uffda udfa
9 years ago

I want to apologize to the long standing members of this forum.

It is the off season and there is mot much happening right now.

I needed a little laugh so I started this thread knowing uffda just wouldn't be able to resist another chance to hijack a thread and
Post his same old predictable thoughts on Ted Thompson.

Another chance to prove to us all just how much more intelligent he is.

Damn it worked even better than I thought it would.

The original article is based on the number of pro bowl players gm's have drafted.

NoTHING else.

I was betting uffda wouldn't read it and Damn I was right again.

Some people are just easy to fuck with.

Sorry again.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

No I'm not.

That was fun.

It's good to be the puppet master!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I honestly feel sorry for you, Buck. You do realize that JERRY FREAKING JONES is the #1 GM on this guy's list who put Ted Thompson at 7th. Based on pro bowl players selected? LMAO. Are you freaking kidding me? Do you realize how many Packers players have BACKDOORED the pro bowl...not initially selected but end up going as alternates? Wow, that is truly a measure of your prowess as a GM. Unfreakingreal how goofy you get over a completely INANE article written by someone NOBODY has ever heard of. Jerry Jones is the best GM in the league. I would hope there are hundreds of guys like me out on Cowboys forums just skewering guys like you who are claiming JJ is the best GM in the NFL because some nobody said he was.

Delusion is strong, Buck. Very strong.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago
I see the topic is about Ted Thompson being one of the best General Managers in the NFL. That is true and if he weren't good at his job, he would not still be with the Packers with recently receiving a well deserved contract extension.

Someone else said it best. If you don't want Thompson, who would be better?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

I see the topic is about Ted Thompson being one of the best General Managers in the NFL. That is true and if he weren't good at his job, he would not still be with the Packers with recently receiving a well deserved contract extension.

Someone else said it best. If you don't want Thompson, who would be better?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Receiving a contract extension doesn't mean you're good at your job. I would've been head over heels if we could've finagled Harbaugh from SF to be HC and GM. He is light years better than Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson combined.

The central point will never change... minus Aaron Rodgers Ted Thompson is what exactly? How great is he then? You will never ever find out because he'll retire before he has to prove he's not what you think he is as Aaron will be here TT's entire tenure. This point will never ever go away and those who choose to ignore this baffle me.

Tom Brady in New England has been to the show SIX times because his org knows how to put a team around him. Steelers have been there multiple times under Big Ben because their org knows how to build a team. The NYG and Eli freaking Manning have been there more than Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Tell me again how wonderful Ted Thompson is? It is the whole idea of being satisfied with being good. Judged in terms of greatness Ted Thompson is a total failure. Everyone's standards are different. Mine are just a tad bit higher than most of the crowd here. I find kinship with those who aim a little higher than winning the division every year and losing in the playoffs but that's just me. Squander Rodgers career. One SB appearance for possibly the greatest QB to ever play the game. Yup, total success there under TT.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago
That's right, teams extended general managers because they are not good at their job. Brilliant observation there. Just brilliant. (Lions anyone?)

I think it's extremely moronic for people to say things like "Well, what if you take that 76 yard run away, suddenly that 143 yards he gained isn't so special now is it?" ... Fact is, it did happen and when you start removing things, you lose ALL credibility because it shows you are failing to be objective and confirming you have an agenda.

UserPostedImage
musccy
9 years ago

This defense specifically I think was a bottom half of the league defense the first half of the season and close to top 10 the 2nd half/playoffs. Which is why I wanted to ditch Dom. Obviously we had the players to field a competitive defense like we did the 2nd half of the year. I want a coach who is going to play the right players from the start.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I'm sort of hijacking here, but this caught my eye.

This is not necessarily an endorsement for Dom, but isn't seeing improvement from players and units the goal? With the new CBA severely restricting practice times and so much turnover on rosters, even on the Packers, this is going to happen to GB or any team. The media asked about Tom Brady being benched in week 3. Seattle looked like shit through week 8.

You're not going to know as much about your players, their strengths, how they gel etc. on Sept 1 as you will on Dec 1. I'm stealing ideas from Ketchman, but September is evolving into the new preseason.

Sorry...back to the thread.

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

I honestly feel sorry for you, Buck. You do realize that JERRY FREAKING JONES is the #1 GM on this guy's list who put Ted Thompson at 7th. Based on pro bowl players selected? LMAO. Are you freaking kidding me? Do you realize how many Packers players have BACKDOORED the pro bowl...not initially selected but end up going as alternates? Wow, that is truly a measure of your prowess as a GM. Unfreakingreal how goofy you get over a completely INANE article written by someone NOBODY has ever heard of. Jerry Jones is the best GM in the league. I would hope there are hundreds of guys like me out on Cowboys forums just skewering guys like you who are claiming JJ is the best GM in the NFL because some nobody said he was.

Delusion is strong, Buck. Very strong.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Damn I put it right out in front of you and You still don't get it.

The author says very clearly that he was only using the number of players elected to the pro-bowl.

YOU DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE!

You saw your chance to spew the same old bullshit you have been posting since you joined.

So Damn predictable.

Don't feel sorry for me,

Just asTed has done so many Times this past year, I made you out to be the fool you are.
Please keep the laughs coming.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Yes, I read the article.

No, you didn't read my reply.

BASED ON PROBOWLERS is in my reply but in order for you to be you you must do these types of things and then insult me based on erroneous things such as contesting that I never read the article or understood it was based on probowlers. I got it.

Further, I mocked the idea of using probowlers as the Packers rarely have many guys go the legit way. We usually get guys to the PB the illegitimate way when other guys simply don't want to show up. It is you who doesn't can't and won't ever get it. I don't blame you...you're still reeling from the release of your idol, AJ Hawk. That has to be tough.

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Pro Bowl count is about as valuable as your membership fees paid to PackersHome. Exactly, it means NOTHING. (PS, you all still owe me your membership fees) 🙂
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

That's right, teams extended general managers because they are not good at their job. Brilliant observation there. Just brilliant. (Lions anyone?)

I think it's extremely moronic for people to say things like "Well, what if you take that 76 yard run away, suddenly that 143 yards he gained isn't so special now is it?" ... Fact is, it did happen and when you start removing things, you lose ALL credibility because it shows you are failing to be objective and confirming you have an agenda.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I understand and agree with most of the above. I think specifically to the AJ Hawk contract extension when he got it...undeserved. Brad Jones...undeserved. There are a lot of players Ted Thompson has given nice contract extensions to that didn't deserve them.

The point that you can't refute with anything is our defense and ST's. Why are they bad year after year? Ted Thompson has tried to build our D and has failed to do so. There is no Aaron Rodgers ...the D doesn't have a QB who is all world who can mask deficiencies. That is a fact. Ted Thompson is judged in a favorable light because we win regular season games pretty easily. That is NOT the measure of a true winner. Championships are...not divisional...not conference...WORLD. 13 time World Champion Green Bay Packers... ever heard that before? I don't EVER recall hearing x amount of times divisional champions, or x amount of times conference champions...it is about WORLD Championships. We have possibly the best ever to play the most critical position that helps you achieve WORLD Champion status and we've been to the ultimate game...ONCE? FAILURE, FAILURE, FAILURE. No other way about it. Our team is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Aaron Rodgers is plenty good enough...the cast is just too non-supportive and that falls squarely on TT's shoulders even though those happy with divisional championships are still drunk off them.

Please, please, please tell me how many years and 1st round picks does Ted Thompson need to build a quality defense? Answer that, please. How many years is acceptable? He was given a contract extension when our D was HORRIBLE so horrible Mike McCarthy is saying WRITE IT IN BIG LETTERS our D will be improved. Pitiful. Just pitiful. He gets an extension for a SB win YEARS ago after being embarrassed every single year since. The trend is not going the correct direction but we extended him. You don't give someone a contract extension for one year they had four years ago, you give them an extension based on how they're trending NOW.... and now the trend has been well established. He's just gonna ride a superstar QB to playoff losses because he is inept and incapable of fixing this D despite his numerous efforts. My goodness.
UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Yes, I read the article.

No, you didn't read my reply.

BASED ON PROBOWLERS is in my reply but in order for you to be you you must do these types of things and then insult me based on erroneous things such as contesting that I never read the article or understood it was based on probowlers. I got it.

Further, I mocked the idea of using probowlers as the Packers rarely have many guys go the legit way. We usually get guys to the PB the illegitimate way when other guys simply don't want to show up. It is you who doesn't can't and won't ever get it. I don't blame you...you're still reeling from the release of your idol, AJ Hawk. That has to be tough.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Dude quit trying to skin it

You NEVER read the article till yesterday.

You are what I said you were a year ago.

ONE TRICK PONY!

E end the most casual football fan knows pro bowl election has no relevance,
The author clearly stated he was just coming from a different perspective.

Stay with the agenda one trick, as the NFL goes, sooner or later everyone retires or gets fired.

Maybe you will be right in another 5 years.

Until then it Will be entertaining to see how many ways you can come up with to try and maker your mootless point..

Ted Thompson is one of the best.

If he wasn't he would have been ran out of Green Bay years ago.

Can't wait for Ted to make you look the fool during the draft.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (10h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (10h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (11h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (12h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.