uffda udfa
8 years ago

They could make a book/movie, Uffda Udfa + Jumal Rolle an unlikely love story for the ages.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

As long as Ted Thompson isn't the director, it has a chance to great.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Ted is easily one of top 5 GMs in the league.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Ted is easily one of top 5 GMs in the league.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Based on what? Our record? Mike Sherman must've been a Top 5 GM, too, if we're basing it off record. Why was Mike Sherman's record so good? Brett Favre. Do you happen to see any parallels with Ted Thompson? They're as plain as the nose on your face.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

68md
8 years ago
Had to reread this thread twice... and still feel like I did leaving some HS parties years and years ago. Dazed and confused.

Uffda doesn't dig Ted Thompson got it. Others think he's the man with the plan great got that.

My spin here, Ted Thompson is far from a perfect GM but he's a heck of a lot better then most. Has he missed some picks ? YUP Has he made a boneheaded move or 3. YUP

However he has the franchise in a rather stable place competing for NFC North Titles and beyond every year. That's hard not to appreciate.

Last note please for the love of god don't use Goodson to defend TT. I saw that kid trip over his own feet in TC last summer... TWICE !:xcensored

DoddPower
8 years ago

Fantasy land is what I fight against, daily, on this board.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Oh your cause is incredibly noble! I hope it brings you much joy, noble sir! We would be lost without you here to constantly tells us how wrong we are and how right you are. You are really changing the world with your repetitive forum posts!

I think you've really changed a lot of minds here. You've certainly made me change my mind on everything. (I don't see sarcasm emoticon anymore or it would be used heavily here). Keep fighting the good fight!

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I have addressed the issue...there was MAJOR risk in trading your 1st for a guy who totally flamed out in Atlanta...far more risk than using your own 1st rounder on him the previous year.

It was a risk, not a major risk. Ron Wolf had two first round picks (5th overall and 19th overall) and was going after a quarterback he felt had all the tools to be a great quarterback and he also landed a quarterback guru for a head coach. When you look at the whole picture, it really wasn't as risky as some exaggerate it to be.

Something I found interesting. The Packers traded two 1993 second round picks, their 1993 fourth round pick, 1993 eighth round pick to the Dallas Cowboys for the 29 pick of the first round pick and a 1993 fourth round pick. George Teague was selected.

As for this topic, and after reviewing each of Wolf draft classes, he would take DT Jordan Phillips

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Oh your cause is incredibly noble! I hope it brings you much joy, noble sir! We would be lost without you here to constantly tells us how wrong we are and how right you are. You are really changing the world with your repetitive forum posts!

I think you've really changed a lot of minds here. You've certainly made me change my mind on everything. (I don't see sarcasm emoticon anymore or it would be used heavily here). Keep fighting the good fight!

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I do hear Triumph in my head when I'm posting regarding TT.

I can only be repetitive about Ted Thompson if there is first another glorification post about him. Sadly, you just see my responses as annoying and repetitive while being blissfully unaware of another tireless "TT is great" post. It's like it needs to be typed about all the time to convince you of something you don't really believe.

UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
8 years ago

It was a risk, not a major risk. Ron Wolf had two first round picks (5th overall and 19th overall) and was going after a quarterback he felt had all the tools to be a great quarterback and he also landed a quarterback guru for a head coach. When you look at the whole picture, it really wasn't as risky as some exaggerate it to be.

Something I found interesting. The Packers traded two 1993 second round picks, their 1993 fourth round pick, 1993 eighth round pick to the Dallas Cowboys for the 29 pick of the first round pick and a 1993 fourth round pick. George Teague was selected.

As for this topic, and after reviewing each of Wolf draft classes, he would take DT Jordan Phillips

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Trading a 1st for a player who had proven to be a total clown is beyond a major risk...that is why it NEVER happens anymore for a player like Brett was in Atlanta. Tell me the last time you saw a GM deal a 1 for a guy like Favre after what he (didn't) show in Atlanta? That is the definition of a major risk.

Will anyone deal their 1 for Manziel? He showed nothing and was a clown in Cleveland. So, if a GM deals a 1 for him it wouldn't a major risk to you? See, this time you don't have hindsight on your side because you have no clue what would happen with Manziel if he was to be dealt for a 1st. Looking at it from this side increased the risk factor...I'm not sure risk is understood in the context we're discussing it. It seems the way it worked out has made some reinvent what the word risk actually means.

UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
8 years ago

Had to reread this thread twice... and still feel like I did leaving some HS parties years and years ago. Dazed and confused.

Uffda doesn't dig Ted Thompson got it. Others think he's the man with the plan great got that.

My spin here, Ted Thompson is far from a perfect GM but he's a heck of a lot better then most. Has he missed some picks ? YUP Has he made a boneheaded move or 3. YUP

However he has the franchise in a rather stable place competing for NFC North Titles and beyond every year. That's hard not to appreciate.

Last note please for the love of god don't use Goodson to defend TT. I saw that kid trip over his own feet in TC last summer... TWICE !:xcensored

Originally Posted by: wideside 

Mike Sherman did the same as GM. He was a clown. Shermy had the Favre luxury like Ted Thompson has the Rodgers luxury, but at least Rodgers was TT's own "genius" pick.

Competing for the NFCN with the best QB to ever play is a given. Who our GM was would have zero bearing on whether we'd be in the hunt for NFCN titles. Sherman could GM us to that with Rodgers. A great GM has us with multiple rings already. That is why Ted Thompson is not a great GM. He's been there ONCE. The same thing that will be said when he's gone.

UserPostedImage

DoddPower
8 years ago

Competing for the NFCN with the best QB to ever play is a given.

I still think you give Aaron Rodgers FAR too much credit, and the rest of the Packers, including Ted Thompson, too little credit. Aaron Rodgers is NOT the "best quarterback to ever play." Perhaps he will end up that way, but he's not that yet. In order for him to be considered in the conversation for one of the best, he needs to play better in the playoffs for more than just one season and a couple other games. You can't absolve Rodgers for the Packers playoffs losses and place all the blame on Ted Thompson. A team could always be better. Absolutely. That's rhetorical. But Aaron Rodgers needs to play better in the playoffs. As do other superstars such as Clay Mathews, and many other players that are capable of playing better.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.