uffda udfa
8 years ago

Cornerback is one of the most important positions on defense? I'm interested in how you come to this conclusion. I've always felt Defensive line was the most important, followed by linebackers.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Passing league. Pressure obviously is important. Even a great DL isn't always going to apply pressure. A CB will ALWAYS have to cover, which is critical to your success. The teams with great secondary play are usually the teams you see in the post season.

What is Seattle's strength on D? What was ours when we last won the big show?

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

What is Seattle's strength on D? What was ours when we last won the big show?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

The defensive front is their strength. They have a menacing group of talent there. It gives the Legion of Boom their boom, if you will.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago
Completely disagree. The LOB is their strength not their front.

Seattle far and away the top pass defense in the NFL at 185.6 yards a game... next closest was 203.2.

Seattle was the 3rd ranked rushing D. The LOB is their dominant feature. Have you forgotten our recent matchups with them?

BTW, I don't understand why you're taking a comment of mine from 10 days ago from another thread I didn't start and making it look like I created a topic. I didn't. You did.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

BTW, I don't understand why you're taking a comment of mine from 10 days ago from another thread I didn't start and making it look like I created a topic. I didn't. You did.

Obviously it is because I think it is a good comment that could generate a good discussion.

Seattle far and away the top pass defense in the NFL at 185.6 yards a game... next closest was 203.2.

Seattle was the 3rd ranked rushing D. The LOB is their dominant feature. Have you forgotten our recent matchups with them?

You think the front line gets all the pressure because of the secondary? I can see that and could even agree to a degree. Do you have any statistics on how much time the QB has in the pocket against Seattle? If it is 3 seconds or less, then I would say for certainty it is the defensive front, but if it is closer to 5 seconds then with that same certainty I would say the secondary. Anywhere in between I would have to say it's more of a combination than one or the other.

This tweet just came up and supports your stance!

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Obviously it is because I think it is a good comment that could generate a good discussion.

You think the front line gets all the pressure because of the secondary? I can see that and could even agree to a degree. Do you have any statistics on how much time the QB has in the pocket against Seattle? If it is 3 seconds or less, then I would say for certainty it is the defensive front, but if it is closer to 5 seconds then with that same certainty I would say the secondary. Anywhere in between I would have to say it's more of a combination than one or the other.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

All you have to do is watch them.

Seattle has the tied for 36th and tied for 40th highest sack total players in the NFL. (Bennett and Irvin)

Green Bay had the 12th and tied for 36th in Clay and Julius.

Of course, pressures are almost as important as sacks...I don't know the pressures numbers for either team.

Seattle had a unique secondary group over the last couple of years. To me, there is no way to say the same of their defensive front which is good but not as special as their back end.

I'm sure if I googled pressures I could find some more numbers. Aha... Seattle had 22nd and 25th pressure guys in Avril and Bennett. Our first guy was Peppers at 44. Clay was 87th. Bruce Irvin was 109. Heck, Mike Neal was 75th better than Clay or Bruce Irvin. So, Seattle has two top 25 pressure guys.
UserPostedImage

Porforis
8 years ago

Now that's circular reasoning. Seattle's defense is fantastic because of their secondary. They have had the best pass defense, therefore their secondary is fantastic.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
I do remember previous match ups and recall Aaron Rodgers running for his damn life lol

Hut hut, hike, RUN!!!
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago
I've never been much for one part of a team being so much more important than the other. To have a good defense you need it to be balanced. If you have a crummy secondary and a great front 7 your still going to struggle. Same with a great secondary and bad front 7. I think many people over glorify the importance of front 7 and d-line especially though. Even if you believe one aspect is more important than the other the gap is really not very significant.
Smokey
8 years ago
The Packers ( Ted Thompson ) know as well as everyone else that thy need CB's and LB's. However they can't reveal their draft strategy.

The Packers chose Clinton-Dix in the last draft, it was no secret then that the greatest need for a Safety.
The year before that, the cry went out for a Running Back, as a result Eddie Lacy was picked.

Opinions are like faces, everyone has one. I have discovered that the Packers have a great poker face, yet will most often play their cards smartly. I still don't trust Ted Thompson to always do the right thing, so now it is simply a waiting game.

UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago
Seattle has the best defense because they stop other offenses better than other defenses do.

I'm just an :ahole:

:walk:

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.