Rockmolder
15 years ago

everybody like to say "i told you so"

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I don't.

When practically everyone I know is dead because they got eaten by zombies, it won't be fun saying "I told you so."

"bozz_2006" wrote:

So you have a masterplan in place? Or are you just gonna shoot at em with your shotgun? Oh, I'll join you in your crusade, for all thats worth.

I actually like Dhazer and I don't have that big a problem with Buckeye either. I don't want to offend anyone here, but I sometimes think that these 'Thompson haters' get labelled way to fast around here. It's like we're kicking out a minority that doesn't agree with our/your opinions.

But that's just me ofcourse.
macbob
15 years ago

I had no idea who Greg Jennings was. I'm going to just hope you're kidding and that you realize that guys like Jennings are an argument that Thompson has done a good job, not the other way around.

"yooperfan" wrote:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

I'm finding the whole anti-Ted arguments to be rather convenient.

You're right--he's been a horrible GM when you toss out the good draft picks he's made (Jennings, etc) and throw out every good FA pickup he's made (Woodson, Pickett, Chillar, etc) because Ted made a lucky pick or the player was out of other chances, etc.

Has Ted hit 100%? NO--and it's unreasonable to expect anybody to do so.

The thing I like most about Ted is I feel a lot better about our depth than I did those last years under Sherman (anybody prefer Ahmad Carroll over Tramon Williams??? Anybody???).

And let's see--who was it that drafted Carroll--in the first round(!), #25 pick overall??? What a career he's had: Signed by the Jags after the Packers cut him, released by the Jags after being arrested for possession of a firearm during commission of a felony and drug possession (ecstasy). Played in the Arena Football League, then signed by the Jets, but didn't make the team.

You can knock Harrell as a bust, but at least he hasn't been the cancer that Carroll was.

Edit:
And that's not mentioning Sherman's big paydays to Joe Johnson and Cletidus Hunt, or trading up to pick a punter in the 3rd round who was so bad the Packers carried two punters on their roster the whole year because Sherman didn't have the balls to admit he made a mistake trading up.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I only label as "haters" the ones who themselves admit they "hate." πŸ™‚
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

Even if the Packers win the Superbowl next year, which they will, (Been saying it for 3 years.)

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Hey, RaiderPride, in the interest of fairness, I will extend my same offer to you: If the Packers win the Super Bowl next season, I will buy you a year's supply of the intoxicating beverage of your choice. :drunken: :downtown: :shaking2: :pukeleft: :crybaby: :pukeright: :sleepy1:
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

<hijack>

Speaking of which, zombieslayer, I've been meaning to ask you: What game or movie does your avatar come from? It looks like a graphic from a Magic card to me.

</hijack>

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

One of the mods actually gave me my avatar.
I love it. Where they got it, I have no idea.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Cheesey
15 years ago
I'm not a Ted Thompson "hater" or "lover".
I myself can't understand why people dislike the guy so much. It can't be because of the job he's done here, cause he sure hasn't been "awful".

Has he done EVERYTHING right?
OF COURSE NOT!
NO ONE does. Not one GM in the NFL does.
But to say he's our "Matt Millen".......that just boggles my mind.

Even the great Ron Wolf made bad moves......EVERY YEAR. He didnt get everything right.

But if you go into a situation with preconceived ideas, nothing will change your opinion.
If you "hate" TT, nothing he does right will change your mind.....even a super bowl win. Cause that might make you have to see that reality isn't always what your opinion says it is.
Now.......if the Packers tank this coming year, I'll be the 1st one (well.....now that i think of it, there will be a few from this site already in line) in line calling for his head.
I saw this last year as screwed up from the start, with the whole BF mess, and i figured that, with the growing pains, would make it a difficult season.
But NOWS the time to shine.
NOW we will see if all the building Ted Thompson did to get to this point was right, or wrong.
UserPostedImage
bakler5
15 years ago

I think the bottom line here is to consider what Ted Thompson was brought in here for and the situation the team was in at the time.

The roster was getting old, our depth beyond starters was non-existent, Favre was already talking about the tractor, and even our own prior GM was saying we had less than NFL caliber starters at various positions.

Ted Thompson was brought in to get the Cap managed properly and get an aging team younger and build quality depth into the roster and I am quite certain knew he had to find the future QB for the team as well.

The recipe was just not conducive for paying high end experienced FA's who all pretty much knew GB was reloading.

I will say this. Based on any reasonable timetable the '07 season and 13-3 came ahead of it's time but for every good break and close win we pulled out that year what goes around came around in '08.

2007 advanced the expectations and shortened the timetable for him and for the team. In short, the situation now is DIFFERENT than in the past because this last season went in REVERSE instead of a steady building process. We have not been a couple of FA's away from being a contender and in a place where feet are closer to the fire as they are now.

I thank Ted Thompson for getting us this far along this fast.

I believe this coming season with more urgency to improve certain aspects of the team and calling for a new defense will prompt Ted Thompson to do what need to be done to get us where we need to be.

You see I don't believe Ted Thompson has anything against FA at all. I don't think FA was the move to make.....until now. I think now he will make that move.

"warhawk" wrote:

Best post I have ever read on this site, couldn't agree more, I feel lucky to have Ted Thompson as a GM, and even luckier to have McCarthy as a coach.
God didn't create Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers created God.
zombieslayer
15 years ago

So you have a masterplan in place? Or are you just gonna shoot at em with your shotgun? Oh, I'll join you in your crusade, for all thats worth.

I actually like Dhazer and I don't have that big a problem with Buckeye either. I don't want to offend anyone here, but I sometimes think that these 'Thompson haters' get labelled way to fast around here. It's like we're kicking out a minority that doesn't agree with our/your opinions.

But that's just me ofcourse.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Yeah, there's a plan in place. Long story though and don't want to take it too far off topic. It will take a lot more than guns though, I'll just tell you that.

As for Dhazer and Buckeye, I don't know Buckeye, but David's a really nice person and very intelligent.

I agree with you about the "TT hater" label. It gets used too much. I've been called it before on the old board (not PH but the one the board that should not be mentioned), and I think I'm pretty fair - give credit when it's due, critique when I think something was dumb.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
You're just a hater, Zombieslayer. Admit it. πŸ˜‰
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

You're just a hater, Zombieslayer. Admit it. ;)

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

:lol:

Actually I am. In no particular order:

The Cows
The Mannings
The Steelers
The AFC
Jerry Jones
Wrecks Grossman
Lovie Smith

The last 2 because they lost me money.

The Cows top my hate list though. I hate the team. I hate their fans. I hate their girlfriends. I hate their wives. I hate their kids. I hate their parents. I hate their grandparents. I hate their dogs. I hate their cats. I hate their stadium. I hate any road within ten miles of Dallas.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage