mi_keys
8 years ago

It is hilarious to me that we have a JSO piece linked on the front page about TT's draft day trades. Curiously, that wasn't created as a topic with another tireless line about how great Ted Thompson is from a poster, here. Why was that not done? If you look at his draft day trades...pretty abysmal...really abysmal, actually. Of course, Clay Matthews! Clay Matthews! Go look at the rest. I love that he got DJ Williams at TE instead of Julius Thomas. It fits right in with NOBODY deciding to actually grade each Ted Thompson draft individually. That wasn't done because your contention that he was a stellar drafter goes up in smoke by the weight of evidence against that crazy statement. Those who look at him and study him objectively know he's not anywhere near worthy of the accolades he receives.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You state people who study him objectively know he's not that good. Yet, in your summary of his draft day trades you imply we only got Clay Matthews in naming him, only him, and challenging us to look at the rest of his trades. Real objective of you to miss out on pro bowlers Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, and Eddie Lacy. Not to mention a handful of other good players. We only got Clay... and three other pro bowlers... but hey it sounds a lot worse if I say he only got the one.

I can't take you seriously if that's your concept of objective.
Born and bred a cheesehead
uffda udfa
8 years ago

You state people who study him objectively know he's not that good. Yet, in your summary of his draft day trades you imply we only got Clay Matthews in naming him, only him, and challenging us to look at the rest of his trades. Real objective of you to miss out on pro bowlers Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, and Eddie Lacy. Not to mention a handful of other good players. We only got Clay... and three other pro bowlers... but hey it sounds a lot worse if I say he only got the one.

I can't take you seriously if that's your concept of objective.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Again, you stretch and misstate what I've said to try and defend against what I've typed. I merely typed that the first thing anyone here would type when it came to draft day trades was...CLAY MATTHEWS! CLAY MATTHEWS because that is the extent of what most people here know with their lack of study. I read the piece. Nobody made a topic out of it because it wasn't flattering to TT. Odd. The objectivity level here goes...if it tickles my ears and makes me feel good...BOOM! Let's make a topic. If it doesn't flatter me and my opinions, let's avoid it like the plague and spin like crazy if it is. I tired of you guys posting Ted Thompson is great posts every other minute so I provide counter to your dizzying statements of what you perceive as truth that really isn't truth but rather you desire to have your ears tickled. The masses or strength in numbers works for a cult but it has nothing to do with what is actually truth. It is interesting the ire I seem to raise for having a counter opinion...the same kind of ire a cult would show for someone preaching counter to their held belief. If you were really so secure in your belief little ol' UU wouldn't tie you up in knots.

If you feel things discredit me by all means hold to them...you know that isn't legit but neither is your perception of Ted Thompson so I would expect to you be wrong on me, also. GRADE HIS DRAFTS...DO IT. Tell me he's STELLAR. Do it.

Ron was lousy in the 1st round. He got Favre and that covered ills like Rodgers does for TT. The difference is when Ron sucked, he fixed it. When Ted Thompson sucks, he doesn't. He just adds more UDFA's and drafts the next year. That difference is huge. Ron could admit his mistakes by adding outside pieces... Ted Thompson doesn't and loves to be thought of as the smartest guy in the room.

Ron hasn't seen a D this devoid before so I think he'd draft a ton of LB's and DL's and a few corners. Ron drafted 3 straight CB's one year to combat Moss. Ron saw something wrong and was passionate to try and fix it. Ted Thompson doesn't do such things...just even keel all the time...no need to fix the D while 12's career ticks down...just stay the course and MAYBE we'll get there. Ron would MAKE IT OKAY...TT HOPES it will be okay. Ted Thompson is a whatever happens happens kind of a guy. Ron was a I don't like this BS and I'm gonna fix it type. That is why I loved him so much. Not a great drafter...but a full on passionate man who wanted to win, win, and win some more. Ted Thompson just wants to plod along and hide behind Rodgers greatness. Ron tried enhancing Favre's greatness with all those FA's on a load up on what many of TT's sycophants would call "trying to buy a championship" as if that cheapens what he did.

Make some bold moves TT. For once in your life as GM do SOMETHING BIG AND BOLD. This same vanilla boring approach is wasting our special QB's career.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
8 years ago

On Aaron's weekly Tuesday with Aaron  show he has stated his support of Thompson.

Do you even realize you're insulting Aaron right here? Aaron understands how Ted Thompson operates. Aaron prides himself on being intelligent and signing a five year extension with a team who's General Manager you do not believe in would be quite stupid.

And where did I say that you did?

Why Google when you can Bing!!! Anyhow, Charles Woodson contacted the Packers when his Raiders contract expired to test the waters about coming back. The Packers showed no interest and he re-signed with the Raiders.

Although I cannot boast about back-to-back championship seasons against five middle school students in Fantasy Football, I am confident I have more clarity, objectivity and understanding about the game of football and its operations and knowledge about the Packers than yourself, sir.

You sir come off like someone who always has to go against popular convention, against the grain if you will. In fact, I bet your hatred for Thompson began sometime around March 2011. Think about it. Now hey, as a website owner that has a discussion board, I love your contrarian mindset. :-)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You clearly don't understand, K Aaron Rodgers is not in any way shape or former in favor of TT's approach. On another board, I raised this issue and their "Barfarn" tried debating me on it. Oh, how that guy was twisted up in knots trying to defend the indefensible I give him credit because he ultimately typed that Aaron wasn't unhappy with TT, he just understood him. He just sugarcoated the thing I'd been saying all along that he doesn't support TT...oh, but he understands him as if that means that he is in support. He has been forced to understand to go with an approach that he himself doesn't support. Understanding is not being supportive. I understand your lack of ability to deal with the truth of Ted Thompson that doesn't mean I support it. I don't.

I assure you that you understand less. Sounds arrogant...not meant that way. I spent several years in sports media and saw a totally different side of things the regular fan would. It doesn't make me better, but it gave me a perspective many here will never have on the game. I was in constant contact with agents, former GM's, former players, etc. I love the pro game and was close to it for many years. It became very different for me from when I was a fan to when I went to a career. I lost a lot of what you have here. I can tell you from the other side things look a whole lot different than they do from a fan's perspective. I am back to being a fan and have been for many years. The lessons I take forward are great and varied. Objectivity being the biggest. I see Green Bay from an non biased fans point of view now. Objectivity came to roost many years ago and I assure the average fan has never been introduced to the concept.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

mi_keys
8 years ago

Again, you stretch and misstate what I've said to try and defend against what I've typed. I merely typed that the first thing anyone here would type when it came to draft day trades was...CLAY MATTHEWS! CLAY MATTHEWS because that is the extent of what most people here know with their lack of study. I read the piece. Nobody made a topic out of it because it wasn't flattering to TT. Odd. The objectivity level here goes...if it tickles my ears and makes me feel good...BOOM! Let's make a topic. If it doesn't flatter me and my opinions, let's avoid it like the plague and spin like crazy if it is. I tired of you guys posting Ted Thompson is great posts every other minute so I provide counter to your dizzying statements of what you perceive as truth that really isn't truth but rather you desire to have your ears tickled. The masses or strength in numbers works for a cult but it has nothing to do with what is actually truth. It is interesting the ire I seem to raise for having a counter opinion...the same kind of ire a cult would show for someone preaching counter to their held belief. If you were really so secure in your belief little ol' UU wouldn't tie you up in knots.

If you feel things discredit me by all means hold to them...you know that isn't legit but neither is your perception of Ted Thompson so I would expect to you be wrong on me, also. GRADE HIS DRAFTS...DO IT. Tell me he's STELLAR. Do it.

Ron was lousy in the 1st round. He got Favre and that covered ills like Rodgers does for TT. The difference is when Ron sucked, he fixed it. When Ted Thompson sucks, he doesn't. He just adds more UDFA's and drafts the next year. That difference is huge. Ron could admit his mistakes by adding outside pieces... Ted Thompson doesn't and loves to be thought of as the smartest guy in the room.

Ron hasn't seen a D this devoid before so I think he'd draft a ton of LB's and DL's and a few corners. Ron drafted 3 straight CB's one year to combat Moss. Ron saw something wrong and was passionate to try and fix it. Ted Thompson doesn't do such things...just even keel all the time...no need to fix the D while 12's career ticks down...just stay the course and MAYBE we'll get there. Ron would MAKE IT OKAY...TT HOPES it will be okay. Ted Thompson is a whatever happens happens kind of a guy. Ron was a I don't like this BS and I'm gonna fix it type. That is why I loved him so much. Not a great drafter...but a full on passionate man who wanted to win, win, and win some more. Ted Thompson just wants to plod along and hide behind Rodgers greatness. Ron tried enhancing Favre's greatness with all those FA's on a load up on what many of TT's sycophants would call "trying to buy a championship" as if that cheapens what he did.

Make some bold moves TT. For once in your life as GM do SOMETHING BIG AND BOLD. This same vanilla boring approach is wasting our special QB's career.

The extent of your analysis was to name Clay Matthews, our biggest miss on the entire list, and call the whole thing abysmal. Are you going to suggest what you've done is an objective analysis?

You've asserted it's not flattering. The article simply lists the players on each side of the deal. You assert it's abysmal. Can you expound on that? Did you compare it to the players on the other side of the draft other than Julius Thomas? Did you compare the success rates to NFL averages? How many starters did TT's picks yield versus the ones he traded away? How long on average we're these draft picks contributors on each of their teams? How long on average did these picks stay in the NFL and how many games did they play/start? Can you answer any of these questions or provide some other objective analysis? Or are you just going to shout opinions as facts again and again?

And way to assume Clay Matthews is the only pick any of us know. Many of us quite fondly remember Ted Thompson trade raping the Patsies in the Greg Jennings for Chad Jackson trade. Many of us also remember the Worthy flop. And much, much more. Maybe you should do less speaking for what you presume others to know and more actually trying to back a statement with some objective points.

Speaking of, would you mind quoting yourself where you've provided objective analysis on each of TT's drafts?

You draw ire from people because you're an abrasive dick to anyone and everyone who has a differing opinion.

Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

You clearly don't understand, K Aaron Rodgers is not in any way shape or former in favor of TT's approach. On another board, I raised this issue and their "Barfarn" tried debating me on it. Oh, how that guy was twisted up in knots trying to defend the indefensible I give him credit because he ultimately typed that Aaron wasn't unhappy with TT, he just understood him. He just sugarcoated the thing I'd been saying all along that he doesn't support TT...oh, but he understands him as if that means that he is in support. He has been forced to understand to go with an approach that he himself doesn't support. Understanding is not being supportive. I understand your lack of ability to deal with the truth of Ted Thompson that doesn't mean I support it. I don't.

I assure you that you understand less. Sounds arrogant...not meant that way. I spent several years in sports media and saw a totally different side of things the regular fan would. It doesn't make me better, but it gave me a perspective many here will never have on the game. I was in constant contact with agents, former GM's, former players, etc. I love the pro game and was close to it for many years. It became very different for me from when I was a fan to when I went to a career. I lost a lot of what you have here. I can tell you from the other side things look a whole lot different than they do from a fan's perspective. I am back to being a fan and have been for many years. The lessons I take forward are great and varied. Objectivity being the biggest. I see Green Bay from an non biased fans point of view now. Objectivity came to roost many years ago and I assure the average fan has never been introduced to the concept.

I wonder if this is why some get annoyed with you. I mean, I touched on several of your points and instead of countering them, you start talking in circles about someone else in your response. Extremely disappointing. You show no desire to hear others out, you simply want to regurgitate your words over and over again until it is the single voice.

I appreciate your convictions of your utter hatred for someone you never met and everything they have done. The part that I find discouraging and greatly disappointing (as a forum owner) is you care not about learning that you may not be 100% correct. Instead, you plug your thumbs in your ears and continue to shout over and over and over until everyone is drowned out and only your voice is heard. Thus, you must be right!

One of the great things about a discussion board is being shown something NEW that you did not know previously by complete strangers who could actually be former Agents, or current NFL players, or current Head Coaches, or members of the CURRENT media. It would great to debate the legends of Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson, but not with you, not when you're like this anyhow.

I can't judge you though, because, I'm the same way when it comes to Barry Sanders. Ain't no one gonna convince me that there was a better runner in the NFL than he was. =p~
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I wonder if this is why some get annoyed with you. I mean, I touched on several of your points and instead of countering them, you start talking in circles about someone else in your response. Extremely disappointing. You show no desire to hear others out, you simply want to regurgitate your words over and over again until it is the single voice.

I appreciate your convictions of your utter hatred for someone you never met and everything they have done. The part that I find discouraging and greatly disappointing (as a forum owner) is you care not about learning that you may not be 100% correct. Instead, you plug your thumbs in your ears and continue to shout over and over and over until everyone is drowned out and only your voice is heard. Thus, you must be right!

One of the great things about a discussion board is being shown something NEW that you did not know previously by complete strangers who could actually be former Agents, or current NFL players, or current Head Coaches, or members of the CURRENT media. It would great to debate the legends of Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson, but not with you, not when you're like this anyhow.

I can't judge you though, because, I'm the same way when it comes to Barry Sanders. Ain't no one gonna convince me that there was a better runner in the NFL than he was. =p~

We agree on Barry Sanders. I don't hate Ted Thompson and have said that over and over ...go look in the recent threads. Again, misstatements of things I have never said. It's more common than an ear tickling Ted Thompson post.

The points you believe are raised are ones I've considered long before I came to my viewpoint. I do believe a person can always learn something but when it comes to Ted Thompson there is nothing I think I've ever read here that makes me even begin to consider I might be wrong about what I believe. I'm 100% sold on my viewpoint because I know the work and time put in to come to it. I guarantee many of those promoting Ted Thompson are doing so based solely on our regular season record and division titles. There isn't much else to base it off of unless you're one of those who love talking about salary cap. Having some money on the cap sure is helpful when you didn't have a better product on the field that caused you to lose. Who knows? If Ted Thompson didn't just love his UDFA's so much perhaps a guy like Bostick isn't on the field to blow an onside kick that helped cost a trip to the show.

You obviously haven't been on the other side of this like I have. I assure you if you spent the years I did on the other side you wouldn't see this side the same as you do now. That is a lead pipe stone cold lock. If you went on a sincere journey to judge the Packers like you would some other team in the NFL that engenders no hate or love for you and worked hard to apply that same methodology to the Packers you would see them a whole nother way. You haven
't...therefore you can't be objective...only fool yourself into the idea that you are.

It floors me the things I read here. It's as if you think I want to be anti-TT. I don't want to be pro or con on him ...I just assess based on what he's done and not done. Overall, I find him to be a touch above middle of the road. I know for you he's a Packer and our team wins so it must follow he's one heckuva GM. Sherman had a stellar record as a GM but he wasn't a good GM. Ted Thompson is so so. I didn't love Ron Wolf just to love him...I loved the guy for who he was and how he operated. Ted Thompson is not Wolf... not even close. I don't happen to care for Ted Thompson and his approach. I don't come here just be against the grain. It just so happens I dislike immensely cult like thinking based on nothing but sentimentality. I have asked over and over for you or someone to grade TT's drafts. My guess is someone has done it and realized how it really looks and that's why nobody has posted their findings. Who wouldn't love to stick to me and shut me up with some facts? You sure would...but you can't. Who can say Ted Thompson can build a defense? Where is that person? Where? Who can deny Ted Thompson hasn't dumped resource after resource into our D with little to no results? I would say no great GM is as incapable of building one side of the ball. You can't be great if you can't build a respectable entire side of the football. Ted Thompson hasn't done that so how is he a great GM? How? How many years does he get?----another question that NEVER gets answered. I may "shout" to you but it's because the thinking and ideas held here are based on sentimentality and there are very few who look at Ted Thompson and their team with an ounce of objectivity. Yeah, I just love thinking that our org is not as good as it was in the mid 90's...I just decided one day that I was never going to like any organization except for the mid 90's version. C'mon man...I disliked the Sherman era and I dislike the Ted Thompson era, also. Bring in a winner and I'll be happy again. Harbaugh would've thrilled me. Hated to see him go to Michigan... that is the kind of passion we need in GB from the HC position. If we could get a GM like the way Harbaugh is I would be ecstatic. Elway is a little reckless but I love how he goes for it...he wants to win...NOW. Let's see if all the gloom and doom spouted against his kind of approach really affects the Broncos in a few years. I doubt it will.

UserPostedImage

Barfarn
8 years ago

I...the...freaking...freaking trainwreck.

Absolute foolishness on full display here.

...jump in a raging river....it....really fun...

A word speaks a thousand pictures. Glad to see you finally get it!

Favre's college drinking exploits were legendary. He was signed as a DB, but wanted to play QB and moved from #7 on D Chart to playing in 3rd game of Fresh year. B4 that game he was puking from a hangover and entered in 2nd Q leading USM to come from behind victory. And started every other game at USM despite a laundry list of injuries and concussions served up by his porous OL, which allowed him to be battered. Unlike Manzial, he was never suspended by NCAA ; benched by his team ; never mouthed off to his coaches; never got into a bar fight and showed cops a fake ID. But, he was in a 3 flip over car accident, had 30" of his intestines removed, and QB'd a game 6 weeks after that surgery, leading USM to upset win over 'Bama. The ‘Bama coach said, “You can call it a miracle or a legend or whatever you want to. I just know that on that day, Brett Favre was larger than life.” Wolf was enthralled w/ Favre’s intangible qualities of toughness and to do whatever was necessary for his mates and the team.

Wolf knew all this stuff and still had Favre clear #1 [1 in 10 year player] on his draft board. In ’91 he did everything he could to trade up above Atl and couldn't; he was only willing to give up an extra 3rd for Favre. Wolf could have given up several firsts and seconds to move up into top 5 to assure getting this 1 in 10 yr player; but that was too risky for the conservative and risk-averse Wolf. In’92 he had a chance to get this guy instead of for a #34 and #63 in ‘91 for a #19 in ‘92.

Zero, provides a very interesting; relevant issue that is introduced with poise, class and a display of intelligence, that is, Zero posts like a real man. Learning of this degenerative hip thing AFTER ’91 increased the inherent risk of any draft pick and this may be viewed as a little risky to a lot risky. Wolf did know Dr. Mac gave at least 4-5 yrs. Given that the disease was caught early; Favre was young; treatments would delay further onset; Favre could play though considerable pain delaying the disease’s effects; and the likelihood it was caused by booze and steroids [taken to heal from car accident], which reverse the disease if controlled; Wolf factoring the inherent risk of a draft pick with the inherent risk of injury because their body is less than perfect was 100% reasonable in obtaining Favre not “balls out” stupid.

But, Just as Buckeye said, evasion evasion evasion; Deception answering questions w/ questions; showing you got no substantive thing to say. A bunch of red-herrings And strawmen: the issue is whether Wolf was a “balls out” risk taker. So, the debate MUST INCLUDE Wolf’s perception of that risk. A meteor is hurling thru the atmosphere about to hit your car; if you know it and run to your car [a beat up 200,000 mile Chey Aveo 1 door –just a hatchback, no side doors] one could say you’re taking a risk. If you have no idea the meteor is coming...you’re not taking any risk whatsoever.

Again the facts show that based on what Wolf knew at the time of all his transactions prove he was not a “balls out” risk taker! Drafting Favre w/ that hip condition is no more risky than Ted Thompson taking Lacey in 2nd w/ cold air asthma and chronic foot issues.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
All the garbage you just inked up, I already made counter points and you insulted those efforts by rudely ignoring them while pumping out 400 words of dribble to drown them out. You try this whole woe is me thing as if you have credit worthy of being discredited or something. You are the one I see attempting to slander others, including me. Try to convey your opinion using more facts and less hyperbolic garbage.

Bottom line, you think Ted Thompson is garbage, that is wonderful and some disagree and that is equally wonderful. I'm more so in the ballpark that I think Ted Thompson is doing a good job, I wouldn't say great or he's legendary. Thompson has said the coaching staff is Mike McCarthy's responsibility to hire and fire. Personally, I think the defensive failures come down to Dom Capers and injuries.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

All the garbage you just inked up, I already made counter points and you insulted those efforts by rudely ignoring them while pumping out 400 words of dribble to drown them out. You try this whole woe is me thing as if you have credit worthy of being discredited or something. You are the one I see attempting to slander others, including me. Try to convey your opinion using more facts and less hyperbolic garbage.

Bottom line, you think Ted Thompson is garbage, that is wonderful and some disagree and that is equally wonderful. I'm more so in the ballpark that I think Ted Thompson is doing a good job, I wouldn't say great or he's legendary. Thompson has said the coaching staff is Mike McCarthy's responsibility to hire and fire. Personally, I think the defensive failures come down to Dom Capers and injuries.

What point would you like me to respond to? Serious question. Aaron Rodgers doesn't support TT's ways. Signing a contract to stay here doesn't mean that he does. Woodson wanting to return is not a validation of TT. Why do you think either one of those things are? I'm not quite sure I see what you're seeing. So, every NFL player who has ever re-upped is in full favor of what their GM is doing, generally speaking? Of course, they're in favor of a GM giving them millions of dollars, that goes without saying. It has nothing to do with how they feel about what else they're doing.

Sometimes, I see points raised that I truly think aren't worth responding to...not because I can't... it just makes little sense to engage in them. I have asked people to grade drafts...crickets. I have asked how long he gets to build a decent D...crickets. Those are important questions especially in light of the claims made here about what a wonderful drafter he is. He ain't. There is no evidence that he is...just sentimentality. Guy doesn't use FA hardly at all so we can't grade him well, there. So, he's not a great drafter, not great with FA, so what is he? Good at saving money on the cap by using UDFA's which he is good at. I'm not sure that finding UDFA's that turn out to be decent players over adding true gamechangers is all that worthy of praise. 12's career goes tick, tick, tick...keep flooding our roster with the Jayrone Elliot's of the world. I like that kid, but he isn't a gamechanger. Ted Thompson would rather settle for a decent player to pay him peanuts than to pay for a stud. Oh, he does pay his own...great. That keeps things status quo...it doesn't improve our team. I think he learned his lesson when he let Cullen Jenkins go for peanuts and our D fell apart and hasn't been the same since.

UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
8 years ago

A word speaks a thousand pictures. Glad to see you finally get it!

Favre's college drinking exploits were legendary. He was signed as a DB, but wanted to play QB and moved from #7 on D Chart to playing in 3rd game of Fresh year. B4 that game he was puking from a hangover and entered in 2nd Q leading USM to come from behind victory. And started every other game at USM despite a laundry list of injuries and concussions served up by his porous OL, which allowed him to be battered. Unlike Manzial, he was never suspended by NCAA ; benched by his team ; never mouthed off to his coaches; never got into a bar fight and showed cops a fake ID. But, he was in a 3 flip over car accident, had 30" of his intestines removed, and QB'd a game 6 weeks after that surgery, leading USM to upset win over 'Bama. The ‘Bama coach said, “You can call it a miracle or a legend or whatever you want to. I just know that on that day, Brett Favre was larger than life.” Wolf was enthralled w/ Favre’s intangible qualities of toughness and to do whatever was necessary for his mates and the team.

Wolf knew all this stuff and still had Favre clear #1 [1 in 10 year player] on his draft board. In ’91 he did everything he could to trade up above Atl and couldn't; he was only willing to give up an extra 3rd for Favre. Wolf could have given up several firsts and seconds to move up into top 5 to assure getting this 1 in 10 yr player; but that was too risky for the conservative and risk-averse Wolf. In’92 he had a chance to get this guy instead of for a #34 and #63 in ‘91 for a #19 in ‘92.

Zero, provides a very interesting; relevant issue that is introduced with poise, class and a display of intelligence, that is, Zero posts like a real man. Learning of this degenerative hip thing AFTER ’91 increased the inherent risk of any draft pick and this may be viewed as a little risky to a lot risky. Wolf did know Dr. Mac gave at least 4-5 yrs. Given that the disease was caught early; Favre was young; treatments would delay further onset; Favre could play though considerable pain delaying the disease’s effects; and the likelihood it was caused by booze and steroids [taken to heal from car accident], which reverse the disease if controlled; Wolf factoring the inherent risk of a draft pick with the inherent risk of injury because their body is less than perfect was 100% reasonable in obtaining Favre not “balls out” stupid.

But, Just as Buckeye said, evasion evasion evasion; Deception answering questions w/ questions; showing you got no substantive thing to say. A bunch of red-herrings And strawmen: the issue is whether Wolf was a “balls out” risk taker. So, the debate MUST INCLUDE Wolf’s perception of that risk. A meteor is hurling thru the atmosphere about to hit your car; if you know it and run to your car [a beat up 200,000 mile Chey Aveo 1 door –just a hatchback, no side doors] one could say you’re taking a risk. If you have no idea the meteor is coming...you’re not taking any risk whatsoever.

Again the facts show that based on what Wolf knew at the time of all his transactions prove he was not a “balls out” risk taker! Drafting Favre w/ that hip condition is no more risky than Ted Thompson taking Lacey in 2nd w/ cold air asthma and chronic foot issues.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Vacuous. I ask you questions all the time you won't go near because the answer is not flattering to your argument. How many paragraphs do you wish to type about Favre's hip. You are the one who claimed and still claims there was no risk involved. Might be the single dumbest thing I've read by the smartest of posters.

Watching you kiss up with zero and buck... that is priceless. Truly. It makes me smile. You know your audience and play to it well. I'm not interested in such things...I prefer reality to suck uppage.

You keep mocking me and playing to the peanut gallery here. You're smart enough to realize what is going on here. It'd be nice to see a little more sincerity and lot less pedantic banter.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.