Cheesey
8 years ago
Why would asking Ted Thompson if he is gay inappropriate?
If there is nothing wrong with being gay, as "political correctness" says, then why would it be wrong to ask?
I mean, he could respond "it's none of your business, Raiderpride."
Or answer "yes" or "no".
You can ask me, and I'd tell you I am straight and have NO desire sexually towards males.

So that's my 2 cents on that.
UserPostedImage
sschind
8 years ago

Why would asking Ted Thompson if he is gay inappropriate?
If there is nothing wrong with being gay, as "political correctness" says, then why would it be wrong to ask?
I mean, he could respond "it's none of your business, Raiderpride."
Or answer "yes" or "no".
You can ask me, and I'd tell you I am straight and have NO desire sexually towards males.

So that's my 2 cents on that.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Just because it may not be inappropriate to ask doesn't mean you should ask. First of all it is none of your business so why should he have to tell you it is none of your business. You should already know that and if it is none of your business you shouldn't be asking. Second of all it has absolutely no bearing on whether to not he can do his job so why does it matter? Just because you want to satisfy some curiosity you have doesn't make it right for you to ask such questions. Third, we don't have to ask you as you have just volunteered the information. Ted probably knows that some people are saying he is gay and so far he has chosen not to address the issue (why should he) and IMO it is disrespectful to ask.

RaiderPride
8 years ago

Not sure what I would ask him, but I would never ask him if he is gay. That's a totally inappropriate question, unless you are gay. are you RaiderPride?

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

First off Skippy... It is not an inappropriate question within the Gay Community. I have some Gay friends, and three Gay family members. To them it is a normal question. No different than asking if you live in West Vancouver or in the Valley.

There is a reason there is a Gay Pride Parade and event in virtually every city in North America. They are celebrating the fact that they are no longer taboo. They are celebrating that they are accepted. as equals, and heretofore proud. (Hence Gay Pride.)

Yesterday the country of Ireland, a bastion of Catholicism voted to allow Gay Marriages to be recognized as legal and binding, the country voted to allow them the same rights, tax deductions and other perks as traditional marriages have.

Over the last 10 years many Gay Couples have traveled to Canada where I reside, many men and women traveled here so they could legally marry. So they have papers that state they are indeed husband and wife.

It is inappropriate to ask if someone is a child molester because that is wrong.

It is inappropriate to ask if someone is a con artist and thief because that is wrong.

It is inappropriate to ask if someone is a wife beater because that is wrong.

It is not, I repeat not wrong to ask a person if they are gay. Because it is not wrong.

By the way... To answer your question.. "Are you gay RaiderPride?"

Not Yet..

However, some Packer posts by Zero, Hazer, uffda udfa, buckeyepackfan sschind, and a few others have given me an urge to sleep with them and cuddle all night.

R.P.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
dhazer
8 years ago

Just because it may not be inappropriate to ask doesn't mean you should ask. First of all it is none of your business so why should he have to tell you it is none of your business. You should already know that and if it is none of your business you shouldn't be asking. Second of all it has absolutely no bearing on whether to not he can do his job so why does it matter? Just because you want to satisfy some curiosity you have doesn't make it right for you to ask such questions. Third, we don't have to ask you as you have just volunteered the information. Ted probably knows that some people are saying he is gay and so far he has chosen not to address the issue (why should he) and IMO it is disrespectful to ask.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

This thread is what questions you would ask him and it did not say anything about having to be about football, it just said what 3 questions would you ask. And why are you attacking seeing what you think is inappropriate may not be to others. So why not get back on track of the thread.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
sschind
8 years ago

This thread is what questions you would ask him and it did not say anything about having to be about football, it just said what 3 questions would you ask. And why are you attacking seeing what you think is inappropriate may not be to others. So why not get back on track of the thread.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

So I guess I'm not allowed to voice my opinion. Yes I think it is an inappropriate question. Why shouldn't I be allowed to say so. Obviously the OP does not think it is inappropriate otherwise he wouldn't ask it.

but to get back to the topic my 3 questions

1) do you think it is appropriate to ask someone personal questions about things that are none of their business?

2) do you think it is appropriate to try to trick or goad people into divulging information about themselves that they have chosen not to divulge?

3) Do you think people have the right to know anything and everything about someone else and because they have that right they can ask any question they want. (I know, its a 2 parter)
macbob
8 years ago
1) Are you heterosexual?

2) Don't you know where McCarthy has hidden the pictures, or are they some place you can't get to them?

3) What...is the capital of Assyria?
UserPostedImage
sschind
8 years ago

1) Are you heterosexual?

2) Don't you know where McCarthy has hidden the pictures, or are they some place you can't get to them?

3) What...is the capital of Assyria?

Originally Posted by: macbob 

I'm not sure what the capital of Assyria is but I know my favorite color is blue... no... AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
This whole thread is flawed in that it stipulates that the questions be other than football related. I, for one, would not get into any personal shit - why would I? Why would anybody? Who gives a shit about that crap anyway? It pales to insignificance next to THE ONLY THING - WINNING.

There are plenty of things that could be discussed about draft and develop, about other teams free agents - or not, about individual position and player decisions, etc. to take up all the time needed to fix the damn elevator.

Seems like I once read that this is a football forum - no place for politics or silly social commentary.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

This whole thread is flawed in that it stipulates that the questions be other than football related. I, for one, would not get into any personal shit - why would I? Why would anybody? Who gives a shit about that crap anyway? It pales to insignificance next to THE ONLY THING - WINNING.

There are plenty of things that could be discussed about draft and develop, about other teams free agents - or not, about individual position and player decisions, etc. to take up all the time needed to fix the damn elevator.

Seems like I once read that this is a football forum - no place for politics or silly social commentary.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Anything and everything I would ask would have to be football related. I would feel like I dropped the ball if I asked anything else, lol.

UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
8 years ago
1. Do ever take a break/vacation from football? If so, how long?

2. At what moment did you realize Aaron Rodgers was the real deal? When he replaced Favre in the Cowboys game?

3. Are you a muscle car or import car type of guy? (If he says import, I will replace dhazer and udffa as the biggest Ted hater on the forum).
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (19h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (22h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8m / Around The NFL / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.