RainX
8 years ago
Abs was solid tonight in his debut. Made a few nice plays, protected the football on punt returns, and did about what you'd expect from a guy whose been out as long as he has.

I don't think he makes the final 53 man unless the Packers keep six WRs. If it's Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Janis, and White are the guys, Pinkard and Abbs have a good shot at being on the PS unless they get claimed off waivers.
blank
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
I still think the Packers keep 6 WRs. Much as I root for Abbrederis as a Badger, I didn't think he was any more than ordinary tonight. On the good side, he did well on returns and he didn't get hurt with hard hits. On the bad side, he didn't get much separation on pass plays. Early on, I thought White was on the road to playing himself off the team, but he came back strong. Maybe Abbrederis' best chance is if Pinkard goes on IR.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
dhazer
8 years ago
I actually thought Abby played very well tonight. He was good on the punt returns aka actually gained yards running north and south and did the small things like:

If you watch the 1st White TD both defenders jumped on Abby to leave White all alone, he did that on a few plays I noticed. He was open on a few plays but never got the ball, you can only catch what is thrown to you. I think the lack on throws falls on not being at practice and the qb gets his own favorites he is comfortable with. I see Abby sticking and I hate to say it but White will be cut unless we keep 6.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
8 years ago

So basically, we have a choice: either we can believe this line of CRAP or we can go with our own eyes.

I saw the play and immediate absolved Hundley from most of the blame - R. Rodgers got manhandled by a much smaller DB and went down. It probably was within 5 yards, and it was real close as to whether the contact was while the ball was in the air i.e. interference. But blame Janis? That's just ludicrous. Is somebody saying he was supposed to cut in front of R. Rodgers or what?

As for this prioritizing of WRs, sheesh! We Do NOT need to sign some retread!

As for Abbrederis, the subject of this thread, I think that will go a long way toward being decided where it should be decided - on the field tonight. Ditto that for Janis. I HOPE ditto that for Adams - it would be a damn shame if he just gets handed the job as #2 WR.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Crap? really, This from a guy who thinks Barclay should be the holder cause he's good at it....LOL, BTW That was pretty funny Tex!

Have to admit Tex and GCBacon that like you guys, I thought it was a Rodgers slip, until i read that Bennett was chewing out Janis. So i took another look. The key though is to trust what you DONT SEE: and you DONT SEE a hot receiver.

It's 3rd and 5; Eagles blitz to 2 LBs one left one up the middle; that means the hot receiver is usually on the left; Hundley thought his Hot guy was on the left. so It's Rodgers or Janis. Rodgers runs straight up field to pressure his CB at 10 yards and is probably running an out or a curl out, because Monty from just outside the right slot is running a drag and if Rodgers was only doing a hook, Hundley would be leading Monty right into Rodgers' area on the 2nd read [Noone designs a play like this]. If Rodgers is running a 2 line out, then he is not the hot receiver.

Rodgers gets up hands up looking back to his right. Is this possibly a reaction to PI? Dont think so, 'cause the back judge was back to left; and line judge was right front, and Rodgers NEVER looked back for the ball. The replay showed him looking to rub the CB not catch a pass. Because Janis was supposed to run a slant and Rodgers was looking for Janis, who ran A GO ROUTE on a 6 man pass rush.

Hundley and Mike McCarthy can be seen incessantly b!tching; this is not a reaction to a TE accidentally slipping. And then Aaron Rodgers calls out Janis a day or 2 later.

The overwhelming evidence asserts that Janis caused the pick 6.

Anyways, i concur that Abby didn't get as much separation as I'd liked to have seen; but the guy is 100% fearless. He needs 3-4 weeks to work off the rust b4 he can contribute on the 46. So best place for him is PS. Again, I believe we need a 6th WR in the early part of the season to come out 3-0 and Abby wont help that.

nerdmann
8 years ago

Crap? really, This from a guy who thinks Barclay should be the holder cause he's good at it....LOL, BTW That was pretty funny Tex!

Have to admit Tex and GCBacon that like you guys, I thought it was a Rodgers slip, until i read that Bennett was chewing out Janis. So i took another look. The key though is to trust what you DONT SEE: and you DONT SEE a hot receiver.

It's 3rd and 5; Eagles blitz to 2 LBs one left one up the middle; that means the hot receiver is usually on the left; Hundley thought his Hot guy was on the left. so It's Rodgers or Janis. Rodgers runs straight up field to pressure his CB at 10 yards and is probably running an out or a curl out, because Monty from just outside the right slot is running a drag and if Rodgers was only doing a hook, Hundley would be leading Monty right into Rodgers' area on the 2nd read [Noone designs a play like this]. If Rodgers is running a 2 line out, then he is not the hot receiver.

Rodgers gets up hands up looking back to his right. Is this possibly a reaction to PI? Dont think so, 'cause the back judge was back to left; and line judge was right front, and Rodgers NEVER looked back for the ball. The replay showed him looking to rub the CB not catch a pass. Because Janis was supposed to run a slant and Rodgers was looking for Janis, who ran A GO ROUTE on a 6 man pass rush.

Hundley and Mike McCarthy can be seen incessantly b!tching; this is not a reaction to a TE accidentally slipping. And then Aaron Rodgers calls out Janis a day or 2 later.

The overwhelming evidence asserts that Janis caused the pick 6.

Anyways, i concur that Abby didn't get as much separation as I'd liked to have seen; but the guy is 100% fearless. He needs 3-4 weeks to work off the rust b4 he can contribute on the 46. So best place for him is PS. Again, I believe we need a 6th WR in the early part of the season to come out 3-0 and Abby wont help that.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Yeah I suspected it was a pick play.

It's well known that Janis doesn't know the play book. If there's a blitz, you switch from your go route and look for the fucking ball. Not doing that is a rookie mistake. But Janis isn't a rookie anymore.

Another reason why Abby makes this team. He knows the play book.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.