uffda udfa
8 years ago

Cramming for finals lasts a week or two, remember how mentally exhausted you were?

This is 24/7 for 7-8 months. And if ya goof up a final or two you're ridiculed in the press and savaged across GB forums and blogs. And then because GB is such a tight nit community w/ the fans one may desire to hide with shame in the corner of his room.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Yup... but if you don't do well, in my case, I worked a full time job and would've wasted my tuition. The pay off for doing well for him was far greater than it ever was for any of us. If I knew I had to do what you talk of as being "impossible" (one of my new favorite quotes is: impossible is an opinion not a fact) I would gladly accept it and do it for the pay off I'd receive. I'd want it just because I'd want to be that successful and helpful not to mention the fame and fortune that went with it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000438534/article/bills-sammy-watkins-trying-to-run-through-rookie-wall 

The wall appears to be real if only in the mind.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
8 years ago

Let's ask a rookie from last year who is a WR...that would be a nice apples to apples comparison:

[TWITTER]567737165979717632?s=09[/TWITTER]

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Sorry bud, the proper response should have been:

"Huh, good points Barfarn, ya know I didn't think of that! [or words of similar import]"

I dont know what Cooks thinks he was feelin'; but it wasn't no "rookie wall." LOL, Rookie wall! Funny. How many padded practices did he have by week 10, SIX in the previous 10 weeks, one of them being a Bye week?????? 12 hours of padded practiced in 10 weeks caused Bradin to get tired? Bullsh!t!!!!!! Methinks 10-12 weeks of a 21 YO millionaire imbibing the NO's night life was tiren' ole' Bradin out. LOL, Funny! Rookie wall?!?!?!?

Note unrelated to post: Some feel they always have to be right; I dont get it; but it's a reality. One desperate to be right, trying to disprove or prove a theory cannot do so by presenting one purported outlier fact. It is simply irrational.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Sorry bud, the proper response should have been:

"Huh, good points Barfarn, ya know I didn't think of that! [or words of similar import]"

I dont know what Cooks thinks he was feelin'; but it wasn't no "rookie wall." LOL, Rookie wall! Funny. How many padded practices did he have by week 10, SIX in the previous 10 weeks, one of them being a Bye week?????? 12 hours of padded practiced in 10 weeks caused Bradin to get tired? Bullsh!t!!!!!! Methinks 10-12 weeks of a 21 YO millionaire imbibing the NO's night life was tiren' ole' Bradin out. LOL, Funny! Rookie wall?!?!?!?

Note unrelated to post: Some feel they always have to be right; I dont get it; but it's a reality. One desperate to be right, trying to disprove or prove a theory cannot do so by presenting one purported outlier fact. It is simply irrational.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I'd say to the above...grab a mirror.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
8 years ago

I'd say to the above...grab a mirror.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

No doubt!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Silly me. I thought this topic was going to be about veteran WR and I read talk about a rookie hitting a rookie wall.
UserPostedImage
nyrpack
8 years ago
ive been saying all along james jones will be back !!
jimmy b.
Cheesey
8 years ago
Things have changed. If Cobb misses any time with tonight's injury, we Weill be HOPING that we can get James Jones back.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

Things have changed. If Cobb misses any time with tonight's injury, we Weill be HOPING that we can get James Jones back.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Beat me to it.

😁

Sound like Randall may miss a game or 2.

Adams, White, Montgomery, Janis and a UDFA?

Jones comes available , I think we will see him in Green Bay.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Beat me to it.

😁

Sound like Randall may miss a game or 2.

Adams, White, Montgomery, Janis and a UDFA?

Jones comes available , I think we will see him in Green Bay.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

If James Jones is cut, Vikings, Lions and Bears will put in a claim and one of them will get him before the Packers. Why? Because it would HURT the Packers so you can bet Bears would be first to claim. James Jones used to have big numbers against the Bears. Albeit, fumblitis too!

Only way the Packers get James Jones is via trade and unless it's for Chris Banjo or some other fringe player we don't "need" as much as we "need" James Jones. I say forget bout it!

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

If James Jones is cut, Vikings, Lions and Bears will put in a claim and one of them will get him before the Packers. Why? Because it would HURT the Packers so you can bet Bears would be first to claim. James Jones used to have big numbers against the Bears. Albeit, fumblitis too!

Only way the Packers get James Jones is via trade and unless it's for Chris Banjo or some other fringe player we don't "need" as much as we "need" James Jones. I say forget bout it!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Would he have to go through waivers? He's a vested veteran.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.