ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

he reminds me of his brother Jerry Reinsdorf when he dismantled the Bulls.

"dhazer" wrote:

Well, you're obviously not from Chicago or old enough to really remember what it was like when ReinsDork did that. NO comparison, in any way at all.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

Excuse me i was a Bulls season ticket holder when he did this. He didn't want it known as MJ's team he wanted it known as the team he built. Ted Thompson didn't want this known as Favre's team he wants it known as his own. The bulls have sucked since and as far as Ted Thompson he has had 1 winning season out of 4 your probably to young to remember the last time the Packers had losing seasons. People are saying he has helped this team by getting us under the cap well tell me this what good is it if he don't spend it but on second teir players? Ted Thompson got rid of the aging line but yet to this day hasn't found a replacement. So now tell me where i am wrong.

"dhazer" wrote:

Brett isn't MJ - there's one area you're wrong. Also, Reiny flat out SAID he wanted the Bulls to be known as his team and not MJ's or Phil's - Thompson hasn't ever said anything, and as usual it's your irrational hatred (fueled by an equally irrational hero worship) that's leading you to compare the two.

If Thompson ever manages to put together a track record as miserable as Reinsdorf, then maybe I'll join you - but as of yet he's not anywhere near in the same category.

EDIT to add: And as my member name attests, I'm 39 - I lived through the 70s and 80s right along with everyone else. Again, comparing the current Packers to the joke we used to call a team is just hyperbole aimed at stirring people up, and that's just tired as hell at this point. Get a new act.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

The only thing that matters is the results on the field.

"macbob" wrote:

Bingo!
In the end of the day, I want more Lombardis than the Cows. I don't care of the GM comes to work dressed in a tutu. Just get us the players it takes to win. That's all I ask for.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Oh, great, thanks for THAT visual. Now I've got visions of Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson in tutus. I'm going to have to go scrub my eyes with drano now...

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

You're welcome.

You know what though? Ted Thompson wouldn't look too bad in a tutu. Mike McCarthy though, that would be disastrous. He'd be like the Hippo dancing with the Crocodile in Fantasia.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
15 years ago

What I read about Wolf and Favre is that Wolf really wanted Favre. The Falcons ended up drafting him and Wolf did what it took to get Favre over here.

So Wolf gets full credit for Favre, as Ted Thompson gets full credit for Gregorious.

"oskarliminga" wrote:

Sure he did! But it was still a gamble at the tiime. And after Wolf watched Favre for a bit, he then went to FA and got Reggie. He knew there was a piece from the puzzzle that was missing, on DEFENSE.

Jennings is definiyely a piece in the current puzzle, but there are still some missing pieces.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

So....when Wolf did a good move, he was a genius....when Ted Thompson does it, he's "lucky?" Man.......to me thats just ignoring the truth because you don't WANT to give any credit to TT.
Wolf got Reggie........TT got Woodson and Pickett........TT just got "lucky" again, right?
Oh....and Wolf took several years to build the Packers to where they won the Super Bowl. But you arn't willing to allow Ted Thompson to have the time needed?

To me its unreal how some will dissmiss good moves by our current GM based only on the fact they hate the guy. Ted Thompson got Rodgers.........a guy who threw 28 TD's, and only 13 ints, over 4000 yards in his first season on the field.
Damn......that Ted Thompson is just "lucky!" He has NO idea what he's doing.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
15 years ago
Cheesey, relax, your blood pressure is skyrocketing.
It's all gonna be good come next year when we have the 32nd pick in the draft.
Cheesey
15 years ago

"yooperfan" wrote:

Thanks Yoop.....and you are right. With what i'm going through right now, getting worked up is the worse thing i can do.
I just have a problem TRYING to understand the lack of logical thinking.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

"yooperfan" wrote:

Crap! That means we're going to lose the NFC Championship game again?
I was really hoping we'd win the SB next year. You do remember that there are two expansion teams in '09, don't you.

(I'm kidding. Just seeing if anyone fell for it).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
yooperfan
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Crap! That means we're going to lose the NFC Championship game again?
I was really hoping we'd win the SB next year. You do remember that there are two expansion teams in '09, don't you.

What????????

(I'm kidding. Just seeing if anyone fell for it).

"yooperfan" wrote:

Cheesey
15 years ago

"oskarliminga" wrote:

Thanks Yoop.....and you are right. With what i'm going through right now, getting worked up is the worse thing i can do.
I just have a problem TRYING to understand the lack of logical thinking.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Don't try to understand that which you can NEVER understand.

I'm a Yooper too! And non-Yoopers will NEVER understand Yooper logic, not even Cheeseheads! :icon_smile:

"yooperfan" wrote:

Where in the UP do you live?
I lived for a couple of years in Pembine Wisconsin, and worked at Mr. Donut in Iron Mountain. BEAUTIFUL area!!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

What I read about Wolf and Favre is that Wolf really wanted Favre. The Falcons ended up drafting him and Wolf did what it took to get Favre over here.

So Wolf gets full credit for Favre, as Ted Thompson gets full credit for Gregorious.

"oskarliminga" wrote:

Sure he did! But it was still a gamble at the tiime. And after Wolf watched Favre for a bit, he then went to FA and got Reggie. He knew there was a piece from the puzzzle that was missing, on DEFENSE.

Jennings is definiyely a piece in the current puzzle, but there are still some missing pieces.

"Cheesey" wrote:

So....when Wolf did a good move, he was a genius....when Ted Thompson does it, he's "lucky?" Man.......to me thats just ignoring the truth because you don't WANT to give any credit to Ted Thompson.
Wolf got Reggie........Ted Thompson got Woodson and Pickett........Ted Thompson just got "lucky" again, right?
Oh....and Wolf took several years to build the Packers to where they won the Super Bowl. But you arn't willing to allow Ted Thompson to have the time needed?

To me its unreal how some will dissmiss good moves by our current GM based only on the fact they hate the guy.
Ted Thompson got Rodgers.........a guy who threw 28 TD's, and only 13 ints, over 4000 yards in his first season on the field.
Damn......that Ted Thompson is just "lucky!" He has NO idea what he's doing.

"oskarliminga" wrote:

If you're going to compare Favre circa 1995 and Reggie circa 1995 with Woodson and Picket, please sit down. There's no comparison.

As for A-Rod; yes he had a great year statistically, but he was still 6-10, No hit on A-Rod. But he's still 6-10.

As for Ted not having the time needed as opposed to Wolf? Do some research. And stop using the word "hate". Its intellectually insulting to those of us who are are using logic and reason to counter your blind allegiance to Ted Thompson.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I'm coparing the fact that Ted Thompson does go after FA's. There hasn't been anyone CLOSE to White as far as FA's of late.
Favre was someone no one wanted. Wolf got him.
I'm just saying Wolf didn't build the Packers into a winner instantly, it took time.
All i want is a fair amount of time for TT. Thats not blind allegiance, thats just being fair.
As the old saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day" and neither will the Packers be. But the foundation is there.
Now......like i said.....if we tank this coming season, THEN i will judge Ted Thompson accordingly.
I'm JUST trying to be fair to the guy.
It's NOT like he's been Matt Millen. He HAS made some great moves. But NO GM gets them all right. Not ONE.

Oh....and i will get a email off to you tomorrow! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
15 years ago
I'm sick of the 90's comparisons.

How many times do you guys have to be reminded that our coaching staff consisted of Mike Holmgren, Andy Reid, Fritz Shermur, Steve Mariucci, Jon Gruden?

They deserve just as much credit, if not more, than the General Managers who are overseeing things. The coaches make the players who they are. The coaches make the players understand teamwork. The coaches make the players reach their limitless potential.

You can say Wolf went out and signed Reggie White. If you all remember, NOBODY thought that was going to happen. In fact, it was out of the question. He just joined us because it was his gut feeling. White got a lot of criticism for joining the Packers. Remember that.

Thompson has developed the core of this team. He drafted Aaron Rodgers. He drafted Greg Jennings. He signed Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett, both of whom were great players who also just happened to have the best year of their careers while being a member of this team. He spent money on Marquand Manuel and he flopped. We were a 5-5 football team and he was going to trade for Tony Gonzalez, and then Carl Peterson said no.

Thompson's been trying to make the team better, and all he ever gets are invitations to firetedthompson.com.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings