Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
The Packer's 2015 Defense is currently forming. This thread is to post impressions of that defense.
What do you think about the D-line ?
What do you think about the Linebackers ?
What do you think about the Secondary ?
What players are impressing ?
What players are not impressing ?
What do you like or dislike about the 2015 Packer's Defense ?

Go Pack Go !!
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

The Packer's 2015 Defense is currently forming. This thread is to post impressions of that defense.

Go Pack Go !!

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

The only good D Lineman is Daniels. It is without a doubt the Packers weakest position group, but no worries, it is also the least important, given Capers' schemes.

If Matthews is paired with Barrington inside, the Packers are strong there. For that to work, though, somebody has to step up at OLB paired with Peppers - Elliot, Mulumba, Perry, Hubbard, Neal - in order of likelihood IMO.

The Secondary is the strongest position group on the D side. I see Randall eventually beating out Hayward to start opposite Shields. Hayward will probably keep the Nickel spot. I could see as many as 11 DBs kept.

It's too soon to say who is not impressing, but I have low expectations for most of the D Line, Neal and maybe Perry at OLB, Bradford and maybe Ryan at ILB, and Richardson at DB.

More than anything else, I still like Capers' ability to compensate for personnel weaknesses. I also like the probable upgrade in athleticism, especially if Matthews plays mostly inside.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
Will the 2015 Defense be putting pressure on opposing QB's ?
Who do you expect to see getting the most sacks ?
Who do you expect to see get the most picks ?
Can this Defense stop good running attacks ?
Who will be the play caller on Defense and why ?

UserPostedImage
Porforis
8 years ago
The D is a huge question mark in my mind. We obviously have issues up front, but I'm a bit more concerned about our DBs. Ted either struck out or hit a triple this offseason - Time will tell how things stay together.

Young guys really need to step up. Hopefully the motivation to take over a starting job will help.
nerdmann
8 years ago

Go Pack Go !!

Dline will improve. Raji is back, it seems like they're going to use Datone as a pass rusher. Bruce Gaston and Christian Ringo look like they can bring it. Perrillo can be as good as he wants to be by all reports.

The key on the Dline is getting to the QB, penetrating and disrupting. They don't care about the run game.

I think we'll be fine at ILB, but I'd still like to see some quality OLB play. Sounds like Mulumba wants to make the team. Clay has to prove he's still got it. Peppers and Perry need pitch counts.

The secondary is the strength of the D.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
There we go Smokey! This is the stuff I like from ya! 🙂
UserPostedImage
QCHuskerFan
8 years ago

The secondary is the strength of the D.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

It also has the potential to be the biggest weakness. Only 2 of the top 6 true CB have any experience in the NFL and 1 of those 2 is injured more than he is healthy. If everything goes right, we'll be ok. But an injury or 2 and it could be ugly.

I would say that the S position may be the best and deepest it's been in years.

Right now, I am confident in the DB. But the depth is not what I would prefer.
nerdmann
8 years ago

It also has the potential to be the biggest weakness. Only 2 of the top 6 true CB have any experience in the NFL and 1 of those 2 is injured more than he is healthy. If everything goes right, we'll be ok. But an injury or 2 and it could be ugly.

I would say that the S position may be the best and deepest it's been in years.

Right now, I am confident in the DB. But the depth is not what I would prefer.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

I'd like Morgan Burnett to be the guy he could be. But I like the rest of em.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

Will the 2015 Defense be putting pressure on opposing QB's ?
Who do you expect to see getting the most sacks ?
Who do you expect to see get the most picks ?
Can this Defense stop good running attacks ?
Who will be the play caller on Defense and why ?

First of all, Note to Nerd: unless you have some inside scoop, Perrillo doesn't play defense - no matter how good he wants to be hahahaha.

Sacks: I'll still go with Peppers - that's like betting on the favorite in a horse race. Elliot is my dark horse, though.

Picks: Tough one; I'll go with Clinton-Dix to have a big year now that he is completely settled in. Randall will be up there too, though. I picked him to start, and the opponents will test him - I think he makes those opponents pay.

Stopping good running attacks: mostly yes if they keep Clay inside. The best anti-running attack mechanism for the Packers is Aaron Rodgers passing the opponents into oblivion, forcing them to abandon the run/pass to stay close.

D Play Caller: Does it have to be an ILB? I don't think so. Barrington is a possibility, but I'll go with Morgan Burnett.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
PackerTraxx
8 years ago
Raji will have an outstanding year...he's dedicating it to TPB!!!
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (9h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (9h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (10h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.