greengold
8 years ago

Ironically, I have been in the fantasy playoffs for the last 10 years running. I won both my leagues last year. You nailed me on that one. My favorite thing about winning one of my leagues is Yahoo! graded my draft an "F" and said I was "trying to throw my season". The experts...they are everywhere.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Is that kind of like making the NFL playoffs 7 of the last 8 years? Last I heard you had to make the NFL playoffs to have a chance to win the Superbowl. Is it the same way in the FFL?

DoddPower
8 years ago

I'd be willing to bet ol' kool-aid is a Fantasy Football Champion. He probably DOMINATES his league. What is his secret?

Each year he starts out with Aaron Rodgers (Dynasty League.) Then he surrounds ARod with "Quality Veteran Free Agents." He finds them by their 40 time posted at the combine many years ago. That's basically all he needs to know about a player. Well, that and were they drafted in the first or second round. If they weren't they might not have even been invited to the combine to have an official combine 40 time.

Ol' kool-aid doesn't rely on the draft at all. It is a little known fact that most players are much better with their 2nd or 3rd team than with their first. Therefore it is not a good idea, EVER, to rely on draft picks to be major contributors to your franchise. Only "Quality Veteran Free Agents" should be relied on to contribute.

In 2011 after winning his 4th consecutive FFL Superbowl he called Ted Thompson to share his secret to success. All Ted Thompson has to do is surround Aaron with "Quality Veteran Free Agents" and the Packers can win the Superbowl every year just like Uffda! Can you believe that A-hole Thompson never called him back? What an A-hole!

Now, we have two GMs with the same starting QB. One has won FIVE world Fantasy Championships with Aaron Rodgers at QB. One has only won one NFL Championship (and he's an A-hole that doesn't return calls.) Which one are you going to put your faith in?

Originally Posted by: greengold 

Don't forget Madden franchises for ole' kool aid boi, too!
Smokey
8 years ago
1st) There is are threads for discussing fantasy football !

2nd) TT's method is to build through the draft, yet free agents do find their way to the Packers.

3rd) Ted Thompson may say that he drafts the Best Player Available, but history shows that he to fills need 1st. He has done so constantly.

4th) A certain amount of luck comes into play when trying to predict what draft picks can even transition to the Pro's. Moreover that a player will start or become a Star.

Let us hope that Ted Thompson will make good decisions and The Packers win the next Super Bowl !
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Nerd...character? Are you kidding. What do my posts about a game you watch on TV have to do with my personal character? One of my pet peeves in life is deification of a game and it's participants. I despise cult like thinking. That is what is pervasive here...people all tickling each others ears over a game they mostly watch on TV. Ted Thompson is not what he is made out to be. Fantasy land is what I fight against, daily, on this board.

Your post suggest to me a small minded, pissy little twit of a person who always has to get the last word. But that's just my own take on it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Your post suggest to me a small minded, pissy little twit of a person who always has to get the last word. But that's just my own take on it.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Ha. I go against your grain so I must be a certain way? As a debater of a game you watch on TV, I might be a little obnoxious to you. Has zero to do with me as a human being. I realize what we're discussing. If you take it that seriously perhaps you shouldn't be a sports fan. Would you get this upset about what I type if we were discussing Star Trek or the The Walking Dead? It's about the extent of what we're doing here.

You are pretty wordy yourself. You also type ridiculous things with your they s*hit themselves. Real mature.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
8 years ago

Wow. fantasy playoffs 10 years running. Won both leagues last year. Very impressive.

I don't want to be the one to break this to you, but you might want to look up the definition of "fantasy" before you keep on trying to convince us you know TT's job better than he does.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

Thanks. I had no idea that FF and NFL football had nothing to do with each other. I learn so much here.

You might want to look up the definition and then really look at your hero, TT, and see if it might apply to you and your thinking.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
8 years ago

Ha. I go against your grain so I must be a certain way? As a debater of a game you watch on TV, I might be a little obnoxious to you. Has zero to do with me as a human being. I realize what we're discussing. If you take it that seriously perhaps you shouldn't be a sports fan. Would you get this upset about what I type if we were discussing Star Trek or the The Walking Dead? It's about the extent of what we're doing here.

You are pretty wordy yourself. You also type ridiculous things with your they s*hit themselves. Real mature.

Well I like you Uffda. You bring out that nastiness that people are just dying to get rid. I do the same with the clueless Repugs, "Wherever I may roam!"

Keep it up, I very much appreciate how you can fend off several posters. Just leave my little grasshopper alone.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

lol, you asked.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
On Aaron's weekly Tuesday with Aaron  show he has stated his support of Thompson.

Aaron most certainly does NOT believe in TT...where did that come from? Fantasy land?

Do you even realize you're insulting Aaron right here?

I like where we're at. Obviously, there were some discussions about not doing a lot in free agency. Like I said, this seems to be the Packer way where you draft a guy in your system and you pay them.

Aaron Rodgers (2013-Apr-27) wrote:

Aaron understands how Ted Thompson operates. Aaron prides himself on being intelligent and signing a five year extension with a team who's General Manager you do not believe in would be quite stupid.

I have never said Ted Thompson has ignored the D ( a made up thing to try and discredit me), I have said the exact opposite.

And where did I say that you did?

Did Woodson believe in TT? Think real hard and google before you answer. Might not like what you find...same with Aaron.

Why Google when you can Bing!!! Anyhow, Charles Woodson contacted the Packers when his Raiders contract expired to test the waters about coming back. The Packers showed no interest and he re-signed with the Raiders.

You really don't follow this team all that closely to make ridiculous statements like Aaron has the utmost faith in TT. Utter garbage.

Although I cannot boast about back-to-back championship seasons against five middle school students in Fantasy Football, I am confident I have more clarity, objectivity and understanding about the game of football and its operations and knowledge about the Packers than yourself, sir.

You sir come off like someone who always has to go against popular convention, against the grain if you will. In fact, I bet your hatred for Thompson began sometime around March 2011. Think about it. Now hey, as a website owner that has a discussion board, I love your contrarian mindset. 🙂
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

Same old bullshit, every thread,subject doesn't matter, always turns into Uffda trying to explain why Ted Thompson shouldn't be GM.

Glad you enjoy it.

Uffda making an ass out of himself time after time was fun for awhile, now it's just plain boring spam.

Btw, I think Ron Wolf would grab either war or TE at number 30, that is if he couldn't trade down.
Same as what I think TedThompson should do.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

If anyone is an expert on boring, it's you Buckeye!

Thompson is a better drafter than Ron Wolf. Wolf is just lucky Favre got somewhat sober and had a great quarterback coach in Andy Reid. Wolf's genius in Green Bay was getting Reggie White, Sean Jones, Santana Dotson and various other free agents.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.