DoddPower
8 years ago

I think you are a sincere and great Packers fan but are you for real? You are excited about some 4th round comp picks MAYBE turning into players in 2-3 years? Really? Oh, you are TT's minion. Why in the world would you HOPE to hit on a guy who might develop in 3 years when you have a HOF QB in his prime? No, you'd rather wait until Aaron is 34 in the HOPES a guy pans out vs. adding a true difference maker a known quantity to get us over the hump? Ron Wolf would never have done that...he built a D that was a SB defense. Ted Thompson has flailed and failed wasting Aaron's best years. I can't wait to see if our draft choices are actually good and any UDFA's might get stashed on the PS so they can be contributors in 3 years. It really makes sense to do it that way if your goal is just to be good long term instead of GREAT with your HOF QB in his prime. Give me a shot at back to back rings over 10 more years of maybe winning the division by being good.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I expect rookies to contribute THIS season, AND I expect multiple players to improve. The Packers don't need much. I think the defensive line will be better with the return of Raji and Guion. I think the linebackers will be the same or better, and I think the secondary will be about the same overall with improvements from Ha Ha and Hayward. I also expect the offensive line to be the same or better, and the tight end group will be better. Add in a couple rookies that maintain the level of play or improve on it slightly and the Packers are as poised as any team in the league to win a Championship. Additional 4th round picks will be nice to maintain or improve the talent base next season hopefully for a run at back-to-back championships. Give me young rookies over way overpriced free agents any day.

Everyone gives Aaron Rodgers SOO much credit. And he deserves most of it. However, I don't think enough are critical of his performances in the playoffs. He was great in 2010. But otherwise, I think he needs to be better if he wants to be one of the all time greats. It's not just the rest of the Packers team that needs to be better. Aaron unquestionably has to be better. He is the face of the Packers and the leader of the team. He's one of the best players in the league, but he needs to do more to be one of the "greats." I understand last year was a bit of an exception because he was injured and he still played pretty good at times. But I just feel as if the truly great ones need to consistently play better than Rodgers has in the playoffs outside of 2010. I want to see him PROVE that he is the best player in the league in the biggest games of the postseason again. Otherwise, perhaps he's not as amazing as many here proclaim.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Buckeye you are so right. But, I’m not sure the discussion is wasted.

I take a “for better or worse” view on my Packer brethren. In some ways it’s like one’s kids: they may disappoint you, but ya still love ‘em and ya hope one day they’ll grow up and be more responsible.

In other ways it’s like dealing with a KKK grand dragon. They may have some canned snippet phrases shrouded in Christianity that may resonate w/ some. But the more ya get them talking and responding to [or avoiding] legitimate factual objective argument, the more that the world learns that the KKK sentiment is grounded in pure evil hate and an irrational basic amoral disrespect for mankind.

Pure flaming should be ignored; but concealed in the bombastic irrational rhetoric are what otherwise might be legitimate criticisms of TT, EG, that he does not fully utilize FA; that he is too risk averse and will not make that key move to win; etc. Now will you ever be able to convince a KKK dragon that Blacks are equal through rational argument? NEVER; because he didn’t acquire his beliefs through rational thought. Likewise, you’ll never be able to convince someone that Ted Thompson is good, who acquired their hate for Ted Thompson by an irrational basis [EG because he canned their childhood idle or didn’t activate himself and field an onside kick]. But, some have acquired negative opinions of something Ted Thompson did and/or did not do through rational thinking; these people can move people like me, who tend to believe Ted Thompson is infallible [LOL-remember the first step to sobriety is to admit ya got a problem-LOL] , to a more middle position and vice-verso.

Creative Concept: The ONLY path to winning a SB in this Cap environment is to accumulate numerous good to great 1st contract studs. Once this axiom is accepted; then just about every move/nonmove Ted Thompson makes is understood for its prowess.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Wow. Just wow. If I had to guess what you do for a profession I would say you're in the field of psychiatry. The quackery in the above post is at levels I've not quite seen before.

How many points do I raise that go not responded to? It's epidemic.

These assumptions you make regarding me are eerily similar to the inane assumptions you made regarding Ron Wolf.

It is not a good idea, ever, to rely on draft picks to be major contributors to your franchise. Those of you seriously championing that are doing so because that's what Ted Thompson basically does because he does nothing else. Why make the team better when you can hope it's going to stay good through stellar rookie play? No need to add a proven difference maker on D ... let's let Ted Thompson keep wasting resources on it year after year. Sounds like a productive plan. Where is your evidence that Ted Thompson can build a defense? Where is it? Let's blame our Superbowl MVP HOF QB instead of the fact we don't have a defense.

I'm glad Barfarn is here...he plays his flute...you dance. I love how you love his replies to me.

Can't wait to see Ted Thompson NOT field a decent defense again this year. How many years does he get, again? Waste that career of 12...waste it. You can feel good knowing you bonused by pitching pennies with your dollar store UDFA's while ignoring game changers that would've actually translated into world's championships. The greatest thing is you have people who don't even see what you don't do. They're fat dumb and happy with their regular season records and divisional championships...they forget the object is winning the SuperBowl and nothing else matters.

EDIT: What should be the objective of every franchise at the start of each new season? WINNING IT ALL
That is NOT TT's objective....his objective is staying competitive long term. If his goal isn't to win the SB when the season starts, he can't possibly be the right man for this job. Wolf wanted to win Championships. He tried very hard to do so. Ted Thompson tries very hard to stay good for the long term... if you can't see the difference in approaches then God help you. It's right there. As simple as that. Ted Thompson is wasting 12's career by thinking about being good 5 years from now when he should be worried about the team hoisting the Lombardi THIS season. He doesn't. Ron did.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.