go.pack.go.
15 years ago

Millen - drafted receivers in round 1 who wished they had round 2 or 3 talent

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Except for Calvin Johnson.....

"go.pack.go." wrote:

shhhhhhh....

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Notice that I said except. He's missed on all but 1, and that 1 is Calvin Johnson.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
Charles Woodson admitted he was out of options, that is how he ended up in Green Bay.

I liked the R. Picket signing(being a Buckeye and all), again I was being serious, but good old Packnick has to do the only thing he knows how to do and that is "LABEL SOMEONE A HATER".

Going from 14-4 to 6-10 is not progress IMHO Fa's are not going to be real excited about a team that seems to be going backward not foward.

But what do i know, I'm just "A HATER" :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Good to know that some things will never change on this forum.
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :icon_smile: :icon_smile:
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
buckeyepackfan, you are monotonous. Give Packernation a chance to be optimistic about next season before being such a downer, will you?

Green Bay has brought in Dom Capers -- a man who was NOT out of options. You cannot deny that is a fantastic move.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
So now I am Monotenous because I asked a question and got slammed and labeled for asking it.

Reality is Ted Thompson is going to have to offer any top tier FA a hell of a lot more money than most any other team out there to make them want to come to Green Bay.

Unless Ted Thompson changes his way, that is not going to happen.
TheEngineer
15 years ago

Going from 14-4 to 6-10 is not progress IMHO Fa's are not going to be real excited about a team that seems to be going backward not foward.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

You know, even a recession is defined as 2 (two) successive periods of negative GDP growth.

Maybe you should wait for next year before you start proclaiming that the team is going backwards. If the team does worse next year, then by god, I'll be the first to call for blood.

Additionally, I think the reason a lot of people don't want to come to the Packers because it's cold and far away from any major capital, or the money isn't good enough. By your logic, the Detriot Lions will never sign anybody because nobody wants to play on a 0-16 team (worst EVER!), but clearly they're going to sign their players and FAs and try to improve, just like everyone else.

Just remember there's also people who think they can contribute and bring a team back up, which is diametrically opposed to the view you've presented (and lets hope that there's plenty of people with that line of thought, for the Packers' sake!).
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
So your argument, BPF, is that if Thompson does not -- by your own admission -- overpay for talent, then he is a bad general manager. You have strange criteria for evaluating management.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
You want to get into a stupid argument, do it with somebody else.

I have an opinion, I stated my opinion, you don't agree, fine, I don't care.

There was a time when a person could come on these forums, state their opinions and have others agree or disagree without being Labeled as some kind of "Hater" because their opinion doesn't agree with the majority.

I guess I will put on my Green and Gold Glasses and pretend that everything is just going to be fine in 2009, whether Ted Thompson changes his way of manageing or not.

He is as I state everytime I post "A Genius" :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

I hope Ted Thompson proves me wrong. Lighten up a little. Everything will be fine by the end of 2009 season one way or the other.
Pack93z
15 years ago

So your argument, BPF, is that if Thompson does not -- by your own admission -- overpay for talent, then he is a bad general manager. You have strange criteria for evaluating management.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Don't think that is the exact context of the stance.

Moreso.. there seems to be a resistance to Free Agents coming to Green Bay when an equal opportunity is available elsewhere.

Granted some of the players that turned us down, it probably worked out in our favor. Here are a few and it is a small pool since we don't target many FA.

Justin Griffin - FB, choose Oakland over us.
Lavar Arrington - OLB - Choose NYG over us. (Huge blessing 😉 )
Terrelle Smith - FB - Choose the Cards over us.

Two of the three above I know we offered more coin to (according to press releases and comments) come here..

Then couple that with Woodson and his admitted reluctance to come here and you have an foot to argue against.

Sprinkle Gregg Williams on top this offseason and you now have an arguable trend.

I can see the position, if one has an open mind, you certainly can understand why some would be skeptical at this point.

One winning season in four, 500 at best in attracting FA, and a stigma around the league.

Personally I see the situations in which these events occurred and in my opinion can justify why each happened, but that is my decision and opinion.

I disagree with calling out people as "haters", they have an opinion, and there are some events that can support their views.

Just like some of the folks that see no wrong in Ted, both sides step over the line into the irrational.

We know there are some that just come to flame and bait, but there are those that hold an opinion of distrust in the performance of Ted and MM.. as long as they are basing it off facts and events.. why can't they have that opinion.

Want my honest opinion.. there is little chance that we run out as sign a "headliner" free agent this season.. unless they come at a bargain number.. it is just the way we operate.

So what is wrong with Buckeye stating the same opinion?

It is time for the sparing within the Packer fan hood to cease, start to repair the wounds of the last five years, and in the very least start to accept that others hold varied opinions and debate them on a civil level. Don't ya think!!!
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

Reality is Ted Thompson is going to have to offer any top tier FA a hell of a lot more money than most any other team out there to make them want to come to Green Bay.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Not that I'm saying this is wrong, but how do you characterize this as 'reality'? Do we have statements from people around the league confirming that players don't want to play in GB? Or is this your perception, rather than 'reality'?

You later said this was your opinion, but you don't frame it as an opinion above - you say it's reality.

Again, I suppose it's possible that the Packers might have to pay more, I don't know - but your contention that they're going backwards and aren't an attractive destination because of that rings false. I would imagine that an NFL player would be able to realize that the team's better than their '08 record would suggest, and have potential to contend in '09.
blank