DakotaT
8 years ago
Ban them all Zero, they're being mean! I'm going to go run and pout for a few days.

What I do know is that I can read the sports page and get the same information as some of what guys regurgitate. Try thinking outside the box sometimes, you might amaze yourselves.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Ban them all Zero, they're being mean! I'm going to go run and pout for a few days.

What I do know is that I can read the sports page and get the same information as some of what guys regurgitate. Try thinking outside the box sometimes, you might amaze yourselves.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Your only substance to your opinion is your opinion. You have absolutely no reasoning or even statistical analysis of any kind to support your theory. You think people should just go "oh, okay, he said so so ...so... it must be" and that's just ignorance and you are far better than that. Give us your reasoning as to why someone is better. Until you do that, no one worth their weight in salt will value your opinion at all.

- signed
Glorious Football Idiots
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

Your only substance to your opinion is your opinion. You have absolutely no reasoning or even statistical analysis of any kind to support your theory. You think people should just go "oh, okay, he said so so ...so... it must be" and that's just ignorance and you are far better than that. Give us your reasoning as to why someone is better. Until you do that, no one worth their weight in salt will value your opinion at all.

- signed
Glorious Football Idiots

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

My eyes tell me that Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald are better than Jordy Nelson. Stats are for all you geniuses to have your circle jerks with.

And you have that wrong again, Uffda, Nerd, and me are the football idiots - you stat Geeks know everything.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

My eyes tell me that Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald are better than Jordy Nelson. Stats are for all you geniuses to have your circle jerks with.

And you have that wrong again, Uffda, Nerd, and me are the football idiots - you stat Geeks know everything.

What do you see that makes them better than Jordy Nelson? Are they faster? Are they more agile? Do they catch with their hands more than their body? Are they better at back shoulder catches? Are they better run blockers? What is it that you see? Why is that so hard to explain? If it's so clear and obvious, it shouldn't be difficult to explain, right? I'm just looking for a discussion here.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
8 years ago

Even if Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant are better than Nelson (Fitzgerald no longer is), that still doesn't change the fact that Jordy is a #1 WR. Are you saying there are only 2-3 "#1 WRs" in the entire NFL?
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
This person is only a Super Bowl MVP and two time NFL MVP, but what do his eyes tell him about Jordy Nelson?

Let us read, shall we? 😁

Q: What is the challenge in replacing Jordy? And how will beginning preparation for the season opener against Chicago raise morale around here since players are still down about losing him?

RODGERS: It's tough because he is such a great guy and teammate. His play on the field is exceptional. He does things that you just can't teach out there. You can't replace him with one guy. It's just not possible. You just have to have everyone else lift their level of play and try and make up for the loss, if that's possible. But you don't get better losing a guy like Jordy Nelson. You just try to get back to where you were when you had him.

🤦
[bdance]
UserPostedImage
sschind
8 years ago

This person is only a Super Bowl MVP and two time NFL MVP, but what do his eyes tell him about Jordy Nelson?

Let us read, shall we? 😁

🤦
[bdance]

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

In all fairness what do you expect him to say. He is not going to come out and say "It will be tough to replace Jordy, not as tough as it would be to replace Calvin or Dez or Larry, but still it will be tough" there is such a thing as team mate speak. That said I do think that Rodgers probably believes Jordy can play as well as anyone and his stats, oooohhh there's that dirty word, do sort of bear that out.

let me ask you guys who are so down on stats a question. When is all said and done, which player would you rather have on your team the guy who consistently catches 100+ passes for 1200+ yards and 12+ TDs or the guy who is bigger, faster and more athletic but can't get over 10 catches for 100 yards and and TD.

Face it The only reason you think the bigger, faster more athletic guys are better is because in addition to being bigger, faster and more athletic they also put up the stats. A guy can be the biggest, fastest most athletic player the game has ever seen but if he can't put up the stats in a few years people are going to be saying "remember that guy? whatever happened to him."

What guys like Johnson, Bryant and Fitzgerald COULD do with a QB like Rodgers is pure speculation and quite frankly irrelevant. What is relevant is what a player like Nelson CAN and DID do with Rodgers. We are talking about top 5-10 wrs in the league, not comparing a top 5 with a top 50 guy. You guys act as if though one of those three (or maybe even some others depending on your opinions) could come in and catch 150 passes for 2000 yards and 25 TDs like it was nothing. Well, they might be able to if the Packers wanted it to happen, but you know what, Nelson might be able to as well if her Packers wanted it to happen.

Oh, and here is another stat for you to be disgusted with. Jordy Nelson, 1 player, 7 seasons 1 SB ring. Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald 3 players 25 seasons no SB rings. Maybe being the most talented biggest fastest most athletic player is NOT the most important.
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

Tell you what man.

Call it whatever the fuck you guys want. We hashed it out in another thread. Dez's contract is comparable to Cobb and Nelson's contracts combined. But Cobb and Nelson combine for more production.

No corp of DBs in the league is as deep as our WR corps. That's a legit strategy, and it seems to be working quite well.

Remember when Sterling went down with that neck injury? Everyone was worried about Bert. Well as it turned out, Bert actually did better when he spread the ball around, instead of always looking for that "#1."

But yeah. "#1" is just a goddamn label.

Can Jordy beat a team's best, or "number one" CB? Yeah. So he's a legit #1 WR, imo. But it doesn't matter how you label him. The production is there.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Your post just backs up what I stated. How do we defense Dez or Calvin? We bracket cover them. having greater depth makes that harder to do. Teams don't defend us the same as teams with a dominate #1. Can't bracket 3 different WRs. Its not a knock on any of our WR, I rather take 4 #2s over Calvin or Dez but make no mistake if it was a head to head competition between Calvin and Jordy, Calvin wins.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
The debate isn't whether Calvin Johnson is better than Jordy Nelson.

What we're trying to debate is whether Jordy Nelson is a WR1 or not and also identifying the criteria of what makes a WR an actual WR1.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
OK, last year Jordy had 98 receptions, randall 91. We don't have a #1 WR. We have two starting WR that are better combined than most teams top two combined. And we have them with the best QB in the league. There are few teams where Randall and Jordy combined are going to put up the same numbers as they do in this offense with Rodgers.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.