nerdmann
8 years ago

"He's poised for a breakout year," Cobb said Tuesday. "He's poised for a big year. I look forward to helping him accomplish that."

Read More @ Rob Demovsky 

Rob Demovsky wrote:

Of course it will be in a support role as Janis will dominate as the #1.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Get that hype machine well oiled! 😁

Grease those skids. Davante is a #1! Look at his production!

Of course, ANYONE in Jordy's role who wasn't is poised for a breakout year. Water is wet.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DoddPower
8 years ago

Get that hype machine well oiled! 😁

Grease those skids. Davante is a #1! Look at his production!

Of course, ANYONE in Jordy's role who wasn't is poised for a breakout year. Water is wet.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

So you're saying the sentiments are correct then?
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Of course...ANYONE in Jordy's role is getting numbers. ANYONE. Also, of course, it will be due to Davane's greatness and our GM's WR prowess for why he "breaks out"...being in Jordy's spot will have nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Here's Davante in his own words:

" ...but obviously with Jordy going down, more opportunities are going to come my way. So it's just a matter of capitalizing, which I was already planning on doing."

Tada! He'll get the ball a lot more simply because he's in that position. Whomever it was that was in that position was going to see their stock skyrocket. They're going to be on the receiving end of Aaron Rodgers. Janis, if ready, would be in the exact same position to reap as Davante. Same goes for Montgomery.

As much as I don't think that much of Davante, I'm going to try and draft both he and RC18 in fantasy because it will be like having Jordy and RC18. The production is going to be there. Where else is it going to go? Richard freaking Rodgers? Unlikely. The rook? Unlikely.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

earthquake
8 years ago
Where will the production go? It could decline, or be spread over more players. 2014 was an odd year for the Packer's system in that two players saw the vast majority of targets (about half of all passes thrown) and production. I wouldn't assume that will be the case in 2015. Davante Adams, assuming he is healthy all year, will certainly see more targets than he did in 2014, but I wouldn't bet on him getting close to 1500 yards 100 rec/150 targets. Jordy Nelson's 150 targets were the most any WR has seen during Rodger's tenure as starter, even more than Jeggings in 2008 (139, his most productive season).

Realistically Adam's peak is probably closer to Cobb in 2015 than Nelson, I would guess he'll be more in the 1000 yard range than 1250 or 1500, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few players like Adams, Montgomery, and Janis with James Jones-like production 5-800 yards with Cobb in the 12-1500 range. Richard Rodgers will probably see increased targets/production as well.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
blank
sschind
8 years ago

Where will the production go? It could decline, or be spread over more players. 2014 was an odd year for the Packer's system in that two players saw the vast majority of targets (about half of all passes thrown) and production. I wouldn't assume that will be the case in 2015. Davante Adams, assuming he is healthy all year, will certainly see more targets than he did in 2014, but I wouldn't bet on him getting close to 1500 yards 100 rec/150 targets. Jordy Nelson's 150 targets were the most any WR has seen during Rodger's tenure as starter, even more than Jeggings in 2008 (139, his most productive season).

Realistically Adam's peak is probably closer to Cobb in 2015 than Nelson, I would guess he'll be more in the 1000 yard range than 1250 or 1500, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few players like Adams, Montgomery, and Janis with James Jones-like production 5-800 yards with Cobb in the 12-1500 range. Richard Rodgers will probably see increased targets/production as well.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

this is the way I see it shaking out as well. Instead of everyone moving up one spot and the numbers per position staying the same I think everyone's numbers position wise (from #2 to #5 plus the RBs and the TEs) will increase a bit. Most of this will be due to the fact that it may take a while to determine who will step up to the #2 spot and whoever starts there may not end up there.

I don't think we will see 1500 yards from our #1 WR (Oh wait, we don't have a #1 WR) may see Cobb put up numbers somewhere between his and Nelson's last year because as the only real established veteran I think Rodgers will lean on him, especially early on, but I don't think anyone will put up numbers like Cobb did. It won't be a two person top heavy breakdown like last year.

nerdmann
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Wait,Uffda's accusing OTHERS of promoting a hype machine?

Oh that's right, he thinks his analysis of Jeff Janis is completely rational. 🤣
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Wait,Uffda's accusing OTHERS of promoting a hype machine?

Oh that's right, he thinks his analysis of Jeff Janis is completely rational. 🤣

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Know your team, paranerd. I guess he wasn't blogged enough about for you to get on board.

from NFL.com

Speaking of Janis, while rookie Ty Montgomery currently has the edge in getting snaps in three-wide receiver sets (which the Packers run A LOT), Janis should still be able to find a way onto the field. Janis was a size-speed freak with measurables that Twitter was all abuzz about heading into the 2014 NFL Draft. Janis' measurables even drew a comparison to Julio Jones. "

Janis finished his college career with 246 receptions for 4,305 yards (17.5 yards per catch) and 46 TDs. He scored a TD on almost 20 percent of his career receptions (18.7 percent, to be precise).

"Every year, there's guys that come from Division II and Division III schools that get an opportunity to get in front of NFL personnel people and NFL coaches and make teams, and he's done a nice job," Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith, the coach of the North team, told the Detroit Free Press. "I know he's caught the attention of our coaching staff. ... I know the South's defensive backs, they're a good group, so he's going to get an opportunity to go against some of the best in the country [Saturday]."
UserPostedImage

Bigbyfan
8 years ago
Uffda already getting excuses ready for when/if Davante Adams has a big year. However those excuses won't apply if it is Janis who ends up breaking out.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.