RaiderPride
15 years ago
I do not expect the Packers to go 13-3 like last year. This season will be a small step back, that is natural progress needed to make a huge step forward.

Last year "EVERTHING" went right for the Pack. The NFC North teams imploded, the schedule was perfect for the Packers, and they had virtually no injuries that effected the destiny of the team. It was a dream year that ended with an expected "Thud"

Face it. We all knew it was coming sooner or later in that N.F.C. Championship Game. It is scary to expect the worse, an interception to end the game.

The expected "Thud" is gone, but the road is tougher this year. Now I think in all honesty that if "Chico" started the overtime session last year the Packers would have been in the Super bowl. That is a fact in my mind and you can bash me for that thought, but I believe it.

"Chico" is going to be great. But it will take a year or two. I do not expect him to change the minds of most Packer Fans, but eventually most Packer fan's minds will be changed.

It is the kid's first year. Let's all remember that. Go with the flow. Chances are, all will not fall into place and be as perfect as last year.

However, there will not be the expected "THUD" should the Packers over achieve. and make it to the NC Championship game.

There has been a hell of a lot of FIRST ROUND NFL Q.B. Busts in the last 5 years. I need not get into it or place a list here. However, Chico is not one of them.

The kid is very good. The faster Packer Fans except that, recognize that, and support him, then the better chance Green Bay will have at keeping this kid who has gone through major challenges to prove to the people of Green Bay that he is, Indeed..... Very good, and very committed.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
jdlax
15 years ago

The kid is very good. The faster Packer Fans except that, recognize that, and support him, then the better chance Green Bay will have at keeping this kid who has gone through major challenges to prove to the people of Green Bay that he is, Indeed..... Very good, and very committed.

R.P.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

The Packers, when Brett Favre said he'd like to rejoin them, informed him that he was no longer part of their plans, and that Aaron Rodgers is their guy. I have a feeling that makes someone like Aaron Rodgers feel pretty good, and that he's going to stick around. I don't think that keeping him is going to be any kind of issue after a show of faith like that.
RaiderPride
15 years ago

R.P.

"jdlax" wrote:

The Packers, when Brett Favre said he'd like to rejoin them, informed him that he was no longer part of their plans, and that Aaron Rodgers is their guy. I have a feeling that makes someone like Aaron Rodgers feel pretty good, and that he's going to stick around. I don't think that keeping him is going to be any kind of issue after a show of faith like that.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

GREAT Point.

However, that was T.T. and I hope M.M.

Not the "FANS" and people of Green Bay. I think, being such a small community it will eventually be the fans, and people of Green Bay that will have a huge effect on whether "Chico" re-Signs.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Did you hear the roar of cheers when Aaron came out that first pre season game? He had to wave his hands down when he was at the line of scrimmage.

Aaron knows the fans have his back.
UserPostedImage
dhpackr
15 years ago
I totally expect a 12-4 season and a appearance in the NFC Championship, why would I be content with the team taking a step backwards?? What has changed from last season??
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
gopackgo
15 years ago
This is a much tougher year schedule-wise. The Vikings are better, the Bears are healthy (for now), and playing the AFC South is the worst possible draw, IMO.

However, even Rodgers takes a while to get going, this TEAM is good enough to make the playoffs. We all saw what the Giants did last year, all a team needs to do is make the playoffs.
blank
gotarace
15 years ago

I totally expect a 12-4 season and a appearance in the NFC Championship, why would I be content with the team taking a step backwards?? What has changed from last season??

"dhpackr" wrote:

Excellent call dh only one major change from last year and we should have improved over a draft cycle. The team should have another year of grasping Mike McCarthy system and everyone says the QB is only one player on a team. Lets get to the regular season and play some Packer football.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Jacob
15 years ago

"dhpackr" wrote:

I think we are capable of a 12-4 team, but everything will have to go right like it did last year, which is very unlikely....
dhpackr
15 years ago

"Jacob" wrote:

I think we are capable of a 12-4 team, but everything will have to go right like it did last year, which is very unlikely....

"dhpackr" wrote:

I hope the running game is established early in the 2008 season.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
DGB454
15 years ago

This is a much tougher year schedule-wise. The Vikings are better, the Bears are healthy (for now), and playing the AFC South is the worst possible draw, IMO.

However, even Rodgers takes a while to get going, this TEAM is good enough to make the playoffs. We all saw what the Giants did last year, all a team needs to do is make the playoffs.

"gopackgo" wrote:

Good points. Even the Lions look better so far. Don't know if they will hit the wall like last year but for now they have had a suprising preseason.