TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago
Schedule is pretty good, with no key injuries I think we should be able to post a decent record. I still don't understand why the league doesn't try and get the bye week in before teams have a Thursday night game. I understand that is not always possible with 3 games on Thanksgiving, but at least don't have us travelling between games.

Our bye week is nice that it is in the middle of the season, but being we have a home game the week before and a late Sunday game after it is not the most beneficial from a schedule standpoint. Would have preferred the bye before the Thanksgiving game (obviously) or between the Broncos and Panthers game.

Can't complain, this release gets us closer to the season. Can't wait for the draft so we can see what rookie talent we are bringing in.
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
True about the bye, although I do like that we have it before the tough Denver game.

I also like that we play the Niners early - they may be unsettled to say the least then; I also like playing the Cardinals late, as I could see them fading again late in the season; I like the idea of playing the Cowboys in December at Lambeau also.

The Panthers could be a "trap" game - on the road against a fairly tough team, and a possible letdown effect after hopefully knocking off the Broncos. Also, playing Seattle again early in the season is kinda like eating your vegetables first - but McCarthy better have things settled and ready by then; Getting them at home after 3 straight at their place should help too.

Like every year, I don't see any clear probable losses. 16-0 is highly unlikely, but who's gonna beat us?
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Schedule is pretty good, with no key injuries I think we should be able to post a decent record. I still don't understand why the league doesn't try and get the bye week in before teams have a Thursday night game. I understand that is not always possible with 3 games on Thanksgiving, but at least don't have us travelling between games.

Our bye week is nice that it is in the middle of the season, but being we have a home game the week before and a late Sunday game after it is not the most beneficial from a schedule standpoint. Would have preferred the bye before the Thanksgiving game (obviously) or between the Broncos and Panthers game.

Can't complain, this release gets us closer to the season. Can't wait for the draft so we can see what rookie talent we are bringing in.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Ain't no way the league was giving us a BYE week before the Thanksgiving game. What a tremendous advantage it is to have a HOME Thanksgiving game. Ask Detroit and Dallas. I was disappointed the Bears were the opponent. That's a very short trip for Chicago... I was hoping to see a team have to travel a long way to enhance our Thanksgiving advantage.

Being home and then having your BYE is outstanding. Sure, would've been nice being home after it, but all in all no 3 game roadies. Nice flow to the schedule with back to back Thursday games. A mini bye before the last 4 games of the season. A quick six and then a BYE. Six more then a mini bye. I would hope we'd have another BYE before the playoffs.

It's all right in front of us as Mike McCarthy would say.
Mike McCarthy should be very pleased with this one.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Dulak
8 years ago

Night games muck up my sleep schedule. I have a 4am alarm clock. Usually miss the 4th quarter.

Originally Posted by: Poppa San 

try living in the UK 😉 ...
Dulak
8 years ago
This schedule looks like a piece of cake this year ... I mean ...
outside our division we only have the broncos/cowgirls and seahawks - niners are always tough for us but think they should be easier now that the crazy dude is gone.

uffda udfa
8 years ago
I wish Seattle was the opener... I fear this team may look past their rival to Week 2.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Poppa San
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I have heard the CBA guarantees players 7 consecutive days off for the bye week. Still would only have 3-4 days for practice b4 the Thurs game. Players would be less sore though. I haven't figured out the Sun night followed by Mon night games 8 days later the past few seasons. Also why don't teams come off their bye against teams coming off their bye. Would seem more fair.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I awoke this morning with a headache. I still went to work. She went back to sleep.
gbguy20
8 years ago

If we're 6-0 at BYE I'm really going to be thinking undefeated season.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

For someone who hasn't said anything positive about the Packers in the year you have been here, this post is pretty bullshit.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

For someone who hasn't said anything positive about the Packers in the year you have been here, this post is pretty bullshit.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Thank you for telling me what I think. What you just labeled BS was my honest thoughts. Aaron is going to have a budding Cobb and Nelson, again, and Eddie. Plus, I love my man Jeff Janis. Of course, TE is of major concern but I think this offense might have a run in it like it had in 2011. No reason we can't win all 16 games IF the team stays healthy.

Our D will likely suck again and be our achilles in the playoffs but as far as regular season goes, I see no reason why we couldn't reel off 16 straight. The schedule looks to be set up for that type of thing in my estimation. I don't see anything outrageous on it and it's broken up nicely.

One has to really ask themselves why I am so "negative" about the Packers. It's clear I loved the Ron Wolf, Bob Harlan, Mike Holmgren led Packers so much more than what we have now. Why? I just want to be unhappy? No. My reasons have been well stated. You just can't understand why I can't love Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy the way you do. It's because I remember how it was and how it should be...not how it is right now under less effective management.

UserPostedImage

gbguy20
8 years ago

Thank you for telling me what I think. What you just labeled BS was my honest thoughts.

That's right I forgot you bullshit your way through the rest of your posts for the sake of "forum balance."

There you have it folks. Uffda thinks the horrible Ted Thompson has built himself a 16-0 team. Feel free to ignore the rest of his posts from now on, they're all BS.

You just can't understand why I can't love Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy the way you do.

Not that it matters, but I'm on the other side of the spectrum when it comes to "loving Ted and Mike." Not on the opposite end of it, but definitely no higher than middle. My posts would back that up.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.