nerdmann
8 years ago

As much as I'm rooting for Abbs (as a lot of Badger fans are), he's going to have to be lights out on Thursday for the Packers to keep a roster spot open for him. I do think the most likely scenario is the Packers go with the current 5 guys most people are predicting and then they'll try to bring him back on the practice squad. As mentioned above, his chances of clearing waivers are decent given his injury history and the chances he'd get called up to the active 53 man roster are decent once the year starter.

Originally Posted by: RainX 

No way he clears waivers imo. If the Packers medical crew cleared him, anyone will.

Dude has been with the team a year now, they know what they've got in him. They've seen him in OTAs and whatnot. We as fans have yet to see what he brings to the table, but the staff has a pretty good idea.

Yeah it would be nice if he didn't shit himself, but I'm not convinced that's the deciding factor. Dude can run routes and knows the play book. Those factors are in his favor.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
8 years ago
NerdMan you hit the nail on the head. He knows the playbook inside and out so he is way ahead of the others. I think we see him on the roster, he can return punts which we all seen Janis can't do and he is a great route runner.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
QCHuskerFan
8 years ago
He has made it through, what, 3 practices in 2 years. Nobody knows if he knows the playbook. He hasn't proven anything. He has no timing or experience with AR. Since his tremendous college career, he has blown out a knee and suffered a concussion.

He and Janis were drafted at the same time. Janis has made it through ~100 practices and 7 preseason games. (Didn't research, just guessing). Abby has completed 3 practices? If it weren't for an injury, Janis might not have made the squad. So why the love for Abby?

If he wasn't a Badger star, would he have anyone supporting him to make the team?
nerdmann
8 years ago

He has made it through, what, 3 practices in 2 years. Nobody knows if he knows the playbook. He hasn't proven anything. He has no timing or experience with AR. Since his tremendous college career, he has blown out a knee and suffered a concussion.

He and Janis were drafted at the same time. Janis has made it through ~100 practices and 7 preseason games. (Didn't research, just guessing). Abby has completed 3 practices? If it weren't for an injury, Janis might not have made the squad. So why the love for Abby?

If he wasn't a Badger star, would he have anyone supporting him to make the team?

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

Abby is better than Janis.

He's been through OTAs and the entire offseason program. Janis still has a "limited route tree."

But you're right, we as fans don't know how well he knows the playbook and all that. However the fact that they've kept him around until now suggests that they like what they've seen.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Bigbyfan
8 years ago
If he's on the roster, it'll be for two weeks before he is back on IR. The dude can't stay healthy. We have enough injury prone guys as it is. I also don't think it's a coincidence that he only practiced on the first and last day of training camp.

You say the coaches know what they have in him, but they have yet to see what he does in a game setting.
blank
QCHuskerFan
8 years ago

Abby is better than Janis.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

He certainly is more knowledgeable with the Training staff. 😝

Abby had a better college career and was more highly regarded than Janis when drafted. But that was nearly 17 months, major knee surgery and a slow recovery from a concussion ago. We have not seen Abby do anything on a field.

I don't think we have enough information to prove or disprove your statement.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

He certainly is more knowledgeable with the Training staff. 😝

Abby had a better college career and was more highly regarded than Janis when drafted. But that was nearly 17 months, major knee surgery and a slow recovery from a concussion ago. We have not seen Abby do anything on a field.

I don't think we have enough information to prove or disprove your statement.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Stop it, just ... STOP IT!!!

Until someone posts their Madden ratings, you know nothing!!!!!!! 🤬
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
8 years ago

If he's on the roster, it'll be for two weeks before he is back on IR. The dude can't stay healthy. We have enough injury prone guys as it is. I also don't think it's a coincidence that he only practiced on the first and last day of training camp.

You say the coaches know what they have in him, but they have yet to see what he does in a game setting.

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan 

That's true, but this staff puts a lot of stock into "potential." Someone posted a transcript from Ted Thompson just the other day where he stated that potential matters a lot. That doesn't mean he will make the roster, but they will be projecting his potential forward, even if they haven't seen it in live action yet. He undoubtedly has a lot of potential. It's just a matter of staying healthy.

I don't think he would pass through waivers. Lots of teams always need a wide receiver.
8 years ago
At this point I'm just assuming Abby won't do anything and will be gone. That said If he proves me wrong and does then I will be elated! He's got the skills, does he have the body?
DakotaT
8 years ago
I don't care for Abbrederis or Myles White. They are two skinny to play pro football. They're going to get lit up an hurt.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.