uffda udfa
8 years ago

I still think you give Aaron Rodgers FAR too much credit, and the rest of the Packers, including Ted Thompson, too little credit. Aaron Rodgers is NOT the "best quarterback to ever play." Perhaps he will end up that way, but he's not that yet. In order for him to be considered in the conversation for one of the best, he needs to play better in the playoffs for more than just one season and a couple other games. You can't absolve Rodgers for the Packers playoffs losses and place all the blame on Ted Thompson. A team could always be better. Absolutely. That's rhetorical. But Aaron Rodgers needs to play better in the playoffs. As do other superstars such as Clay Mathews, and many other players that are capable of playing better.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Aaron Rodgers is the best ever RIGHT NOW. Perhaps, he will tail off and not finish that way but he is the best ever right now. If he quit, today, he would leave as the best to ever play.

I do credit Aaron a bunch... his stellar play is why we ever got to even one SB under TT. He was dynamite vs. Pittsburgh and Atlanta that playoff run. Hard to point to any two playoff performances better within the same run. Two time NFL MVP and one time SB MVP. He's pretty good.

Mike Sherman could GM this team to divisional titles with Aaron Rodgers. Would you debate that?

I don't believe there is a GM in the NFL who couldn't take us to divisional titles with Aaron Rodgers as our QB.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DoddPower
8 years ago

Aaron Rodgers is the best ever RIGHT NOW. Perhaps, he will tail off and not finish that way but he is the best ever right now. If he quit, today, he would leave as the best to ever play.

I do credit Aaron a bunch... his stellar play is why we ever got to even one SB under TT. He was dynamite vs. Pittsburgh and Atlanta that playoff run. Hard to point to any two playoff performances better within the same run. Two time NFL MVP and one time SB MVP. He's pretty good.

Mike Sherman could GM this team to divisional titles with Aaron Rodgers. Would you debate that?

I don't believe there is a GM in the NFL who couldn't take us to divisional titles with Aaron Rodgers as our QB.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I just don't think Aaron Rodgers is the best ever. Not yet. If you are saying he's the best quarterback currently playing in the league, then I might agree with that. But he's definitely not the best quarterback to play in the NFL. Like it or not, Tom Brady as a whole is a better quarterback. He's won more, been a champion MANY more times, been to the Super Bowl repeatedly, and often plays pretty well when it counts. The Patriots haven't always had some crazy elite team around him. He's generally had less offensive weapons than Aaron Rodgers has ever experienced.

Aaron Rodgers is NOT the best quarterback to ever play if he quit today. That's just not true. He has to accomplish a lot more to enter that conversation. He's on the path, but he just hasn't gotten there yet. Yes, he is "pretty good," but not "best ever" or "best ever RIGHT NOW." He has to play better in the playoffs, unquestionably.

Drink that Kool-Aid you love so much, son! It's a heckuva drug! The world must look great through those Aaron Rodgers colored glasses!! :wickedfar :wickedfar
greengold
8 years ago
I can't get my head around trading for Favre being such a huge risk. Favre was the QB Wolf had scouted the year before and wanted to take with his first pick. Falcons took him instead. Wolf gets the job in GB WITH NOTHING TO LOSE. GB had not won ANYTHING in 25 years. Wolf wants his QB to build his franchise and trades for him.

Does Ron Wolf get fired if Favre doesn't work out? It wasn't like giving up 2 ones 2 twos and a 3 for John Hadl or anything. No worse than drafting Rich Campbell in the first round.

When you have nothing to lose it is hard to take a big risk.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

I can't get my head around trading for Favre being such a huge risk. Favre was the QB Wolf had scouted the year before and wanted to take with his first pick. Falcons took him instead. Wolf gets the job in GB WITH NOTHING TO LOSE. GB had not won ANYTHING in 25 years. Wolf wants his QB to build his franchise and trades for him.

Does Ron Wolf get fired if Favre doesn't work out? It wasn't like giving up 2 ones 2 twos and a 3 for John Hadl or anything. No worse than drafting Rich Campbell in the first round.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

Do you not get that Favre had proven to be a total clown in ATL. It's great Ron loved him in the previous year's draft. Do you not think that there were several guys who thought the world of Johnny Football in last year's draft? IE: Jerry Jones

Do you think Jerry is as hyped up on JF, now, or do you think the moment might have passed with what he saw out of him in CLE? RW saw the same kind of crap out of BF and STILL traded a 1 for him.

I do get what you're saying...there was no true level of expectation in Green Bay back then other than the mindless belief that the Lombardi years were going to be back every single year. I know. I remember the bumper sticker: FORREST IS GOING TO SET THE PACK ON FIRE. And who could forget the clever: PACK ATTACK! ????

The expectation level NOW should be nothing but a SB victory being satisfactory. It isn't. It's still okay to win divisions just like it was under Sherman. Nothing has changed...the expectation then is the same today. It is okay to just be good and hope for the odd SB run. Soon, that is all it will be...a hope. A distant hope with no basis in any reality. Now, we have the QB to win NOW. Let's just waste him and hope we're good. GOOD is going to be about the max we can hope for here in a few years with Aaron gone. I don't get why GREAT isn't the target today? Why isn't it?

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
8 years ago

I just don't think Aaron Rodgers is the best ever. Not yet. If you are saying he's the best quarterback currently playing in the league, then I might agree with that. But he's definitely not the best quarterback to play in the NFL. Like it or not, Tom Brady as a whole is a better quarterback. He's won more, been a champion MANY more times, been to the Super Bowl repeatedly, and often plays pretty well when it counts. The Patriots haven't always had some crazy elite team around him. He's generally had less offensive weapons than Aaron Rodgers has ever experienced.

Aaron Rodgers is NOT the best quarterback to ever play if he quit today. That's just not true. He has to accomplish a lot more to enter that conversation. He's on the path, but he just hasn't gotten there yet. Yes, he is "pretty good," but not "best ever" or "best ever RIGHT NOW." He has to play better in the playoffs, unquestionably.

Drink that Kool-Aid you love so much, son! It's a heckuva drug! The world must look great through those Aaron Rodgers colored glasses!! :wickedfar :wickedfar

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Best passer rating in history of the NFL. Best ever. He may not end that way. Today, he is the best ever.

Tom Brady was and is great...his HC is pretty good and his org is better. He's won because his org put a better team around him than ours does around our 12. That is TT's failure.

Now, SF is down...Seattle is down a little and will be after they give DangeRuss the money. Who is really standing in our way? Who is better offensively than us? If our GM could fix our D and we had not terrible ST's we could actually pad our title total. That is what we should be doing....not failing year after year with a bad defense.

UserPostedImage

DoddPower
8 years ago

Best passer rating in history of the NFL. Best ever. He may not end that way. Today, he is the best ever.

The passing rating thing is great, but that's hardly any definitive proof of greatness. It's just a stat. The most important statistic is winning championships and playoff victories, which Aaron Rodgers needs to perform better for those things to happen. I understand the defense needs to be better and I think everyone agrees, but the guy has almost everything he needs offensively to win games on that side of the ball alone. If Aaron Rodgers plays as he is capable of playing in the playoffs, the Packers will win a championship even with an average defense, which is what they currently have.

But Aaron Rodgers is not the best quarterback to ever play the game at this point in his career. Talk about a homer! :cussing:
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

Brett was not the clown in Atlanta.
He played for a clown who had no clue show talented He was or how to reign him in and develope that talent.

Wolf had done his homework, knew what Brett could become.
Not much risk at all making the trade.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
greengold
8 years ago

Do you not get that Favre had proven to be a total clown in ATL. It's great Ron loved him in the previous year's draft. Do you not think that there were several guys who thought the world of Johnny Football in last year's draft? IE: Jerry Jones

Do you think Jerry is as hyped up on JF, now, or do you think the moment might have passed with what he saw out of him in CLE? RW saw the same kind of crap out of BF and STILL traded a 1 for him.

So you are saying Jerry Jones evaluates talent as well as Ron Wolf? :angel11: Sorry your honor, I withdraw the question.

I think whatever Ron Wolf saw in Favre in '91, he still saw in him in '92. I also think he believed Holmgren could keep him in line and get the best out of him.

greengold
8 years ago
I was going to start a thread about this but I'm glad you brought it up.

Best ever? That is pretty rare company. Don't get me wrong, he is my favorite QB too. And he is undeniably one of the best playing right now. Regular season especially. But best ever?

This seems to be a mantra being chanted by those who wish to discredit Ted Thompson . The Best Ever has been starting for 7 years, Packers only have 1 championship in that time. Where are the other 6? Hmm? QB is the Best Ever. Therefore the rest of the team really sucks since they don't have 7 championships in that time.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

I was going to start a thread about this but I'm glad you brought it up.

Best ever? That is pretty rare company. Don't get me wrong, he is my favorite QB too. And he is undeniably one of the best playing right now. Regular season especially. But best ever?

This seems to be a mantra being chanted by those who wish to discredit Ted Thompson . The Best Ever has been starting for 7 years, Packers only have 1 championship in that time. Where are the other 6? Hmm? QB is the Best Ever. Therefore the rest of the team really sucks since they don't have 7 championships in that time.

My belief in Aaron Rodgers came long before my disdain of TT. I don't prop up Aaron to discredit TT...I discredit Ted Thompson because I believe that much in Aaron Rodgers. Do we even get to the SB without Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind? Nope.

Aaron was the best college QB I'd ever seen. You have no idea how ecstatic I was he became a Packer...I wanted Favre gone anyway but especially when we drafted Aaron. The rest of the team is NOT good enough. I know many of you believe DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS...we don't have a D anywhere near close to validate that tired refrain. Our D was horrific in 2011 and we almost went 16-0. Rodgers is THAT good. Nelson and Cobb aren't the greatest WR's in the game. We didn't have anyone special at RB that season. The OL was nothing to write home about. I can only imagine a Rodgers led team in his prime with a stout D. That time is quickly fading...TT is wasting him by FAILING MISERABLY to build a SB level D.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.