yet the kool aid boys keep making excuses for them. I guess that's part of being true fans. ::roll: To have over twenty years of hall of fame quarterbacking and 2 championships to show for it, is not very good.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Overall, I do agree with this, but the problem includes and is much deeper than the general manager. Aaron Rodgers has needed to play better in the playoffs a few times. We all know he can. Same for many other players. The coaching obviously needs to be better. As always, better players would ALWAYS help.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Overall, I do agree with this, but the problem includes and is much deeper than the general manager. Aaron Rodgers has needed to play better in the playoffs a few times. We all know he can. Same for many other players. The coaching obviously needs to be better. As always, better players would ALWAYS help.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

It's not all TT's fault. However, our D and ST's have been terrible for years and that is his responsibility. If you want to pin it on coaching, he is responsible for the HC, so, obviously, he's satisfied with our defense and ST's because he's kept the HC and even extended him.

Nobody can dispute that fans haven't cried year after year for defense, defense, defense, in the draft. That is for one reason only...it's not very good, and I'm sorry, that IS Ted Thomspon's fault.

He's going to draft more and more D this year throw in his Peppers addition and the resources sunk into this D are crazy. With what he's dumped into the D it should be '85 Bears good. It's embarrassing how bad it is for what he's tried doing to fix it but Aaron Rodgers doesn't play defense and the idea that Ted Thompson is some genius for drafting Rodgers is ludicrous. Favre was the spokesman for Waffle House back then...he could've retired at a moments notice. There were rumors after the Atlanta embarrassment in the playoffs he was playing 2 more seasons, only. When a guy touted to be the 1st overall in the draft drops to you and you have a guy with one foot out the door I think it's a no brainer to take a potential franchise QB over maybe the next Justin Harrell or Nick Perry or Datone Jones, etc.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

It's not all TT's fault. However, our D and ST's have been terrible for years and that is his responsibility. If you want to pin it on coaching, he is responsible for the HC, so, obviously, he's satisfied with our defense and ST's because he's kept the HC and even extended him.

Nobody can dispute that fans haven't cried year after year for defense, defense, defense, in the draft. That is for one reason only...it's not very good, and I'm sorry, that IS Ted Thomspon's fault.

He's going to draft more and more D this year throw in his Peppers addition and the resources sunk into this D are crazy. With what he's dumped into the D it should be '85 Bears good. It's embarrassing how bad it is for what he's tried doing to fix it but Aaron Rodgers doesn't play defense and the idea that Ted Thompson is some genius for drafting Rodgers is ludicrous. Favre was the spokesman for Waffle House back then...he could've retired at a moments notice. There were rumors after the Atlanta embarrassment in the playoffs he was playing 2 more seasons, only. When a guy touted to be the 1st overall in the draft drops to you and you have a guy with one foot out the door I think it's a no brainer to take a potential franchise QB over maybe the next Justin Harrell or Nick Perry or Datone Jones, etc.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Now that's funny.
Brett Favre could if retired at any moment because he was a spokesman fir Waffle House!!
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Nice try, but you're not gonna make that spin work.

Funny you said all Ted does is draft defense, defense, defense.
How the hell did all those guys playing offense get on the team?

Another trait that makes Ted one of the best.
He finds guys in the late rounds and UDFA's
That the coaches turn Into top caliber players.

Once again your argument is weak and in a couple of weeks Ted will once again make you look silly.

Gonna love the draft this year.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Now that's funny.
Brett Favre could if retired at any moment because he was a spokesman fir Waffle House!!
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Nice try, but you're not gonna make that spin work.

Funny you said all Ted does is draft defense, defense, defense.
How the hell did all those guys playing offense get on the team?

Another trait that makes Ted one of the best.
He finds guys in the late rounds and UDFA's
That the coaches turn Into top caliber players.

Once again your argument is weak and in a couple of weeks Ted will once again make you look silly.

Gonna love the draft this year.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Do you ever read what you post in reply to me. The irony in what you say of me...

Spin? Nope. I had a career once where I spoke to NFL agents on a regular basis. Had some friends out there in the NFL world. Favre was fed up with Mike Sherman...wanted out and was going to play 2 more seasons after the Atlanta debacle. Favre was known to be on the verge of bolting not that should even be news to you or anyone else so I'm not sure how that qualifies as "spin". See, it has always been YOU with an AGENDA. You love propping up Ted Thompson for some reason that I don't get because I don't do such things. How it's an incredible move to draft a QB who was touted as the potential 1st overall when you NEED a QB because Brett is as erratic as some of his passes is really spinning it trying desperately to make Ted Thompson look like some genius for drafting Aaron Rodgers. Go watch the ESPN clip of the moment...was anyone there surprised we took Rodgers? My goodness, Buck...you really need to get into reality one of these days.

My argument is not weak it is not able to be rebuffed that is why you don't/can't rebuttal. All you do is insult and try coming off as if you're not just lost as how to respond. Truth hurts, brother. I will ask you again...why is the D so terrible year after year and why do you and other cry defense, defense, defense when it's time to draft? Why? If your boy is such a magnificent GM that shouldn't be the case but it is. Oh, yes...I know that's just weak (but only because you can't refute the truth of it). I enjoy your failed attempts in reply. Nothing but vain empty insults.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
8 years ago
I'm assuming a defense is labeled terrible if they are outside the top 10 in points against?

2014 - 13th
2013 - 24th
2012 - 11th
2011 - 19th
2010 - 5th
2009 - 7th
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago

Where exactly are you getting this from? I don't see any reason to think we've put more resources into defense than any other NFL team does. 2012 is the only season I can think of where more than half of our first 4 picks were on defense (add 2009 counting the picks used to trade up for Matthews). In pretty much any other draft we've used at least 2 of our first 4 selections on offense and sometimes more of them.

Ted isn't a genius for drafting Rodgers but it took a set that most GMs don't have. That's a career killing move if it doesn't work considering how many people it pissed off because he wasn't trying to "win now" Also people need to stop acting like Rodgers was some once in a decade prospect. He was not, hence the drop and the disinterest in anyone trading up to grab him when he was available that late.
greengold
8 years ago
And the buzz on Rodgers before the draft:

"He'll surely go in the top 10 but it's a big gamble."
"He's not particularly durable or athletic."
"He's no Peyton Manning or Troy Aikman."
"He didn't even get a scholarship out of high school."
"Look at those other Jeff Tedford QB first round picks: Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington"
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I'm assuming a defense is labeled terrible if they are outside the top 10 in points against?

2014 - 13th
2013 - 24th
2012 - 11th
2011 - 19th
2010 - 5th
2009 - 7th

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The standard of measure is YARDS not points when it comes to how the NFL ranks defenses. Are you even trying to imply our D has been good enough over the last several years?

Hey, I think Buck has been right all along. APRIL FOOLS!

UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
8 years ago

Where exactly are you getting this from? I don't see any reason to think we've put more resources into defense than any other NFL team does. 2012 is the only season I can think of where more than half of our first 4 picks were on defense (add 2009 counting the picks used to trade up for Matthews). In pretty much any other draft we've used at least 2 of our first 4 selections on offense and sometimes more of them.

Ted isn't a genius for drafting Rodgers but it took a set that most GMs don't have. That's a career killing move if it doesn't work considering how many people it pissed off because he wasn't trying to "win now" Also people need to stop acting like Rodgers was some once in a decade prospect. He was not, hence the drop and the disinterest in anyone trading up to grab him when he was available that late.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

It was Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers at 1... go back and look. I was insanely into the draft back then. Rodgers was the best college QB I had ever seen and when I watched him play I only dreamed of him being a Packer because I thought it impossible because we would never draft close enough to 1 to get him. We got him. I was over the top ecstatic and wanted Favre gone.

EVERY 1st overall has question marks and the ones who don't like Jamarcus Russell...well...

UserPostedImage

steveishere
8 years ago

The standard of measure is YARDS not points when it comes to how the NFL ranks defenses. Are you even trying to imply our D has been good enough over the last several years?

Hey, I think Buck has been right all along. APRIL FOOLS!

So is it honestly your opinion that its better to have a defense ranked highly in yards allowed than one ranked highly in points allowed?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.