buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

People claiming that a quarterback doesn't determine a receiver's "#1" status is ALMOST as absurd as the comment that Nelson or Cobb wouldn't sniff 600 yards with an average quarterback. Saying that Boykin would have put up Cobb/Nelson numbers is also ridiculous.

On a different note, what exactly is a #1 receiver? I'm pretty sure it's whoever the number one option team. Again, this argument is stupid.

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan 

Agree this argument is stupid.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
8 years ago

A "legit" #1 is a guy who can beat #1 CBs consistently.

But some people are obsessed with measurables.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

And our receivers get handled by teams with great corners.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

I don't think this argument is stupid at all. Of course, all 32 teams are going to have their #1 guy. There is a TYPE that is what is a true #1 WR. It is not Jordy, it is not RC18, it is not Davante Adams yet when all is said and done we will have fans on this site and elsewhere thinking all 3 are #1 WR's and we have an embarrassment of riches. Heck, Montgomery and Janis might get in on the action and we might have 5 #1 WRs. Unprecedented.

Nobody thought of Jordy as a #1 type when he was drafted...nobody thought of Randall as a #1 type when he was drafted...same goes for Davante. Shoot, if Jordy was a true #1 WR...Ted ain't offering Greg Jennings more money than he ultimately gave to Jordy down the road. Why would Ted Thompson be so worried to watch Greg get away if he knew he had Jordy and James Jones left? Jordy wasn't THE GUY then...he was THE GUY because Jennings departed not because it was in him to be a true #1. Now, Jordy is gone...the guy in his spot (Davante) will likely get crazy stats just like whatever Peyton Manning TE is on the field with Peyton. That is why I posted what I did earlier...I KNOW it's coming. Davante is a #1 WR...look at his stats...we didn't miss a beat. Davante is a superstar! It's all coming because he's in that spot not because he is. I'm sorry but YES, Jarrett Boykin being used in the role Jordy was in DOES get stats like him. Boykin was a Jaguars cut who came to us on a freaking mini camp tryout. He put up numbers on pace with Jordy's when Flynn and the gang were in for Rodgers. Go do the math. Go look. Look at Boykin's starts and Jordy's... extrapolate Boykin's numbers based on 16 games or just divide and look at the average per game. You guys will be SHOCKED if you only look and do some simple math. BOOM! There's your VERIFIABLE SCIENTIFIC DATA that PROVES this. Go look. Stop typing out of your backsides and as the Geico Caveman once said...mabye, next time, do a little research. LOOK! Leave the sentimentality somewhere else for 5 seconds.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Hey, Uncle Buck said this thread is stupid, so that's the end of this conversation. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Green Bay's offense will be just fine. Jordy Nelson was not the glue that held it all together, I think that honor goes to the guy who handles the football on ever play, and his center.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

Hey, Uncle Buck said this thread is stupid, so that's the end of this conversation. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Green Bay's offense will be just fine. Jordy Nelson was not the glue that held it all together, I think that honor goes to the guy who handles the football on ever play, and his center.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

So you are down to name calling and waiting for something else bad to happen.

Typical.

BTW, I also agree with whoever said that members who don't think Jordy is a #1 receiver are complete football idiots.

Just agreeing with other members posts.
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Bigbyfan
8 years ago

I don't think this argument is stupid at all. Of course, all 32 teams are going to have their #1 guy. There is a TYPE that is what is a true #1 WR. It is not Jordy, it is not RC18, it is not Davante Adams yet when all is said and done we will have fans on this site and elsewhere thinking all 3 are #1 WR's and we have an embarrassment of riches. Heck, Montgomery and Janis might get in on the action and we might have 5 #1 WRs. Unprecedented.

Nobody thought of Jordy as a #1 type when he was drafted...nobody thought of Randall as a #1 type when he was drafted...same goes for Davante. Shoot, if Jordy was a true #1 WR...Ted ain't offering Greg Jennings more money than he ultimately gave to Jordy down the road. Why would Ted Thompson be so worried to watch Greg get away if he knew he had Jordy and James Jones left? Jordy wasn't THE GUY then...he was THE GUY because Jennings departed not because it was in him to be a true #1. Now, Jordy is gone...the guy in his spot (Davante) will likely get crazy stats just like whatever Peyton Manning TE is on the field with Peyton. That is why I posted what I did earlier...I KNOW it's coming. Davante is a #1 WR...look at his stats...we didn't miss a beat. Davante is a superstar! It's all coming because he's in that spot not because he is. I'm sorry but YES, Jarrett Boykin being used in the role Jordy was in DOES get stats like him. Boykin was a Jaguars cut who came to us on a freaking mini camp tryout. He put up numbers on pace with Jordy's when Flynn and the gang were in for Rodgers. Go do the math. Go look. Look at Boykin's starts and Jordy's... extrapolate Boykin's numbers based on 16 games or just divide and look at the average per game. You guys will be SHOCKED if you only look and do some simple math. BOOM! There's your VERIFIABLE SCIENTIFIC DATA that PROVES this. Go look. Stop typing out of your backsides and as the Geico Caveman once said...mabye, next time, do a little research. LOOK! Leave the sentimentality somewhere else for 5 seconds.

Nobody thought Terrell Owens was a #1 when he was drafted, no one thought Brandon Marshall was a #1 when he was drafted, yet somehow they turned out to be #1 options. Who cares what people thought when players were drafted.
blank
uffda udfa
8 years ago
I'm saying it again, RIGHT NOW, before it happens so I can't be accused of only saying it after the fact. Packers fans will work themselves into a lather that Davante is a #1 WR when he puts up crazy stats because he's in Jordy's spot. The crazy hype train will never be derailed. We will have fans saying we have 3 #1 WR's on our roster and blather on and on how we have the best WR corps in history. We'll also have some fringe Favre fan lamenting that Brett never had 3 #1 WR's like Aaron so it isn't fair to compare the two.

It's all about to hit. Davante will light it up now. He has no choice...the ball is going to be there all the time...he just has to catch it. Just watch. Few will recognize it's about the situation, almost all will blather on of our embarrassment of riches and Davante's superstar nature. Heck, Aaron even said so! So there! Class dismissed!
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because theyโ€™ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Bigbyfan
8 years ago

Obviously, you don't understand the atrocious quarterback play many team suffer with. One day Green Bay will go back to that too. Then and only then will the younger Packers fans know just how good they've had it.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I'm fully aware that Aaron Rodgers helps our receivers significantly. However, to put it all on him is kinda ridiculous. James Jones put up over 700 yd with a rookie QB in Oakland. That's over the 600 yd that Cobb and Jordy "wouldn't sniff" if they played with an average QB. I think it is safe to say that those two are much more talented than Jones.
blank
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I'm fully aware that Aaron Rodgers helps our receivers significantly. However, to put it all on him is kinda ridiculous. James Jones put up over 700 yd with a rookie QB in Oakland. That's over the 600 yd that Cobb and Jordy "wouldn't sniff" if they played with an average QB. I think it is safe to say that those two are much more talented than Jones.

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan 

The JJ stuff in Oakland is apples and oranges. He wasn't a top option in Green Bay. He was in Oakland. Had he been the same type of option in Oakland as he was in Green Bay his stats would've been far less.

Greg Jennings is the best measure of this if you want to try and compare. Top guy in Minny...top guy in Green Bay. Great in Green Bay...not quite so good in Minnesota.

Just go compare Boykin and Nelson's stats playing with our backups. Boykin was ready for "the next step" when he was in a bigger role. When he went back to a smaller one...he was obsolete. It's about opportunity in Green Bay. Davante now has what Jordy had and Greg had before him. The eating is quite good.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because theyโ€™ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

I'm saying it again, RIGHT NOW, before it happens so I can't be accused of only saying it after the fact. Packers fans will work themselves into a lather that Davante is a #1 WR when he puts up crazy stats because he's in Jordy's spot. The crazy hype train will never be derailed. We will have fans saying we have 3 #1 WR's on our roster and blather on and on how we have the best WR corps in history. We'll also have some fringe Favre fan lamenting that Brett never had 3 #1 WR's like Aaron so it isn't fair to compare the two.

It's all about to hit. Davante will light it up now. He has no choice...the ball is going to be there all the time...he just has to catch it. Just watch. Few will recognize it's about the situation, almost all will blather on of our embarrassment of riches and Davante's superstar nature. Heck, Aaron even said so! So there! Class dismissed!

So now you are saying Adams IS going to have s breakout year.

Way to argue both sides!

No matter What Davante does now , you will come back and say you we're right.
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

The old Uffda spin survives!

I'm gonna agree with others.

No one receiver is going to take Jordys place.
Will be a combination of wr's and te's!

Jordy will return next year and take his #1 reciever spot back!
nerdmann
8 years ago

So now you are saying Adams IS going to have s breakout year.

Way to argue both sides!

No matter What Davante does now , you will come back and say you we're right.
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

The old Uffda spin survives!

I'm gonna agree with others.

No one receiver is going to take Jordys place.
Will be a combination of wr's and te's!

Jordy will return next year and take his #1 reciever spot back!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Another guy who will get an opportunity thanks to Jordy's injury: Jeff Janis will get to make the team.
โ€œWinning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a whileโ€ฆyou do them right all the time.โ€
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
42m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.