Cheesey
8 years ago
Wayne is OLD.
I can see GB "kicking the tires", but I would be SHOCKED if they had any serious thought of signing him.
James Jones is a known product, and a lot younger. If you were going to get a guy, one that knows the offense would make more sense to me.
There are just so many roster spots.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
Andre Rison 1996.

Zero hit on it.

Due diligence.

Rison became available in the middle of the season.

Could be Ted has contacted Wayne and let him know that if he is still unsigned and for say TC injury problems crop up The Packers would be interested.

That is my guess, never completely rule out any player, especially one with Wayne's experience.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

Andre Rison 1996.

Zero hit on it.

Due diligence.

Rison became available in the middle of the season.

Could be Ted has contacted Wayne and let him know that if he is still unsigned and for say TC injury problems crop up The Packers would be interested.

That is my guess, never completely rule out ant player, especially one with Wayne's experience.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I am thinking this is Ted's thought process as well. It may not at the moment make sense, but should some injuries happen at TC and we have 2 guys who may not be ready in Abby and Jordy why not let a good veteran like Wayne know we have interest?

I agree with others that Jones may make more sense, but will he sign a vet minimum contract or something close to that?
musccy
8 years ago

I agree with others that Jones may make more sense, but will he sign a vet minimum contract or something close to that?

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

He's still unsigned 4 months into f.a. I doubt anyone else is giving him much more than that unless they suddenly get desperate with injuries.
RainX
8 years ago
It'd be an interesting signing, but even assuming they carry six receivers, do you give up a roster spot to an aging veteran receiver versus a young prospect who has more potential to make an impact long term. Wayne right now would probably be a 4th option at best on the team unless he beats out Adams and you keep Cobb in the slot where he'd be the most effective in three receiver sets.
blank
Barfarn
8 years ago

Then Seattle could sign one of the other 6 the team would cut, giving them a player with a decade of upside in front of him.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

LOL, yea that would suck LOL

Z2C talks about Jordy's injury not healed; Steve and Micheal Rodney not buying it. And I agree this makes no sense. If there's real interest: Something is wrong. Jordy's hurt; Jordy/Cobb and/or Adams just got hit with a PED suspension that's in the process of appeal [this stuff is not announced until the appeal process is over]; Janis and Abby had a 3some w/ Zook's daughter; etc

But, I doubt it. My guess: It's just an agent trying to manufacture demand for his client. sure GB is interested like Buckeye said: to bring him in for a work out, see how he's doing and place him on the emergency list in case a bunch of WRs go down. GB isn't interested in dispelling their interest because at worst it'll help drive up the $$ for a competitor.
hardrocker950
8 years ago
As much as I like Reggie, he is old and has lost a step. If someone isn't ready to go for some reason, it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least see what he has left. Beyond the possibility of a #1-3 WR missing significant time I can't see them making this move.

Always hard to say what is going on behind closed doors.
uffda udfa
8 years ago
If they were interested then, there would be no reason not to be now.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Yerko
8 years ago
When you have a quarterback like Rodgers, there is no need to make a move like this.

Reggie Wayne brings little to nothing to the Packers offense. The Packers are one team that can actually use the term "next man up" and be successful doing so.

It is time for Cobb to take on his bigger role as the legit #1 WR. It is time for DeVante to take an even bigger step in his 2nd year and the guys who were all fighting for a position behind the big three now have their chance to shine, whether it be Montgomery, Janis or White.

Rodgers can make these guys look better than they already are.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

When you have a quarterback like Rodgers, there is no need to make a move like this.

Reggie Wayne brings little to nothing to the Packers offense. The Packers are one team that can actually use the term "next man up" and be successful doing so.

It is time for Cobb to take on his bigger role as the legit #1 WR. It is time for DeVante to take an even bigger step in his 2nd year and the guys who were all fighting for a position behind the big three now have their chance to shine, whether it be Montgomery, Janis or White.

Rodgers can make these guys look better than they already are.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Reggie Wayne brings guaranteed salary if on roster week one.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (52m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
54m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.