RaiderPride
8 years ago

He can do as he thinks best because the sheep like fan base are afraid to say a bad word against the team. That could get them labeled or banned.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Jeepers. I heard about this.

Trains leaving Green Bay with box cars loaded with people who said something negative about T.T. heading to "Tedwitz." a concentration camp somewhere in the Crystal Falls State Forrest.

I always thought it was rumors. Now I know it is true.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
68md
8 years ago
Impossible to know how this draft plays out for at least 2 seasons, of course you can label it a bust today... your prerogative. However don't expect a band and parade down Lombardi avenue when you do.
Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are not going anywhere fast, I certainly don't agree with every move they make but reality is they run the show. Every draft is a crap shoot in finding the correct talent that fits the makeup of your football team. Let's wait until camp and a couple pre season games and then we can talk about these rookies a little bit more.
Porforis
8 years ago

Impossible to know how this draft plays out for at least 2 seasons, of course you can label it a bust today... your prerogative. However don't expect a band and parade down Lombardi avenue when you do.

Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are not going anywhere fast, I certainly don't agree with every move they make but reality is they run the show. Every draft is a crap shoot in finding the correct talent that fits the makeup of your football team. Let's wait until camp and a couple pre season games and then we can talk about these rookies a little bit more.

Originally Posted by: wideside 

Oh no, Ted's gotten to you too!
voiceofreason
8 years ago
How can you bash a draft before we even see any of the kids play? Gotta give it some time.
blank
OlHoss1884
8 years ago
"Packers doomed to loose"

I am sure your 4th grade spelling teacher felt much the same way.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
Well, this thread really went to hell hahahaha.

I posted second, and I thought it was a good place to analyze the new draftees. Maybe I will copy and paste my post to some other thread.

As for this, a few comments, etc.:

I hardly read the pre-draft articles on various players, in large part because I didn't want to get my hopes up that we get any particular player (other than Melvin Gordon of course). I have always said, it's all about POSITIONS to draft, not specific players. I also avoided like the plague mock drafts and even more so, that inane "game" valuing the picks you make through a full version of a mock draft. You just can't come close to predicting what 31 other teams will do.

What's all this about uffda udfa - waiting 'til he gets back? Did he fall and break his ass? Did he get suspended? Or what?

I read this original post by "Smokey" and I asked if he was being sarcastic or something. He always seemed so positive; Then I have seen implications (it seemed to me) in later posts that uffda udfa somehow co-opted (or was the same person as) Smokey? Where did that weirdness come from - other than the tone of the original post which indeed did sound like uffda udfa?

Last but not least, Good Catch, Hoss. It's hard to take seriously somebody who can't even spell "lose".
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago
We don't know the inside business.

Did Ted bring most of these kids in and they blew him away with their skills and their interview?

Did Ted bring in other guys that would fill a need and they didn't show themselves on the field or they didn't feel comfortable with the interview?

I wanted Randy Gregory. Learning he was late to team meetings and completely missed team meetings which a NFL team organized is absolutely insane.

My two big heartaches is not drafting Malcolm Brown (I wanted Gregory as well but learning about him blowing off meetings after the fact changes that) in the first as I thought the value was too great in a key position and Tyler Lockett.

I am still weirded-out by the Rollins pick. Sure the guy can be great and prove me, but a 1 year converted basketball player just seems odd as a 2nd round pick. Just seems like a guy that probably would have been there in the 3rd.

Let's sit back and see what they do on the field. If that Basketball player performs like Khyri Thornton did last year, you bet I will yell and scream about the other guys who were on the board.

Last thought, I think many fans are pissed more at the fact that it seems all the teams we hate (Chicago, Minny, Seattle) took guys we all wanted. I remember many were pissed that Chicago got Gabe Carimini as well....😝 That being said screw you Seabitches for taking Tyler Lockett. I think he will be special and I have the feeling I will be wishing we had him more than our Basketball player. I hope I am wrong.
Poppa San
8 years ago

Another NFL Draft has come and passed the Packers by. There were multiple opportunities get some of the best quality players that would also have fill the teams needs. Instead Ted Thompson chooses to pick from the bargain basement or pick players at positions that make little good sense. This years draft class , IMO, scores a deserving F- as the poorest picks in decades.

Ted Thompson draws a nice salary, lives comfortably, tells everyone what to do. He can do as he pleases without question. In addition, due to unexplained good luck, some past draft picks are stars. This bolsters his I'm right and everyone else is incapable of reaching my level of clairvoyance attitude.

As a result, the Packers will continue much as they have for many years to come. Teasing it's fans with SB dreams, Ted Thompson will continue this insanity. He can do as he thinks best because the sheep like fan base are afraid to say a bad word against the team. That could get them labeled or banned.

The hard truth is that Tight Wad Ted's management will see the Packers keep coming up short year after year until he goes away. The team will continue to come up short with less than championship quality players. He will however keep the team under the cap, and personally reap the benefits from the money not spent. Don't expect to find the Packers in any SB's for many years to come, get used to it.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. A good description of Ted Thompson.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Don't hold back. None of this namby-pamby politically correct crap. Tell us how you really feel.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I awoke this morning with a headache. I still went to work. She went back to sleep.
nerdmann
8 years ago
One thing I've noticed with these DBs is, they want guys who can play the ball in the air. Every since they've seen what Hayward can do, that's been an emphasis, and I like it.

Draft didn't fall as I thought it would, but I'm intrigued. I learn alot from Ted.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
hardrocker950
8 years ago
You can twist it any way you want - but the reality is that none of us know what these rookies will do. I was not overly fond of the way the draft went - but getting all butthurt will not change anything.

The doom and gloom crowd is in full force saying that our newly drafted LB is a bust because of how late he was picked. I recall last season when a FIFTH ROUND center was thrown into the fire and became a solid player in short time. Sure, that doesn't always happen - but you don't know until their number is called. We will have a better idea by midseason. Until then - calm down.