uffda udfa
9 years ago
If we don't get a guy like Petty, I wouldn't mind seeing a mid round pick thrown to the Browns for Manziel. He sounds eerily similar to Favre in his beginnings in the NFL. So much talent. Put him with a team with some real tradition and see what he does in little ol' Green Bay. Wouldn't be the first southern boy to straighten up in the north.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
9 years ago

If we don't get a guy like Petty, I wouldn't mind seeing a mid round pick thrown to the Browns for Manziel. He sounds eerily similar to Favre in his beginnings in the NFL. So much talent. Put him with a team with some real tradition and see what he does in little ol' Green Bay. Wouldn't be the first southern boy to straighten up in the north.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Favre straightened up at some point? lol
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Smokey
9 years ago

Teams only get 30 invites, right? You really think that Ted Thompson would blow any portion of them, even one, away on a bluff? The more I think about that, the more shame I feel for even considering it possible.

No, this is not bluff. This is the Packers doing due diligence, something we often fail to appreciate.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

A bluff can be a most powerful weapon. In this case it could put a small idea in the enemies minds. Smoke Screens hide your actions and can have your opponent thinking, if even for a small moment, that he must counter your action. You tell everyone that your focusing on these players, building them up to a point that your enemy may try to pick him before you do. However your real choice, hopefully will be overlooked , so that you may pick him.

Military thinking can many times be applied to non-military endeavors. I'm quite sure most of the other teams maneuver their press and internet information releases as well .

None can be 100% sure of the reason/reasons to invite a player to visit. Sometimes the GM only reveals the full story only after a player retires from the game . If however one is clairvoyant enough to be able to read minds/future, then I'd like to speak to that person before the running of the Kentucky Derby.

$ $ $ $
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
The Packers simply do not operate under smoke screens while wasting resources on bluff tactics. The Packers focus their resources on reviewing players they may draft, not some foolish bluff tactic.

If memory serves correctly, the Packers also brought in Aaron Rodgers in 2005 as just in case even though he was thought to be a candidate to go first overall. That due diligence proved valuable when they had the opportunity to draft him on their spot.

UserPostedImage
Smokey
9 years ago

The Packers simply do not operate under smoke screens while wasting resources on bluff tactics. The Packers focus their resources on reviewing players they may draft, not some foolish bluff tactic.

If memory serves correctly, the Packers also brought in Aaron Rodgers in 2005 as just in case even though he was thought to be a candidate to go first overall. That due diligence proved valuable when they had the opportunity to draft him on their spot.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Would you like to play a game of poker some time ? Bring all the money you can spare . :whipitgoo
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

Would you like to play a game of poker some time ? Bring all the money you can spare . :whipitgoo

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Wouldn't surprise me AT ALL to see Ted bluff like this. I just don't think he is in this particular situation.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I would feel terrible about removing your income from you so swiftly and effortlessly.

dink

Wouldn't surprise me AT ALL to see Ted bluff like this. I just don't think he is in this particular situation.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

It wouldn't surprise you because you don't really pay much attention as you are too adept at saying they are shitting themselves to notice any trends. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Laser Gunns
9 years ago
12 never struck me as a guy who was going to stick around as long as the Brady/Mannings..

A bit early, but I would not be shocked if Rodgers retired when his contract is up.

If not this year, his replacement could be coming soon.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
nerdmann
9 years ago

12 never struck me as a guy who was going to stick around as long as the Brady/Mannings..

A bit early, but I would not be shocked if Rodgers retired when his contract is up.

If not this year, his replacement could be coming soon.

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

Soon as he breaks Bert's records.
Yerko
9 years ago
Wouldn't mind seeing the Packers take Petty in the 3rd or 4th round. Anything before that would be a ? in my mind with the major holes needing to be filled on defense. Petty can easily be taken late in the 2nd by yet another QB needy team.

Petty can sit for a good 3-4 years behind the best QB in the league and we can just repeat the QB cycle in Green Bay. Petty has the tools to be molded into a good quarterback.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (16h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (16h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (16h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (17h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (19h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.