greengold
8 years ago

TT could try buying a SB win? It would be nice to actually see he's going balls out to win. When has he ever done that? Never. Just play conservative like in Seattle at the end. I'm tired of a team that isn't a take charge dominator. It should be with our QB.

So, the fans wouldn't love Ted Thompson for trying? I don't like him for not trying hard enough.

If someone told you you had 10 years to live would you be thinking a bunch about what you were going to do in the 9th year? Ted Thompson would. Instead of focusing on maximizing every minute of life Ted Thompson would be thinking how he'd be spending his final year. Gimme the guy who recognizes how precious life is and wants to squeeze every ounce out of it over the guy just plodding along thinking about the future. Aaron Rodgers is your 10 years. Squeeze every ounce out of winning as many championships as you can year by year... stop worrying about 5 years from now about whether you might be competitive for the NFCN crown. Soon, Aaron will be gone and the chance of ever getting to a bowl will be greatly diminished. EVERYONE agrees winning the SB ain't easy...so, why wouldn't you load up when you have the one advantage over every other team in the NFL? You have the best QB going and you aren't going to do EVERYTHING to win SB's? You are going to just plod along? Again, do you think our odds of winning another SB are going to go up or down when Aaron is done? Obviously, they're going to go down, so NOW is the time. NOW...not later. What are we waiting for? Is a NFCN crown in 5 years going to matter? NO. A SB victory this year WILL matter forever. Focus is all wrong with you guys and TT. WIN...NOW. Your window is closing.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Have a good chance to win the next 10... or have a good chance to win the next 2 with no chance after that. Those are your choices.

buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
You guys are good.

Point after point being made, factual points, not shit made up in the mind.

Points that should persuade any normal Packer fan to change his views.

There is reality and there is fantasy.

Uffda chooses fantasy,

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
yooperfan
8 years ago

Have a good chance to win the next 10... or have a good chance to win the next 2 with no chance after that. Those are your choices.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

I would choose going all out for the next two or three because once Rodgers is gone the chances of making it to the big dance is going to drop off significantly, at least for awhile.

nerdmann
8 years ago

(SportsNetwork.com) - Ted Thompson has the great draft rep but a lot of his recent history in the first round has come up snake eyes. The three-year stint before Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in 2014 produced Derek Sherrod, Nick Perry and Datone Jones, not exactly a murderer's row.

And all three have been slowed by injuries.

I was the first one to criticize both the Perry and the Jones picks. Didn't even have Jones on my board, because he was a tweener. In fact they both were tweeners. Perry wanted to be a 4-3 DE. But I'm not gonna burst into tears over them, give them a chance to develop.

Perry has looked very good when healthy. Datone has been solid. Sherrod broke the shit out of his leg and had to have multiple surgeries. He's a 300 lb+ lanky invidual. That foot quickness will be the last thing to come back. Dude is still in the league, just not good enough to be on OUR team. (Thanks, Ted!)

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
8 years ago

Any franchise would've needed to be bold to land Reggie. He didn't come to Green Bay for the weather or the tradition or even Brett Favre as he claimed...it was the money...the richest contract in the history of the NFL at the time. I remember where I was when I got the news Reggie was a Packer. A momentous occasion. There has never been a moment in the entire Ted Thompson regime outside of the drafting of Aaron Rodgers that came anywhere near that level of excitement for me personally.

No Moss, no Marshawn, no Gonzalez, no Jared Allen...never a big time gamechanger...a brokedown Woodson that nobody wanted who amazingly resurrected himself in Green bay and old man Peppers who never played LB in his NFL career. That is the entirety of TT's brilliance in his time longer than Wolf. Ron did more than that in the SB season alone.

I enjoyed the old battle regarding this where many of you finally admitted you were more interested in competing for the division year after year than you were about winning a SB. That is one of the major differences in me and some others here and the majority of you. You just wanna be good... I prefer greatness. The Packers are run way too much like a business over the game that it truly is. In a game the object is to be champion...in business, it is to make money. Pursuing long term viability over winning makes your business strong and winning secondary. That is what you are supporting under TT's watchful hand.

We're not comparing Wolf to other franchises. We're comparing him to Ted. FAct is, the two had completely different challenges. Wolf needed to show players, especially black players that GB was a desireable place to play. Ted's major challenge was to wrest control back from an ego inflated hillbilly.

As for Moss and Marshawn, Ted had deals in place in both instances, it's just that the sellers changed the terms at the last minute. So what did Ted do? He drafted Jordy Nelson and James Jones instead. And then drafted Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin instead.

As for your dedication to greatness, we can all see how devoted you are too it, based on the character you reveal through your posts.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
8 years ago

So, if I find a stock that I think is a once in a lifetime opportunity and pour my life savings into it, it's not a risk because "I think" it's a once in a lifetime opportunity?

Notwithstanding that you may see it as a risk [No one else sees investing $78.94 a risk]; why evade using irrelevant banter?

One is asked, "what color was the car?" He answers, "Well, my daddy owned a station wagon in the 80's...blah bah blah." Law enforcement, EG, would view such irrelevant evasiveness as deception and dishonesty.

Please just address the issues; if you want to throw in some stuff that you think is colorful hyperbole, fine, BUT ADDRESS THE ISSUE.

Ron Wolf took a tremendous risk on his belief in Brett Favre. You minimize it because it worked out. Ron Wolf also stayed up all night heading into the 2nd day of the old draft fearing someone would take his can't miss OL prospect, Bill Ferrario, from UW. That didn't work out so well for Ron so his feelings don't have any relevance whatsoever when it comes to risk.

You're comparing a 1 in 10 year player to a purported similar cant miss prospect that Wolf INTENTIONALLY passed on 'til the 4th round. LOL If Wolf stayed up all night worry about losing "cant miss Ferrario" I just cant imagine the psychological torment he suffered worrying about losing a player had rated higher "super duper cant miss Blohaw Jue" LOL. If Wolf took Reynolds, Fergeson, Marshall and Jue over a cant miss OL prospect then Ted Thompson is by for the superior GM, era be damned. LOL This shows you have very little knowledge of football and scouting. You see Graham gets 1200 yards; you think he's great because you dont understand how to evaluate play so stats is all you can go on. Saying a GM is taking a "tremendous risk" by trusting their draft board shows you have no understanding of how players are scouted and rated A tremendous risk is trading your entire draft for Ricky williams, or several drafts for John Hadl, hershnal walker, julio jones or RG3. Trading next year's #19 for #1 this year is the opposite of risk; it is something that may never happen again. After a lousy rookie season, do ya think the Browns can trade #19 for Clowney? Would Browns GM be accused of making a tremendous risk? Of course not; no one would view it as a risk and no one would EVER view it as a risk even if Clowney never played another down.

One could only truly evaluate Ted Thompson vs. another GM who would hypothetically run the Packers org. Ozzie Newsome works within the confines of the Ravens org with their variables. You can't compare what Ozzie does THERE vs. what Ted Thompson does HERE. You can look at what Ted Thompson does and has done and like it or not like it. A performance review includes what YOU did not what anyone else does somewhere else. Looking at what Ted Thompson has done, here, vs. what he could've and should've done leaves him a middling GM.

If this Ozzie/TT is believed; then its dishonest to try to compare Wolf to TT.

I have suffered brain damage from reading the rest.

BTW, Santana Dotson wasn't behind Brad freaking Culpepper and it's questionable if he was behind Wheeler.

as usual..WRONG. In '94 Culpepper and Dotson started the season. Midway through the season Wheeler replaced Dotson, who continued to play on passing downs. In early '95 Dotson and Wheeler started; in week 8 Sapp took over at Dotson; at end of year Wheeler was banged up and Culpepper started for him NOT Dotson. Now, the last half of '95 [and probably before that too I just didn;t hear about it] Dotson was revealed as a lockerroom cancer a tool to the highest degree for among other things refusing to help young Sapp. In 96 TB tried to keep Wheeler, but made no effort to keep Dotson, who hit the market as a below average DT w/ above average pass rush and a total jerk cancer. Again as i said, "behind Sapp, Culpepper and wheeler; a notch above scrap heap." In GB, I never heard of the cancer stuff, showing the importance of culture! Oh and Culpepper's a lawyer, he'll sue ya...LOL

That move was bigger than the Ryan Pickett WRONGmove that Ted Thompson apologists just love to cite as proof he does wonderful things via FA. TT's ONLY moves of renown as far as FA go are Charles Woodson whom no one wanted and sat on the market for weeks after the start of FA and Julius Peppers who was at the end of his career. Scrap heap for both of those guys. You can't comeback with ...well, Woody won DPOY. Yup...and Desmond Howard was SB MVP.

Ron vs. Ted. Seriously? That's not even fair. One is a gung ho sold out to win WINNER vs. a middle of the road let's not rock the boat and try staying competitive long term bean counter kind of a guy.

The facts prove Wolf is not a risk taker, that idea is WRONG. Notwithstanding the blathering hyperbole and conclusory drivel failure to respond to the facts is an admission of being WRONG .

uffda udfa
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I have addressed the issue...there was MAJOR risk in trading your 1st for a guy who totally flamed out in Atlanta...far more risk than using your own 1st rounder on him the previous year. He'd already proven to be a jackoff in ATL, yet, he still used a 1st rounder to get him. Just like a team trading a 1st for Manziel in this draft would be a huge risk, even if that GM thought Manziel was a once in a lifetime player in the previous draft. Brett was not the 1st overall when he was drafted nor was Manziel. Same situation...the issue has been addressed but you're on record with your ridiculous claim that Wolf trading for Favre wasn't risky. Wow.

Nerd...character? Are you kidding. What do my posts about a game you watch on TV have to do with my personal character? One of my pet peeves in life is deification of a game and it's participants. I despise cult like thinking. That is what is pervasive here...people all tickling each others ears over a game they mostly watch on TV. Ted Thompson is not what he is made out to be. Fantasy land is what I fight against, daily, on this board.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
8 years ago

And all three have been slowed by injuries.

I was the first one to criticize both the Perry and the Jones picks. Didn't even have Jones on my board, because he was a tweener. In fact they both were tweeners. Perry wanted to be a 4-3 DE. But I'm not gonna burst into tears over them, give them a chance to develop.

Perry has looked very good when healthy. Datone has been solid. Sherrod broke the shit out of his leg and had to have multiple surgeries. He's a 300 lb+ lanky invidual. That foot quickness will be the last thing to come back. Dude is still in the league, just not good enough to be on OUR team. (Thanks, Ted!)

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Reality is something that has to be spun out of. Let's not ever really look at TT's record. I keep asking. It is so much easier to feel strong with each other minus actual evidence. The evidence is he's not anywhere near as good as most of you make him out to be. It is also easy to blast me for contradicting a belief you desperately want/need to believe is true.

Excuses need to be made to even begin to defend TT's record... Harrell was hurt, Perry was hurt, Datone was hurt, Sherrod was hurt, and so on and so on. Could it be these guys just aren't players? Man, Hawk was so freaking ineffective for a 5th overall and many in Packers nation just had to defend him like OJ's defense team as to still praise TT. Ted Thompson has failed over and over and over to build a defense. A lot of that has to do with some of failed guys noted in that little blurb I found on the FoxSports website.

Blast my character, Nerd...I will blast your false beliefs.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
8 years ago

Time Out.

Sorry, Pardon The Thread Interruption...

But I Gotta Know? What is with this "UFFDA UDFA" Moniker?

"UFFDA UDFA." Really?

Sounds to me Zero.. You are debating an I.S.I.S. Suicide Bomber.

Be Careful Kevin.

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

Uffda was a popular Norwegian term back in the region I grew up in during my youth that I actually hated. I paired a word I hated with an approach I hate (just relying on UDFA's). I read at this board and was just dumbfounded at the Ted Thompson love. My moniker is an ode to an approach hailed by the legions here that I find wholly flawed.

Uffda is an exclamation of sensory overload. I'm just overloaded with each new UDFA that gets added to our franchise. That guy from the IFL at LB would be a great example.

UserPostedImage

steveishere
8 years ago

Uffda was a popular Norwegian term back in the region I grew up in during my youth that I actually hated. I paired a word I hated with an approach I hate (just relying on UDFA's). I read at this board and was just dumbfounded at the Ted Thompson love. My moniker is an ode to an approach hailed by the legions here that I find wholly flawed.

Uffda is an exclamation of sensory overload. I'm just overloaded with each new UDFA that gets added to our franchise. That guy from the IFL at LB would be a great example.

They could make a book/movie, Uffda Udfa + Jumal Rolle an unlikely love story for the ages.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.