uffda udfa
8 years ago

Not sure what all this has to do with Goodson striving to be a starter?

He will compete with those already on the roster and those Ted decides to bring in.

Hopefully he will make that year 1 to year 2 jump that coaches expect and gets a chance to contribute on the field.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Well, Ted Thompson really can't lose, can he? Either it's Hyde Hayward or Goodson. All Ted Thompson draft picks. He will be a genius because he drafted his starting CB no matter what happens.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Bigbyfan
8 years ago

Well, Ted Thompson really can't lose, can he? Either it's Hyde Hayward or Goodson. All Ted Thompson draft picks. He will be a genius because he drafted his starting CB no matter what happens.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

God forbid one of them is actually good...
blank
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Let me introduce you to the General Manager of the Green Bay Packers. Ted Thompson. He's responsible for all 22 starters as he's held this position for oh something like a decade!!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Let me introduce you to the General Manager of the Green Bay Packers. Ted Thompson. He's responsible for all 22 starters as he's held this position for oh something like a decade!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

He's been Executive of the Year at least once. Maybe 2-3 times, not sure.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

He's been Executive of the Year at least once. Maybe 2-3 times, not sure.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

'07, '08. '11

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

sschind
8 years ago

'07, '08. '11

not bad for a GM who is no better than average.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

not bad for a GM who is no better than average.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

It's a vote/popularity contest. The first year he won it was the year we lost the NFC Championship. Oh, how the praise rolled in...look at TT's team! It was 4-12 just two years prior. Why was it 4-12? Umm...he was trying to blow out Sherman and offered him no help that season greasing the skids to fire him. Sherman's teams had made the playoffs the 4 previous seasons and were over .500 the previous 5. Samkon Gado, Tony Fisher, Antonio Chatman sure did Sherman a ton of favors. When Antonio Chatman is your 2nd highest targeted WR far and away over the 3rd most targeted you're kinda going to be in trouble. Samkon Gado had almost double the carries of Ahman Green. A year of injuries to star players like Ahman and Javon. Pack started 0-4 losing 3 of those games by a combined 6 points. So, he wins an award for "rebuilding" a 4-12 team that he helped to a 4-12 record.

The following year was the year of the Favre trade. What stones it took to deal Favre and go with HIS draft choice. Aaron Rodgers. Hey, this award was solely for the Favre trade. The balls it took to deal the most popular Packer, ever, to go with his draft pick. It's my favorite Ted Thompson move and I don't discount this award at all even though the team wasn't very good the following year at 6-10. Just a move hailed by the league of his peers when it saw that Rodgers could play.

No award for the year we won the SB? He did get an award the following year for the 15-1 team that had one of the worst defenses in NFL history. TT's kryptonite ... the inability to build a D. Even with the worst D in NFL history he wins an award due to our gaudy 15-1 record. Yes, praise that man ... Aaron Rodgers tore up the league that season.

I'm not sure I'm that impressed by his 3 award winning seasons but I'm sure most of you are.

UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
8 years ago

uffda udfa said:
He wouldn't have his 30th overall...would've dealt it to New Orleans for Jimmy Graham. Smile

Wolf was too much of a genius to lose his mind. All the Graham trade would mean is that Wolf had a deal in place to become Saints' GM the next day.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Yeah, like trading for Brett Favre, a guy who was a total joke in Atlanta...it was riskier than a team offering a 1 for Manziel this off season. Or...maybe, offering Reggie White the richest contract in the history of the league. Favre's career ends with zero rings if not for the huge FA splash Ron made with guys like White, Jones, Dotson, Rison, etc.

Oh, how I miss having a GM with the swagger and brashness of Ron Wolf. Org had a totally different feel back then that I prefer so much more to what we have now.

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

It's a vote/popularity contest.

You think the General Manager from the smallest professional sports team city is popular? You have never watched one of Ted Thompson's press conferences, that is clear as heck lol Most reporters do nothing more than complain about the lack of information and how much it bugs them they can't get a quote. Nowadays they just say "typical Ted".

Popular ... lol ... that's freaking hilarious.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

You think the General Manager from the smallest professional sports team city is popular? You have never watched one of Ted Thompson's press conferences, that is clear as heck lol Most reporters do nothing more than complain about the lack of information and how much it bugs them they can't get a quote. Nowadays they just say "typical Ted".

Popular ... lol ... that's freaking hilarious.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The media isn't the one who votes...it is his fellow GM's.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.