Smokey
8 years ago

Vacuous. I ask you questions all the time you won't go near because the answer is not flattering to your argument. How many paragraphs do you wish to type about Favre's hip. You are the one who claimed and still claims there was no risk involved. Might be the single dumbest thing I've read by the smartest of posters.

Watching you kiss up with zero and buck... that is priceless. Truly. It makes me smile. You know your audience and play to it well. I'm not interested in such things...I prefer reality to suck uppage.

You keep mocking me and playing to the peanut gallery here. You're smart enough to realize what is going on here. It'd be nice to see a little more sincerity and lot less pedantic banter.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If anyone has personally attacked you, then that is wrong. However if you drew first blood, instead of presenting a logical or humorous post, then you invited retaliation. My advice to you is to drink less caffeinated beverages and try to be a more pleasant fellow. After all no one expects to be agreed with on all issues. Good debaters don't attack their opposition personally, but present a well crafted argument that expresses their position. A little less anger and a little more congeniality would serve you well.

I'm simply asking you to be the nice guy that I believe that you really are. Please !
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

If anyone has personally attacked you, then that is wrong. However if you drew first blood, instead of presenting a logical or humorous post, then you invited retaliation. My advice to you is to drink less caffeinated beverages and try to be a more pleasant fellow. After all no one expects to be agreed with on all issues. Good debaters don't attack their opposition personally, but present a well crafted argument that expresses their position. A little less anger and a little more congeniality would serve you well.

I'm simply asking you to be the nice guy that I believe that you really are. Please !

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Thanks. I've done what you suggested. Ask Buck. Buck is my biggest fan.

BTW, I don't drink caffeine. Never tasted coffee. I don't drink soda or tea. So, what you see is caffeine free. No drugs or alcohol, either.

I can easily be "nice"...not easy to come across that way when you have a bastion of thinking that is counter to reality. You're not going to be popular telling a group of folks who believe a falsehood that they're wrong. That never ends well. Turn on any news channel as you well know and you'll see it every single day. In this case, there is a right or wrong answer. Some of it is opinion...some not. He is not a great drafter. He is not a great GM. Not so sure why that is so hard for people to accept?

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

greengold
8 years ago

I have asked how long he gets to build a decent D...crickets. Those are important questions especially in light of the claims made here about what a wonderful drafter he is. He ain't. There is no evidence that he is...just sentimentality. Guy doesn't use FA hardly at all so we can't grade him well, there. So, he's not a great drafter, not great with FA, so what is he? Good at saving money on the cap by using UDFA's which he is good at. I'm not sure that finding UDFA's that turn out to be decent players over adding true gamechangers is all that worthy of praise. 12's career goes tick, tick, tick...blah blah blah

You keep saying this. They will never win it all because of the D (according to you.) Ted Thompson is incapable of fielding a team on D good enough to win it all.

I submit that the defense last year was good enough to win it all. Not on day 1 of the season, but the defense the second half of the season and in the playoffs was every bit good enough. The season didn't end prematurely due to the defense. Would a better ILB have changed the outcome of that playoff game? No. The offense was obviously good enough. Best Ever could have had a better game that day, maybe that would have tipped the balance. But most would not question whether the offense is good enough.

Was the special teams good enough to win it all? Probably, but ultimately no since special teams mistakes ended the season. Was that due to talent level of the players or coaching? The scapegoat players have been cut and have caught on with other teams. The coach has been fired.

You can say team X won't win it all this year because of Y. There is an 80-90% chance you will be right. Not necessarily on the "because of Y" part, but whether you are talking Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, Colts, Broncos, whoever, none of them have better than 10-20% chance of winning it all this year. Just a fact of life.

Your total disdain for "make the playoffs and see what happens" is amusing. That is how it works. The team with the highest payroll of the most free agents or even the "best" team is not guaranteed a championship or even an award.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

You keep saying this. They will never win it all because of the D (according to you.) Ted Thompson is incapable of fielding a team on D good enough to win it all.

I submit that the defense last year was good enough to win it all. Not on day 1 of the season, but the defense the second half of the season and in the playoffs was every bit good enough. The season didn't end prematurely due to the defense. Would a better ILB have changed the outcome of that playoff game? No. The offense was obviously good enough. Best Ever could have had a better game that day, maybe that would have tipped the balance. But most would not question whether the offense is good enough.

Was the special teams good enough to win it all? Probably, but ultimately no since special teams mistakes ended the season. Was that due to talent level of the players or coaching? The scapegoat players have been cut and have caught on with other teams. The coach has been fired.

You can say team X won't win it all this year because of Y. There is an 80-90% chance you will be right. Not necessarily on the "because of Y" part, but whether you are talking Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, Colts, Broncos, whoever, none of them have better than 10-20% chance of winning it all this year. Just a fact of life.

Your total disdain for "make the playoffs and see what happens" is amusing. That is how it works. The team with the highest payroll of the most free agents or even the "best" team is not guaranteed a championship or even an award.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

Rodgers on one leg ain't winning a SB with that defense. I do think our D improved over the year and played well at times. Detroit comes to mind.

Still, it is sad our D isn't better than it is for all that it has been afforded in the way of 1st rounders and other high picks, and even Julius Peppers. You disagree? Don't worry...it's not a trap for me to say, AHA! Ted Thompson sucks! It is a fair question. I can't fathom there is a Packers fan out there who isn't disappointed where this D is when you look at what has been given to it.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

greengold
8 years ago

Rodgers on one leg ain't winning a SB with that defense. I do think our D improved over the year and played well at times. Detroit comes to mind.

Still, it is sad our D isn't better than it is for all that it has been afforded in the way of 1st rounders and other high picks, and even Julius Peppers. You disagree? Don't worry...it's not a trap for me to say, AHA! Ted Thompson sucks! It is a fair question. I can't fathom there is a Packers fan out there who isn't disappointed where this D is when you look at what has been given to it.

Sure I wish for a better defense. Who wouldn't? Even Seattle fans when presented the choice: better defense, same defense, worse defense; should be smart enough to choose better defense.

I still say last year's defense was good enough to win. Defense is not why they lost in the playoffs.

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I can easily be "nice"...not easy to come across that way when you have a bastion of thinking that is counter to reality. You're not going to be popular telling a group of folks who believe a falsehood that they're wrong. That never ends well. Turn on any news channel as you well know and you'll see it every single day. In this case, there is a right or wrong answer. Some of it is opinion...some not. He is not a great drafter. He is not a great GM. Not so sure why that is so hard for people to accept?

You will never be popular by telling anyone they are wrong. We learn that in second grade after the golden rule has been pounded into our heads repeatedly. I've been open minded about your stance on Ted Thompson and you have failed to provide anything worth believing. You go on these rants of nonsense and except people to just believe you because you said. Write up a detailed explanation of how and why Thompson is a horrible (or whatever you claim he is) General Manager and let us have a good ole debate! I'll even put it on the front page of the website.

DEBATES ARE FUN! Having someone ignore your counter points by drowning them out is annoying and as entertaining as talking to a brick wall.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

You will never be popular by telling anyone they are wrong. We learn that in second grade after the golden rule has been pounded into our heads repeatedly. I've been open minded about your stance on Ted Thompson and you have failed to provide anything worth believing. You go on these rants of nonsense and except people to just believe you because you said. Write up a detailed explanation of how and why Thompson is a horrible (or whatever you claim he is) General Manager and let us have a good ole debate! I'll even put it on the front page of the website.

DEBATES ARE FUN! Having someone ignore your counter points by drowning them out is annoying and as entertaining as talking to a brick wall.

Agreed. Who do you think Ron Wolf would select at #30 that would help the most to elevate the Packers to top three ranking?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I love the golden rule... if someone thinks I'm in error I would want them to correct me.

You've been open minded? Don't ya think that the fact NOBODY has graded TT's drafts is a pretty telltale sign he's not a great drafter? With the rabidity for which I'm disdained you would think that is the first thing someone would do. Show all of TT's drafts, grade them, and then say...SEE, YOU ARE WRONG.. Ted Thompson IS A GREAT DRAFTER. There is a reason that hasn't happened. Those who have looked have nothing to come here with and they know it so they don't.

I have asked you over and over why our D sucks year after year if he is such a great drafter? All of a sudden it's all Dom's fault. I don't particularly like Dom, but he can only work with what he has. An NFL team that starts Hawk and Jones on D ain't gonna be good. Who's fault is that? MM's? Our ILB's have been terrible for years. We had to move one of our only good defensive players out of position to cover the glaring deficiencies. I think that speaks volumes to how poorly Ted Thompson has drafted that our star OLB has to play ILB because there is NO ONE else on the roster to do it.

You're not open minded. You have two huge things staring you right in the face that you don't answer...nobody answers... you/they can't. Your argument that Ted Thompson is some master drafter falls apart when you do either of those things.

UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
8 years ago

Sure I wish for a better defense. Who wouldn't? Even Seattle fans when presented the choice: better defense, same defense, worse defense; should be smart enough to choose better defense.

I still say last year's defense was good enough to win. Defense is not why they lost in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

As Tom Petty once said...Don't do me like that. Of course, any fan of team wants their team to be better. That is not a very good comeback. I'm speaking to OUR defense. It's not been good enough. Do you think our D would've fared better than Seattle's in the SB? I don't. Rodgers on one leg this time around vs. a New England team we narrowly escaped at home the first time around? D wasn't and isn't good enough...we all know that. To take Russell Wilson's legendary awful first half and use that as validation our D was good enough isn't fair. We were fortunate Russell sucked that bad...nobody had ever been that bad in an NFC Championship game in the 1st half and our D still couldn't win the game for us by getting torched at the end of regulation and OT. If our D was actually good perhaps we stop them in regulation and win it there? Or...at least get the ball back to our O in OT. Neither happened. We lost. How does a team lose to a team whose QB played the worst 1st half of football in NFL history in an NFC Championship game? Doesn't speak well of the defense that you keep saying WAS good enough. I don't think it was. I know it wasn't.

UserPostedImage

DoddPower
8 years ago

All the garbage you just inked up, I already made counter points and you insulted those efforts by rudely ignoring them while pumping out 400 words of dribble to drown them out. You try this whole woe is me thing as if you have credit worthy of being discredited or something. You are the one I see attempting to slander others, including me. Try to convey your opinion using more facts and less hyperbolic garbage.

Bottom line, you think Ted Thompson is garbage, that is wonderful and some disagree and that is equally wonderful. I'm more so in the ballpark that I think Ted Thompson is doing a good job, I wouldn't say great or he's legendary. Thompson has said the coaching staff is Mike McCarthy's responsibility to hire and fire. Personally, I think the defensive failures come down to Dom Capers and injuries.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yeah, it's incredibly difficult to wade through his repetitive incoherent rants. I often find myself just scrolling past his posts until I get to all the other posters here that usually make a little sense. Not all of them though!
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I love the golden rule... if someone thinks I'm in error I would want them to correct me.

You've been open minded? Don't ya think that the fact NOBODY has graded TT's drafts is a pretty telltale sign he's not a great drafter? With the rabidity for which I'm disdained you would think that is the first thing someone would do. Show all of TT's drafts, grade them, and then say...SEE, YOU ARE WRONG.. Ted Thompson IS A GREAT DRAFTER. There is a reason that hasn't happened. Those who have looked have nothing to come here with and they know it so they don't.

I have asked you over and over why our D sucks year after year if he is such a great drafter? All of a sudden it's all Dom's fault. I don't particularly like Dom, but he can only work with what he has. An NFL team that starts Hawk and Jones on D ain't gonna be good. Who's fault is that? MM's? Our ILB's have been terrible for years. We had to move one of our only good defensive players out of position to cover the glaring deficiencies. I think that speaks volumes to how poorly Ted Thompson has drafted that our star OLB has to play ILB because there is NO ONE else on the roster to do it.

You're not open minded. You have two huge things staring you right in the face that you don't answer...nobody answers... you/they can't. Your argument that Ted Thompson is some master drafter falls apart when you do either of those things.

Where did I say Thompson was a great drafter or some master drafter?

Where did I say the defense was all Dom Capers fault?

You dodge the points I made earlier and come at me demanding me to do your leg work for you?

It seems you refuse to comprehend the words of which you furiously respond to. If you tried only half effort you would see I am not of the extremes you offensively continue to attribute to me. You might be able to bully some with that tactic, it will not work here.

I want to debate the subject, not this childish crap. Again, I ask you to write up a detailed explanation of how and why Thompson is a horrible (or whatever you claim he is) General Manager and let us have a good ole debate! I genuinely want to and look forward to reading it.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.